Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GossBoss

VIP Member
H&M are good, I have a few from there, plus they also do linen mix tshirts which are a looser fit.
And some Shirred top dresses which are lovely and cool

Reactions: 1

Em_

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a plus size bum bag? I've been looking on she in and I'm ot sure they'll fir. I want to wear it over my body like a cross over bag. It's for the airport, I think it'll be easier to keep passports in

Potato_waffle

Chatty Member
Panache sports bras are honestly incredible, I have 4 of them. They are true to size, great for high impact and have j hook fastenings at the back to make them racerback if needed (this actually gives extra support). Not cheap but worth every penny x
I second panache. I got the underwired one, which sounds horrific, but is amazing and so comfy. I did have to size down in the cup as the girls have hit the the droopy bottom heavy era

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I love the Sketchers ones, I have wide feet and they are very comfortable. I wear mine until they fall apart
I'm eyeing up some from their range. Do you happen to know how adjustable the straps are? One foot is ever so slightly bigger than the other due to repeated ankle injuries. This plus feet swelling in the heat means a bit of flexibility would be useful at times :)

sickofem

Chatty Member
For those of you who have bought swimwear from SHEIN, would you mind sharing a link or screenshot please? I’ve had my eye on a couple but have been a bit apprehensive

I wanted some arm coverage so I got this one & another similar in bright colour with print on, they are both fab! Adjustable straps, loads of support & feel really good quality!! Actually feel it makes me look slimmer cos sucks it in!!

Edited to add other picture!

Attachments

soph30

VIP Member
Ugh being plus size sucks in this heat :( anyone have any recommendations for retailers that sell cotton and linen in plus sizes? I can’t do a polyester t-shirt, sweat everywhere :)

soph30

VIP Member
Does anyone know any good plus size podcasts? I really need interesting ones to listen to and I don't care about effing celebrities or people's takes on the news or how to tell if you're being gaslit in a relationship :)

Some People!

Chatty Member
I'd add that they're not identical - the Curve is 100% a different cut than the regular.

Doesn't really explain the prices, but I thought it a good idea to flag.

theodorable

I’m sorry if this is derailing on this thread at all but I really need some advice for any fellow plus size ladies (or men!) who have had a spray tan? I’ve booked to get one but I’m now so nervous wondering how it’ll be in a bigger body. Like.. having some rolls or folds? Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe I should cancel and do it myself? I have the fear.

Also I love h and m for their oversized plain T-shirts, go up to a 4XL

biscuitthief

And for tops, it’s the opposite. They think every plus sized person has the shortest torso going or don’t mind showing off their belly shelf. I’m 5’8 and just go for dresses now because I’m fed up trying to find tops that cover my minge area

Make longer tops guys! You will sell out.
Yes! This. I'm 5'8 and have the exact same problem. Yours's basic longline cami tops are great as they are that bit longer than standard camis. Simply Be tops are the worst! Size up and they get wider but not longer 😠

I'm also fed up with long sleeves that are more like 3/4 sleeves! I have long arms too damn it!

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Has anyone ordered from Topsy Curvy? I wondered if their hoddies wash well and are a good material? Thanks 👍🏼

Em_

VIP Member
40e and got non wired plunge bras from m&s and they are AMAZING

@Em_ how long ago did you order from shein and how quick was it to come? I want to order some swimwear from there for my holiday 😄
It took just under 2 weeks, I placed the order on the 24th July and it arrived on the 5th August.
The only issue I've got is that I can't return an item due to it being in final sale. I didn't know that before I ordered, so probably my fault for not reading the t&c.

barrrlohflaughs

Chatty Member
I wanted some arm coverage so I got this one & another similar in bright colour with print on, they are both fab! Adjustable straps, loads of support & feel really good quality!! Actually feel it makes me look slimmer cos sucks it in!!

Edited to add other picture!
Oooo Thank you!

Aceofspades

Chatty Member
I might be looking for a unicorn here.

Don't like wearing dresses or skirts. I wore a dress during the heatwave last year for the first time in *years* and that was because it was going to hit 30C. Not keen on shorts but will consider. Need an elasticated band to control IBS issues. I'm a size 20, apple body shape that does not enjoy polyester materials.

What, pray tell, do I buy to wear during the summer months?

Similar to the poster above, but I like culottes in the summer. Got a couple of fab pairs from shein in a nice plisse material, but boohoo, Asda etc all have them in. Just make me feel a little more covered but not sweaty.

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Agree. I haven't worn a dress in donkeys years, I don't want anything fitted to emphasise my bust but anything not fitted just hangs from my boots and looks like a maternity outfit. I did see a brand doing a range called Fuller Bust but I can't remember where??
I have a problem with the shelf of fat on the top of my bum. Dresses are shorter at the back because of it.

Pinkfoxxie

thank god for this thread!
so, have dreamed of owning a pair of dungaree since I was a child. Never bought them coz I just assumed they’d look ridiculous.
Took the plunge, fully expecting to laugh at myself and then return them, and strike them from my wish list forever.
But…. I kinda love them, and can’t decide whether that’s just coz I love dungarees or whether they actually look ok.
Be honest, do I just look like someone who sings the wheels on the bus four times a day?
Oh you look fab 🥰