Phillip Schofield #2 Alleged affair with This Morning runner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In a lot of ways I actually hope for other people afraid of coming out that Phillip Schofield is being truthful and there are no sordid revelations (wishful thinking at this stage maybe). Otherwise he has possibly made it worse not better for other celebrities in the same position. The horrible stereotype of a predatory older man forced to come clean for fear of being outed - so when others are thinking of coming out they maybe worried about the knowing looks and winks and the 'oh is he another Schofield'.

Reactions: 14
Losing the plot here 😂 to recap:-

- Philip Scofield has known Matthew McGreevy since at least 2014 when Philip Scofield was 52 and Matthew McGreevy 18 trying to get a big break
- Matthew McGreevy’s career seems to revolve around Philip Scofield shows
- PS openly gay to ITV staff
- SOMETHING happens
- Ruth puts in an official complaint against Philip Scofield
- Amanda Holden drops big hints
- Matthew McGreevy goes to work for Loose Women
-Piers Morgan drops big hints
- Philip Scofield does big TA-DA moment with a simpering sycophantic Holly
- Philip Scofield does interview with The Sun

Is that right or have I missed stuff? 🧐

Mod edit, changed acronyms to full names
Brave? Hero? Really Philip?... He's only done this before the real tit hits the fan- he's a gratuitous arse is what he is...no pun intended!

Reactions: 17
Although it doesn’t mean that he was grooming him or had any intent at that point. Just because he’s come out as gay, it doesn’t make him a child groomer. Obvs I may eat my words later down the line, but for now, he’s a gay man who had a relationship with a work colleague. Yes, his (very) junior, but still of consensual age nonetheless.

Cheryl Cole has done it (with the one direction fella) as had Caroline flack
for me it’s not just the age gap but the complete power imbalance - poor kid would be an inexperienced puppet on a string for Schofield. Flack and Cole were arguably on an equal status and career footing with their young partners.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He isn't gay he's bisexual, you're not telling me he was married for 27 years and never slept with her
Why doesn't he tell the truth and say he's fed up of his wife and wants to go off and explore other " avenues "

Reactions: 10
I don't think that being able to sleep with a woman means he isn't gay, as strange as that may seem. It happens a lot doesn't it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
for me it’s not just the age gap but the complete power imbalance - poor kid would be an inexperienced puppet on a string for Schofield. Flack and Cole were arguably on an equal status and career footing with their young partners.
I hear what you’re saying and always happy to be proven wrong.

Reactions: 2
Intetesred thread. My thoughts on this:
He didn't voluntarily come out. He must have been advised a story was breaking.
I don't think his wife has known for long. Perhaps suspected for years but i don't think she knew 100% until recently.
I think she will stay with him for a bit to try to help with the damage control. Not necessarily to help him but maybe more of a strategic decision as his earnings / future earning may be affected if bad press comes out which will factor into her divorce settlement. As a mother I am sure her focus is also protecting their daughters. She now has to accept that in the future she will be seeing her husband in a new relationship which will be all over the press. All her dreams of their future together have gone. This woman must be devastated. I just cannot believe he suddenly decided to come out. It's got rush job written all over it.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I wonder if employees like MM are on a fixed term contract, rather than being employed on an ongoing basis. Maybe someone who has knowledge of tv work might clarify. I imagine he is someone who ITV might like to see the back of at some point. Others in the workplace will not be pleased to read this weekend about how much help he has had. Trying to sell your story about one of their established stars won't help his career prospects within the company.
But the thing is everyone at ITV watched it happen with their own eyes so they wont be remotely surprised. Its only come out now because things must have turned sour between them. I dont think MM is the only one either. I believe there have been a few over the years.

Reactions: 5
It’s bloody disturbing that the media are not exposing the fact this young man was a child when PS first met him then got him to come down to London and took an interest in his ‘career’.....It would appear he took a lot more then just an interest! They need to get this out and sorted,it stinks of a cover up and they all look bad because of it, Holly explicitly asking if he was forced into the announcement and him saying No, first lie right there!!!! And the fact apparently all at This Morning knew about him, did they all know about MM as well then, or how young he was when PS first knew him. Sorry, imo he has been groomed! The fact PS is gay has no interest to me, great, good on him, the fact it would appear he has been outed and lied about it and by someone he took under his wing from a very young age is really really worrying. ( edit to say, I am not saying anything happened before the age of consent, however it is all very distasteful)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The guy is a snivelling little creep and that is not a comment on his sexual preferences. It’s a comment on him. I’m a member of the 🏳️‍🌈 community and there is nothing ‘brave’ or ‘inspiring’ about the way he has conducted himself. I expect all will be revealed in due course.

Reactions: 41
A couple of twitter pages have been terminated overnight, ones that of course had posts with thousands of likes on about all this and were regularly adding updates.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
It’s bloody disturbing that the media are not exposing the fact this young man was a child when PS first met him then got him to come down to London and took an interest in his ‘career’.....It would appear he took a lot more then just an interest! They need to get this out and sorted,it stinks of a cover up and they all look bad because of it, Holly explicitly asking if he was forced into the announcement and him saying No, first lie right there!!!! And the fact apparently all at This Morning knew about him, did they all know about MM as well then, or how young he was when PS first knew him. Sorry, imo he has been groomed! The fact PS is gay has no interest to me, great, good on him, the fact it would appear he has been outed and lied about it and by someone he took under his wing from a very young age is really really worrying.
I would love for a body language expert to give an opinion on that interview. To me, personally, it was completely staged, rehearsed and false. The cocky way that he said he wasn’t embarrassed to come out, showed that he was coming out to a group of people that already knew! He has worked in TV long enough now to know how to forget cameras are there. Then don’t get me started on all the pathetic, again staged, hugs at the end 🤢. And this picture......hmmm looks constipated more than pained!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Why is he being hailed a hero? Regardless of whether the rumours are true or not, being gay and coming out doesn't make you a hero. He wasn't the first and he will most certainly not be the last so why is everyone saying how brave etc he is? Read that DOI did an emotional tribute to him last night too? He's gay, not dead!

Reactions: 29
I don’t know if any of you have watched The Morning Show on Apple TV. Steve Carrell & Jennifer Aniston host said show & Carrell is sacked for sexual miscontent. Aniston & most of the staff knew what he was up to but are all trying to cover their arses & deny they were complicit. Sounds very familiar to what we are hearing now.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.