Phoebe Court #29 Simply Fed

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Little Vespie is changing schools too. So maybe Henry’s heirs to the throne got accepted into 2 schools that would make the school run impossible?

Reactions: 2
All the approx 10 Mums I have spoken to, 8 got 1st choice, 1 got 2nd choice and 1 got 3rd choice. Approx 50% had a school place out of their catchment.
---

i guess it’s down to opinion. I wouldn’t choose a school just because it’s the closest when a few more minutes away is a school that is better suited to my child and our family. Everyone looks for different things in schools - some looks for small class size, some want large class size, some want excellent exam results, some want well established extra curricular, some want experienced send support, some need wrap around care.
Obviously a few mins away is different. We had people in high school on a 40 mins bus journey to school.
I send my daughter to catholic school so it’s generally picking catholic or non denominational then the one nearest. I’ve only ever been about 4 mins from the school and been lucky they’ve highest score on HMI too

Reactions: 1
Little Vespie is changing schools too. So maybe Henry’s heirs to the throne got accepted into 2 schools that would make the school run impossible?
Is she making the daughter move away from her friends? That’s sad us so Hope not.

• Sad
I’m sure Big Mick said they were waiting on finding out her school too
---
I've seen somebody else from a different area post about waiting for confirmation for their place at the next school up, even though it's the same school technically.
I have no idea though as all our schools around here seem to just be Primary and Secondary and that's it

In some areas, there’s infant schools, junior schools then secondary. So you move up to Juniors for Years 3-6. I did it when I was a kid but my children just do primary and secondary in the borough we live in now.

We had to apply for a junior school place even tho it’s technically the same school. I only applied for one school tho so wasn’t worried 😂

Reactions: 1
Our infant school is a feeder into the junior school on the same site, but we still had to apply for the junior school. Of which some kids didn't get a place.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’m sure that’s their first breakfast when they wake up then they get another breakfast a bit later
For real? So what do they have for the second breakfast? They’re like hobbits 😂
The kids are the spit of her as well. Think the wee boy could have done with the next size up jacket this morning!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yeah she mentioned a while back that the kids have fruit when they wake up then their (second) breakfast a bit later. I see she’s added a biscuit to their fruit plate now though 🙄
So excessive with food.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The size of that lunch! No way!

She is such a bleeping bore about gluten. I can’t eat gluten and it’s just not that difficult. At a push I’d get a box of Nairns gluten-free oatcakes, a banana, and some yoghurt. £4 tops and the oatcakes would last a week.

Reactions: 9
The size of that lunch! No way!

She is such a bleeping bore about gluten. I can’t eat gluten and it’s just not that difficult. At a push I’d get a box of Nairns gluten-free oatcakes, a banana, and some yoghurt. £4 tops and the oatcakes would last a week.
I always think that too, it’s consuming her and she’s making a big thing of it. Just buy some fruit or something, gluten free biscuits if she must. I can’t believe she NEEDED to buy all that to make a lunch. Do they not have jacket potatoes?

Reactions: 9