Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lovenews

Chatty Member
I'm being sarcastic! I know she is speaking the truth! the powers at be at ITV won't like what she has said!
Oh ok. I feel alot of people can say what they want in tv this week cos if they are sacked for having free speech they will have a lawsuit and payday. I am gonna record loose women. They will deffo discuss it.

Reactions: 4

Intheparkonthebeach

Just reading the letters between the parliamentary committee and McCall’s response. We’ve heard the same words from Itv previously but the reference to finding nothing beyond hearsay and rumour is quite telling. What evidence did they expect to find? Phil at it with MM in his dressing room? The wording is not a categoric denial that they found anything, it’s a weaselly attempt to downplay that people confirmed that something was going on.

Given the seriousness of these allegations, rumours, call them what you will, that was surely enough to take action. And indeed MM was moved to LW and paid off. So I suspect they were pretty clear on what was going on but the only person they cared about protecting was Phil, not the ‘troubled young man’. They’ve admitted as much and it’s disgusting.

And while we’re at it, Holly should tell her PR that using the phrase ‘super relaxed‘ about being questioned isn’t appropriate given we’re talking about grooming, not whether M&S gave her the wrong dress to wear.
Well said!

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
But people WILL have an opinion on it - for him or against.

No one wants to some to die by suicide as you’re right, the aftermath can be catastrophic but people who do it, do it because they see no other way out, that they’re actually doing their loved ones “a favour” of sorts by not being here anymore so as not to be a burden. I apologise I don’t mean to speak as though I’m speaking on behalf off all people who have died by suicide or their loved ones, there will be many reasons but from personal & professional experience this can sometimes be a common part of it. PS just wants to be the nations favourite again and he’s sad he isn’t anymore, because he’s lost that power and he just needs to lose his power of his potential victims too
I am aware of family who have found a new lease of life now their toxic relation has unalived themselves. It's a very complicated thing isn't it.

Intheparkonthebeach

I think the fact the lad was 18 at some point is throwing people off - as a mother to an 18 year old boy I can tell you now that if a man old enough to be my dad was making eyes at him I would turn that man’s bollocks into nipple tassels because my son isn’t emotionally mature enough yet to properly deflect unwanted advances or recognise red flags. The fact this lad is also said to have ASD and is clearly very young looking, tells me he isn’t exactly a mature 18 year old. So 18 or not, morally PS is in the wrong and should have stayed the hell away from his tackle. I can’t even fathom how PS could be attracted to someone that, whilst being an adult in age, is essentially a boy.
Or grandfather

Ensay

VIP Member
huh? So Philip said MM was 20 and that the taxis aren’t true and you believe him???
Yes for two reasons. He originally lied to protect his career but that’s in tatters now. But mostly because there’s an investigation and financial accounts don’t lie. So I think even he knows lying about something that would have a financial audit trail is futile.

StewPots

VIP Member
After quite a few thread derails, here comes Philth with his saggy arsed “I’m sorry” tale…..

• Haha

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
I haven't watched the BBC interview yet, so has he mentioned any of the time leading up to MM working at TM? That's the bit everyone wants to know about.

He seems to have dismissed that as a few messages etc giving MM advice on how to get onto TV. However we know he was actually meeting MM on his own in pubs and stuff. I don't buy him saying everything just seemed to happen all of a sudden when MM was 20 without there being any previous history.

He's made no mention of Simon Schofield either who seems to be a big part of this "friendship".
He said that MM belonged to a theatre group of his friend , that was it .

Regarding MM work experience on TM , he said that MM asked him , presumably on twitter if he could do work experience on TM , Philip liking to " pay it forward" said yes sure ! Asked how old MM was when he did this work experience , he was 19 aparently!

L3moning

VIP Member
If the tea about him being another Savile type in this thread is true, it will come out.
It might. But if it doesn't then there's no way of knowing if that's because its not true or because people don't want to speak out. That's why I think people should be careful on jumping the gun on accusing him of criminal offences. He's not been accused of any. Yet.

moldwarp

VIP Member
Someone else who is wondering what they would make of this! I bet Chase would be stoneyfaced and disgusted throughout with this person poncing about with 10 year old boys. Gregs face would be meh throughout and would somehow shoe in he is a "southern boy".
Lol yes and Mark would be waving his arms about exploring the deep subconscious metaphors and references in PS’s words whilst also giving us a fresh insight into TV production in the 1990s 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

LadyMuck

VIP Member
I don’t think people really care about coke habits though (for lack of a better phrase), not enough for her to keep him quiet in that sense or for him to hold it against her. I’ve known she does coke longer than the stuff about Phillip! It’s known and almost normalised that celebrities do drugs. People still love Ant or Dec (can’t remember which one it was) after what happened there and they’re family friendly too, it’s not right but majority of people just don’t bat an eyelid as such. To me it doesn’t seem that “big” of a thing to hold against her? I don’t know though. Perhaps it is.
I agree but still think it would be a massive thing that H wouldn't want coming out to shatter her portrayed golden girl goody goody image

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
Yes, but Holly et al are. And they have probably been told not to talk to him by the investigators.
They're talking about a text that was sent last week , when he resigned, there was no mention of any investigation untill literally only a few days ago .

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
The comments on the DM are sickening. Leave him alone, he's done nothing wrong, remember Caroline Flack.

He won't be back on This Morning but there seems to be a sense of leaving him to be now :mad: