Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A place to discuss perimenopause and all the issues that come with our Second Spring!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My Brain fog is getting worse, any tips how to
Improve this
Rehydration tablets help a bit, I’m already on hrt but being dehydrated makes you a bit spacey. I drink tons of water but I’m generally rushing about and sweating, so I think I lose a lot of minerals.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m on my period AGAIN, can’t sleep (been over a week now where I just can’t sleep at night), aching all over (osteoarthritis), and just miserable as my anxiety is back through the roof even though I’m on meds for it.
I’m on cocodamol for the pain but that makes me constipated so giving them a wide berth for now.

Isn’t it just tit being a woman sometimes…and I’m not even 50 yet

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Following on from the last thread - the antihistamine thing is interesting- I'm much less moody than I used to be and I'm sure it's since I've been taken daily antihistamine to help with my dry , irritated eyes.

Reactions: 10
Would antihistamines help with itchy skin if I’m not having periods? (Due to the mini pill)

Reactions: 2
Following on from the last thread - the antihistamine thing is interesting- I'm much less moody than I used to be and I'm sure it's since I've been taken daily antihistamine to help with my dry , irritated eyes.
Think I’ll try those, I have dry eyes and itchy skin at times too

Proper insomnia for me at the mo, took melatonin gummies earlier, after only getting 3 hours sleep last night. Fell asleep quickly, wonderful…
Woke up 2 and 3/4 hours later 😩
It’s gonna be a long night 😔

Reactions: 1
Think I’ll try those, I have dry eyes and itchy skin at times too

Proper insomnia for me at the mo, took melatonin gummies earlier, after only getting 3 hours sleep last night. Fell asleep quickly, wonderful…
Woke up 2 and 3/4 hours later 😩
It’s gonna be a long night 😔
If you get some phenergan it would help your sleep too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Question for you ladies, when I hear of people, women I suppose, having "bloods done/bloods checked" what exactly are they getting checked?

I know you can't diagnose peri or menopause by a blood test so is it to check cholesterol or what?

Thanks in advance.

Question for you ladies, when I hear of people, women I suppose, having "bloods done/bloods checked" what exactly are they getting checked?

I know you can't diagnose peri or menopause by a blood test so is it to check cholesterol or what?

Thanks in advance.
It can mean any number of loads of things (and there are SO many) you just have to go by context and make a best guess or ask them

It can mean any number of loads of things (and there are SO many) you just have to go by context and make a best guess or ask them
But having bloods "checked", what are they checking for?
---
I'm asking as I've never had my bloods "checked" and wonder if I need to. That's all really.

Thanks in advance.
I had a full blood count done when I started with peri symptoms. They check everything to see if it could be down to things such as iron levels, thyroid, cholesterol etc x

It's a good idea to get some routine bloods done - an FBC - as it can give you a good overall picture of your general health, and pick up on issues as those previously mentioned. It also incudes blood glucose, liver and kidney profile and bone profile.

A test is available for fsh , high levels can indicate being menopausal. I think this is the one that's not recommended as the levels can fluctuate so so much. Maybe that's what people mean when they refer to tests

I had mine done as a lot of the symptoms I had you can also have with an underactive thyroid, so before starting HRT I wanted to check.

Reactions: 3
I'm in my fifties and was back and forth to the GP for months with many symptoms that are associated with menopause, was told my hormone levels were excellent "for my age" and eventually ended up on thyroid medication.

Reactions: 3