Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yoga really helps with my aches and pains… you don’t need anything fancy basically a lot of stretching out and mobility in those joints and muscle. I’ve found yoga helps getting to know your body over the years and how to help it. Movement is so important.

Hot baths with epsom’s salts/magnesium salts etc seem to help too.

I felt evening primrose oil helped with the restless legs type thing. i’m a bit wary of magnesium cos you can have too much of you have a good diet which mostly i do. I have taken it to help with sleep but not every day and only one capsule not two recommended.

Reactions: 3
Yoga really helps with my aches and pains… you don’t need anything fancy basically a lot of stretching out and mobility in those joints and muscle. I’ve found yoga helps getting to know your body over the years and how to help it. Movement is so important.

I felt evening primrose oil helped with the restless legs type thing. i’m a bit wary of magnesium cos you can have too much of you have a good diet which mostly i do. I have taken it to help with sleep but not every day and only one capsule not two recommended.
Thanks for this. I take evening primrose and magnesium but will definitely try the baths and yoga.

Reactions: 1

Too much magnesium is extremely rare tbh. You would have to be consuming an incredible amount of supplements to become toxic.
Just in case people get worried x

Reactions: 5
Sorry I wasn’t meaning it was deathly toxic. I was meaning i didn’t want to over supplement something i get in my diet. You can have too much of things we can buy easily.

I don’t think it hurts that people should be mindful of what supplements they take especially if they eat nutritionally well. With some supplements like menopace or a multivitamin you might be doubling up on them. At a time where we are developing symptoms and are anxious, different people are recommending lots of things that help then it’s worth keeping track.

I find yoga very difficult as I'm overweight. I swim regularly which is good for overall fitness. I need my joints oiled I think like the tin man in the wizard of Oz 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve been prescribed some Provera to help with irregular bleeding. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Urgh I’ve got my period a bit later than usual and right before I’m away for the weekend 😭

Going to give the Tranexamic Acid that I was prescribed in Nov 23 a go to try and stem the flow! I’d got really nice outfits planned and I’m going to have ti rethink in case of an accident!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Urgh I’ve got my period a bit later than usual and right before I’m away for the weekend 😭

Going to give the Tranexamic Acid that I was prescribed in Nov 23 a go to try and stem the flow! I’d got really nice outfits planned and I’m going to have ti rethink in case of an accident!
Isn’t this the worst?!

I go belt and braces with ModiBodi period pants but you still don’t want to wear something risky.

I think it’s great with women’s football teams staying in the media that white kits are problematic to play in that it’s being talked about openly.

Hope you have a fab getaway, even if in darker clothes!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@really_whythough
Thank you! I bought a really nice pair of white trousers yesterday, the sales assistant said ‘ooh, you’ll need to be careful with those on’.
I thought you don’t know the half of it love 🙄

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I went to the doctors today with my peri-meno woes, I suffering with pretty much the same symptoms as everyone else is going through on here, the list as long as my arm! I got myself all worked up before my app rehearsing what I was going to say and how to approach about wanting to go on HRT, I was dreading being fobbed off and not taken seriously, Imagine my surprise when after reeling off my woes, the doctor actually turned round and said “how would you feel about trying HRT” I was so relieved & happy,
I’ve booked another appointment to discuss it in more detail. Hopefully one step closer to feeling like me again and back in control of my body 😊🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so irritable. Not just my mood, my skin too, red itching and burning all over my face today.
IMG_0959.jpeg
One of my patches came off one afternoon and I forgot to replace it and since then I’ve been completely up the wall again. And I think I’ve gotten a worse batch of patches again as they’re just not sticking more than a day in the middle of them. My sleep last night was unusual. I normally have no waking registered at all so it’s really odd.

• Sad
I was refused HRT because I’m bleeding! I was prescribed Provera instead yet I’m experiencing every other symptom as every one else.

• Angry
I was refused HRT because I’m bleeding! I was prescribed Provera instead yet I’m experiencing every other symptom as every one else.
Do you mind me asking your age?

I’m 40 and still having monthly periods. They are painful and prolonged. The first gynaecologist appointment I had (at Guys Hospital in London) they prescribed exactly what I asked for on the spot and I started that day. You deserve the same if that’s what you want. Ask for a referral to a gynaecologist and don’t give up! Good luck. 🤍

Do you mind me asking your age?

I’m 40 and still having monthly periods. They are painful and prolonged. The first gynaecologist appointment I had (at Guys Hospital in London) they prescribed exactly what I asked for on the spot and I started that day. You deserve the same if that’s what you want. Ask for a referral to a gynaecologist and don’t give up! Good luck. 🤍
I’m 44. My periods have gone really erratic. I’ll miss one occasionally then have a normal actually quite good one, then I’ll have a horrendous one where I’m changing every 20 minutes with massive clots or I’ll have a fine 3 day bleed.

I was referred to a gyne last year and after all sorts of tests……blood, smears, ultrasound and internal cameras he decided that he wasn’t worried and left me with an open appointment. That appointment closed about 3 weeks before I tried to call him.

My mum was a few years younger than me when she experienced exactly what I am and had to have a hysterectomy and hrt etc.

I’ve been re referred to the gynaecologist but it’s a long waiting list

• Angry
I’m so sorry to hear some of you are struggling to get hrt prescribed. I wouldn’t give up, keep pushing for it. It seems that some clinicians don’t recognise that a whole range of symptoms scream peri menopause. My periods last a day or 2 but as I’ve mentioned before my rage and anxiety was off the scale.

I am now on week 2 of Evorel Sequi patches and I definitely feel the difference. Aches and pains have definitely improved and I don’t feel as anxious or have the horrid anger. (I know they say it can take up to 3 months to feel any different but it differs from person to person and I’ve always reacted quickly to any meds proscribed).
The patches are a bit of a pain in the arse though and don’t always stay on. I’m going to try another part of my thigh today. I mentioned this issue to the pharmacist yesterday and he said it’s very common that the patches come off. The gel and tablet treatment is highly recommended so I may try that once I’ve used all the patches.
I haven’t told many people I'm on hrt as I’ve found the general opinion to be quite negative!
I do feel very fortunate that my GP surgery are very proactive in regards to prescribing hrt so that can only be a good thing!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend x

Reactions: 4
This was very interesting and seems to be part of a series about her journey through menopause:

ETA She mentions that her patches are a lot smaller in size now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
45 and just started on Lenzetto Spray (super easy to use and dries super quick) and Utrogestan tablets, as I refuse to have the coil.

I have a vast list of symptoms, but to start with, I'm hoping it helps my debilitating anxiety, constant sense of doom and depression and also gives me my libido back.

Reactions: 3
They should definitely not be making you wait @MrsM79. Have you looked at the Balance+ app? It helps get together a log of symptoms and you can learn more about what to ask for. I knew I wanted BODY identical patches (bio identical is different) and same as @Brian Butterfield I didn’t want a mirena coil so got Utrogestan tablets. The estriol cream and applicator gave me terrible itching so I’ve stopped that but the rest all good.

Anxiety and teariness down by about 80% straight from the off. Period this month seems a normal length (rather than 9+ days) and lighter.

My monthly migraine didn’t cause the usual 5-7 days of brain fog and lying down in a dark room. That in itself is life changing for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4