Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 41 and have the worst itchy skin, it’s like prickles and really spotty. It’s worst on my arms and legs. My face is occasionally dry, odd spots but have a good skincare routine so always settles quickly but nothing seems to help my body. Taking antihistamines for hay fever and these help for a short time but once it’s worn off I’m literally tearing my skin. Any advice? I have Epsom salt baths and a shower gel. Also use Tropic original body pebble. Various other moans about symptoms but this is the worst as I can’t get prolonged relief 😭

Have you tried porridge oats in your bath? Really good for itching. Fill a muslin cloth/ nice big clean sock(?) with oats and put it in your bath squeezing out the silkiness that stops itching. I think I recently saw a moisturiser product with oats in, possibly Aveene?

Reactions: 2
I’m 41 and have the worst itchy skin, it’s like prickles and really spotty. It’s worst on my arms and legs. My face is occasionally dry, odd spots but have a good skincare routine so always settles quickly but nothing seems to help my body. Taking antihistamines for hay fever and these help for a short time but once it’s worn off I’m literally tearing my skin. Any advice? I have Epsom salt baths and a shower gel. Also use Tropic original body pebble. Various other moans about symptoms but this is the worst as I can’t get prolonged relief 😭
I had friends who went on HRT and it stopped for them.

Reactions: 1
Back with an update on my skin woes! I stopped using the zitsticka sun cream, as it seemed it all started with that when I thought hard about it. I thought I might feel better, it at least stopped getting worse, began using kiehls moisturiser again and that helped a lot and the final thing has been wash my face with noxzema. My face is so much less red using the noxzema now and it’s not at all dry after washing. Just sharing in case anyone wants to give the noxzema a go. I looked up some reviews and they also said it helped with rosacea (I don’t have rosacea) and reduced redness so it’s not just me. It might not be for everyone as it’s very eucalyptus-y, but I like that

Reactions: 5
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Anyone tried Testosterone? I'm am nearly 2 years using HRT, full dosage and still don't feel like me. Still got brain fog, no motivation, fatigue and despite eating healthy I'm putting on weight around my stomach.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Anyone tried Testosterone? I'm am nearly 2 years using HRT, full dosage and still don't feel like me. Still got brain fog, no motivation, fatigue and despite eating healthy I'm putting on weight around my stomach.
I haven’t yet but I would/will. Is there a reason you haven’t? It was suggested to me but I think we were waiting to see how the Evorel/utrogestan were tolerated first.

Eugh, has anyone noticed a massive appetite increase when they started HRT?

I've been desperately trying to lose weight this year, and now I feel like I'm putting it all back on. I'm so bloated as well. Horrid.
---
I feel exactly the same as you on all fronts *sends hugs*.

I asked about testosterone as I have zero sex drive now and was hoping it may help. My GP said that we need to get my estrogen levels up a bit first before we look at that. Since you've been on HRT for two years, I'm sure you could explore this option further.

Reactions: 3
Yes I’ll on it. I love the stuff, probably makes the most difference in terms of how I feel.
I originally got it on private prescription then went to NHS and asked for it which they were ok with. It helps with brain fog plus energy.

Reactions: 4
Yes it’s magic. Gave me back my zest for life. Get on it!
---
Has anyone had any problems with their eyesight? X
I need glasses to read now which I never did before. I have noticed a sudden deterioration.

Yes it’s magic. Gave me back my zest for life. Get on it!
---
We have a menopause Dr at our surgery, which I didn't know about. So been advised to make an appointment with her, which isn't until July!!
Not sure if it's worth waiting or go private.

Reactions: 1
I’m so fuzzy headed today from only 32 mins deep sleep that I just poured cous cous neatly into the RICE jar, I tried sifting it but it was no use and have had to throw it away.
---
We have a menopause Dr at our surgery, which I didn't know about. So been advised to make an appointment with her, which isn't until July!!
Do it. July really isn’t that far off.

Keep really detailed notes and dates of symptoms and cycle in the meantime.

I’m also doing a LOT of crying (not just cos of peri). Really glad a treated myself to Gucci mascara, it doesn’t drip down your cheeks. Recommend. 🥲

• Heart