Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_

VIP Member
I'm boiling today it's reached 29° in the NW and I've realised that most of my summer dresses are polyester. I'm going to have a look at h&m, new look and bon marche thanks to the recommendations on here.

Reactions: 1

Kate1970

VIP Member
Where do you buy T-shirts from? I’ve got huge boobs which means that lots of t shirts end up too short or tight on me. I bought a few from New Look in December and they all have loads of holes in them! I don’t think it’s moths as it’s only these t shirts, I wash my clothes at 40 degrees, use fairy non bio and air dry them so think the holes are more likely due to them being poor quality. Honestly I don’t expect a T-shirt that cost £20 to have less than 6 months wear! Has anyone else had similar issues with New Look?
Not had a problem with T Shirts from here
Have you trued Yours clothing for T Shirts, bit more than New Look, but might be worth it?

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
Have any of you ever bought anything from Pretty Little Thing? I like some of their stuff but have no idea what the quality or sizing is like

Loubell83

VIP Member
Joining in, I see my boob-mate Boogs is here!
I got a bnwt midaxi dress in the British Heart Foundation shop which is really a great fit! I have some snag chub rubs which are good but I prefer using Body Glide - it’s made for cyclists to stop chafing. When it’s really hot I don’t want an extra layer under my dress
Ive found the body glide website but so many options! What’s the best one? I was thinking just the original blue one?

• Heart

dee_mc

VIP Member
Great! I’ll get ordering…
I've got some really nice knitwear in Sainsburys over the years. Admittedly the quality of their clothing in general has taken a dive in the last couple of years but I still think it's worth a look in the next few weeks.

EssexHun

You'll fit on absolutely everything at Disney, it is very plus sized friendly. Universal might be trickier as it is designed for teenage boys (no joke) and some of the rides are not very accommodating for larger bodies. Depending on where you carry your weight, you should be ok at a UK sized 20. I'm not overly familiar with the other theme parks in Orlando but apparently they are not great for plus sized people.
I am going Disney in Florida in October and have been frantically researching the rides at all the Disney parks… only ones I won’t try is the Runaway Train (sorry can’t remember full title) and Avatar at whichever park it is, as apparently that’s not plus size friendly either.

I did ok at Universal in 2019, though I had to leave the Mummy ride (even though i tried the test seat outside) the bar would not click on the last notch, but I have a huge hernia in my abdomen and was too painful to push the bar any further so I did the walk of shame 🤪🙈 I did get given 4 fast passes but I didn’t attempt the Hulk coaster, and Harry Potter was closed as queues were too long… other than that, Kong, Fast and Furious, Shrek, Jurassic Park and few others I was ok with and I carry my weight around my stomach area.

I’m sure you will be fine, people don’t blink an eye at plus size people, and there are seats outside rides to try, you will enjoy it I’m sure and I hope you do 😊😊

I’m curious about the bum bag, I too have always used a cross body, but may now consider a bum bag! May look at Walmart when I get there for one, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m also going to purchase cheap waterproof ponchos, we had an amazing but bloody manic storm at Universal on one of the days, it absolutely chucked it down! The water on the floor came up last my ankles, I had to steal my other half’s baseball cap as the rain was literally washing out my contact lenses!! We were DRENCHED!! Like absolutely soaked, wringing out clothes drenched! Couldn’t sit in the car as we were puddling!! It was hilarious but man, I wish we had ponchos! They are so expensive in the parks so would recommend buying cheaper ones either online before you go or at places such as Walmart.

Em_

VIP Member
Heyyy just searched this on the off chance! Need some inspo pleaseeee. What can I wear to a bottomless brunch. Nothing to dressy but not to casual 😂 I bought a smock dress from primark and sized up as primark normally comes up small but it’s to big! But I think the XL will be a bit tight!! I was going to wear it with sandals and denim jacket! I’m always stuck for what kind of top to wear if I wear jeans!
I'd say a midi dress that you can dress up.or down. Do you like patterned dresses or just plain? I despise Poppy Adams but she did a reel with gifted sainsburys dresses and I'd say you could dress them up or down.

• Heart

MJx

Chatty Member
Hey, I’m trying to get a new swimsuit I’ve gone from a size 28 to an 18 and they all seem to be high leg , so it’s like floss at the front and my tummy sticks out and massive saggy bum, and when I mean saggy it’s nowhere near my bum. Any recommendations on swimsuits that actually cover your bits

Em_

VIP Member
You’re welcome ☺

I find Boohoo and PLT sizing a bit hit and miss, I always tend to size up if no stretch. I have a big bust and this is an area I sometimes struggle with. I have one thing from Nasty Gal and that was ok in my usual size.

Edit for typos, sorry.
Thanks, I used to shop with boohoo and had to size up all the time. I thought I was bigger than I was due to boohoo 😂

• Sad

monkeybutts

Does anyone know any good plus size podcasts? I really need interesting ones to listen to and I don't care about effing celebrities or people's takes on the news or how to tell if you're being gaslit in a relationship :)
I love maintenance phase, it’s kind of more about diet culture but really great and Aubrey Gordon formally yr fat friend is brilliant

Don’t know if they’ve been mentioned but am a bit disillusioned with snag tights. There’s SUCH a gulf between E and F
I’ve only ever had f which is grand for me but I will say they do rip just as much as any other tights I find, so they do feel like a bit of a bump. Chub rub shorts supremacy tho

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Hello, back again 😂

I ordered some lovely sandals from Fit Flop. Unfortunately they don't fit my swollen trotters so need to go back.

I really need additional support in shoes due to having bad flat feet. Yours have some looking sandals but look like they have next to no support. Sometimes I use insoles but that's obviously not an option with sandals insoles 😂 Hotter shoes also don't seem to offer the same support and, dare I say it, look a bit old lady like.

Has anyone found stylish sandals that come with similar support to Fit Flop that fit wide feet?

Applina89

Hey! Can anyone recommend some good quality plus size brands? I’m looking to build a capsule wardrobe of pieces that will last and M&S is a trusty faithful but I wouldn’t mind changing it up a bit, and I’ve had a blank as to where else would be good. I’m a size 22 and any help would be greatly appreciated!

dee_mc

VIP Member
Tesco have some lovely cotton and linen tops - peasant style, off the shoulder etc
I bought a couple a few weeks back, they wash well and get lots of compliments 🙂
Not sure of size range but def goes to 18 and size is generous.

Loubell83

VIP Member
After spending several years suffering from chub rub I think it's time I took the plunge and bought some of those anti-chaffe shorts. I see both Snag tights and Better tights sell them, is one better than the other? I don't want to make a costly mistake 🙈
I love my snag chub rub shorts.
They are so lightweight so you don’t feel like you are wearing anything.
I swear by them!

• Heart

unidentified

VIP Member
thank god for this thread!
so, have dreamed of owning a pair of dungaree since I was a child. Never bought them coz I just assumed they’d look ridiculous.
Took the plunge, fully expecting to laugh at myself and then return them, and strike them from my wish list forever.
But…. I kinda love them, and can’t decide whether that’s just coz I love dungarees or whether they actually look ok.
Be honest, do I just look like someone who sings the wheels on the bus four times a day?
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Love them! They look great on you. I too love dungarees but I’m too short and fat to pull them off.

Charitas

Chatty Member
I’m looking for swimwear too! I’ve had a look at the usual Next and M&S but they all seem a bit basic? Ideally I’m looking for a bikini but one with good coverage that will actually cover my cheeks! 😅 Have you had a look at Yours? They have some options but not sure if they ship internationally?
Brastop do a lot of swimwear - sold by bra size and often have sales on . They start at a D and stock lots of sizes. They nearly always have a sale on. I have a skirted swimsuit from Bon marche, which looks lovely till you get in the pool when the skirt floats up