Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nurseali

VIP Member
My anxiety started with my driving. I have never been an anxious driver but would suddenly get intrusive thoughts I had forgotten how to drive or I was lost or my lights weren't working. I started hating driving.
Then it was work. I also work in a hospital ( hence the total shit name I wish tattle would let us change)
I suddenly started panicking whilst injecting someone that I had drawn up the wrong drug, felt anxious I couldn't remember what basic meds were for. We often get moved to other wards for staffing reasons and I completely flipped one day and just went home instead of the other ward.
Everyone thought I had lost the plot as did I.
I started HRT and also exercise regularly , slowly I feel more me again.

Sorry for the bloody essay 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 16

ScotLass81

I hope no one minds me joining in. I'm 43 and been having symptoms since I was 39 but no health professional I have seen will take me seriously enough to even do any tests and keep telling me I'm too young.

I know it's not an exact science but my Mum went in to peri at 36 and menopause at 46.

I'm struggling with various things and have a(nother) doctors appointment next week. Hopefully this time someone will listen!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

HappyLife40

I went to the doctors today with my peri-meno woes, I suffering with pretty much the same symptoms as everyone else is going through on here, the list as long as my arm! I got myself all worked up before my app rehearsing what I was going to say and how to approach about wanting to go on HRT, I was dreading being fobbed off and not taken seriously, Imagine my surprise when after reeling off my woes, the doctor actually turned round and said “how would you feel about trying HRT” I was so relieved & happy,
I’ve booked another appointment to discuss it in more detail. Hopefully one step closer to feeling like me again and back in control of my body 😊🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Following on from the last thread - the antihistamine thing is interesting- I'm much less moody than I used to be and I'm sure it's since I've been taken daily antihistamine to help with my dry , irritated eyes.

Reactions: 10

SharkAttack

VIP Member
I felt constantly worried. Still do to a degree. For example as I walk down the stairs I think OMG what if I fell and broke my hip? Every news story I think god imagine if that happened to my children, I couldn’t cope. To a worse degree than previously. I also felt panicky having to do presentations at work which didn’t bother me before.

I also felt very low whereas normally I am a cheerful optimist.

HRT definitely helped a lot with the mood. I stopped feeling low, and the anxiety got much better.

• Heart

Anotherdayanotherwalk

It’s just bandwagon jumping and feels so belittling for some reason,
I think you're right. I think the reason it feels belittling is that because it's a women's issue medical research (like all other things specifically related to the female body) is much more limited die to the bias towards the male body. This means the only broader interest in the menopause is from those who wish to exploit women at a vulnerable stage in their lives and extract money from them. Every "expert" or "spokesperson" is shilling something so it all feels very disingenuous. I imagine it must be similar to living in the US where every element of healthcare has been monetised!

• Heart

Louby@21

Chatty Member
What amazes me is how women have just kept quiet and cracked for forever about the symptoms of this and just accepted it. So many older women shrug off what we are now all talking about. We didn’t need HRT we just got on with it. All a fuss about nothing etc etc. Why should we just put up with it? some people have terrible times. It’s not over medicalising a natural state it’s medicalising unbearable symptoms!

I have a friend whose mum has told her not to go on HRT despite shitty symptoms cos it causes cancer 🙄 but she drinks alcohol happily . That will always be more a risk than well researched low risk body identical HRT. Each to their own with HRT. i’m not using it… yet. But we shouldn’t be sharing false info on it.

• Heart

Retro80s

VIP Member
I’m on my period AGAIN, can’t sleep (been over a week now where I just can’t sleep at night), aching all over (osteoarthritis), and just miserable as my anxiety is back through the roof even though I’m on meds for it.
I’m on cocodamol for the pain but that makes me constipated so giving them a wide berth for now.

Isn’t it just shit being a woman sometimes…and I’m not even 50 yet

• Heart

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
I’m glad I found this thread but sorry so many are struggling 🙁 I haven’t had a period in 3 months now. Last year I skipped a couple but it came back, now nothing. I’m only 39 😢 I feel like complete shit - my moods are so up and down, I get so annoyed and irrational. My sleep is awful, always so light and I wake up all the time. I have been to the dr who is just obsessed with the coil which I really don’t want. What do I do? I’m finding it so hard, I don’t know who I am anymore.
I’m also scared that even if I get offered HRT that I will put weight on. I have major body issues and an eating disorder which I’m sure isn’t helping things. I intermittent fast which I have read messes your hormones up but I’m so trapped in this eating hell I don’t know what is peri and what is something else.
Really wish there could just be a simple test to tell you what’s going on. If men had this to deal with, I’m sure one would have been created by now!

Sorry to rant. Feel so down and don’t know where to turn.

• Heart

really_whythough

Chatty Member
I’m glad I found this thread but sorry so many are struggling 🙁 I haven’t had a period in 3 months now. Last year I skipped a couple but it came back, now nothing. I’m only 39 😢 I feel like complete shit - my moods are so up and down, I get so annoyed and irrational. My sleep is awful, always so light and I wake up all the time. I have been to the dr who is just obsessed with the coil which I really don’t want. What do I do? I’m finding it so hard, I don’t know who I am anymore.
I’m also scared that even if I get offered HRT that I will put weight on. I have major body issues and an eating disorder which I’m sure isn’t helping things. I intermittent fast which I have read messes your hormones up but I’m so trapped in this eating hell I don’t know what is peri and what is something else.
Really wish there could just be a simple test to tell you what’s going on. If men had this to deal with, I’m sure one would have been created by now!

Sorry to rant. Feel so down and don’t know where to turn.
Oh I’m so sorry to hear you are going through that. My GP basically didn’t want to know while I was still 39. I finally got referred after I was 40 and still reporting symptoms.

My advice would be keep a thorough record of everything you are experiencing, including moods and your eating issues. Take it to your GP and flat out ask to be referred to a Gynaecologist who can take it further for you.

I was prescribed HRT (evorel patches and utrogestan tablets) there and then after seeing a Gynaecologist just a month ago and listing my symptoms and reeling off my last 10-12 months of cycles (regular but prolonged periods). I didn’t want the coil either and it wasn’t an issue.

I’d say perhaps reach out about your eating patterns too as it seems to be distressing you a bit. Try and think of perimenopause as a really important time to listen to your body and what it needs; things are changing and we’re going have to roll with it!

Good luck and check in here for help any time!

Reactions: 8

Louby@21

Chatty Member
My anxiety wakes me up with my heart racing.
I over think and worry about everything
I imagine scenarios that might or could happen…. negative mostly
I can’t sleep or i wake up a few hours later and instantly feel anxious.
It makes me irritable and snappy.( hormones prob)
i can have ‘attacks’ where it physically gets me so like heart racing, hot, nausea, etc.

I never was like this before the pandemic. i work in a hospital so thought it was that. But now i think it may have been early peri. It’s not all the time but it’s a constant int he background now in my life. I don’t take anything but sometimes Kalms. It does get worse with sleep and insomnia.

So like i’ve said before on this thread. i’m a big believer of helping myself and my body so i find exercise really help me, cardio. i do spin and i walk. i also do yoga which probably helps it’s too. I eat a healthy diet and have regular bedtimes etc to try and help. Not perfect btw! Wouldn’t oppose HRT if things get worse.
---
I felt constantly worried. Still do to a degree. For example as I walk down the stairs I think OMG what if I fell and broke my hip? Every news story I think god imagine if that happened to my children, I couldn’t cope. To a worse degree than previously. I also felt panicky having to do presentations at work which didn’t bother me before.

I also felt very low whereas normally I am a cheerful optimist.

HRT definitely helped a lot with the mood. I stopped feeling low, and the anxiety got much better.

This is me! always seem to think of the worst that can happen. was never that person before. What if my dad falls over, what if that car crashes into us, what if i get i’ll before the holiday……

• Heart

Shoegal17

VIP Member
I can recommend brown noise for helping to drift back to sleep. It’s like white noise but a different frequency, it’s good for stopping your mind wondering off and opening 15 new thought tabs when your trying to get back to sleep 🤪

• Haha

Nurseali

VIP Member
I hope no one minds me joining in. I'm 43 and been having symptoms since I was 39 but no health professional I have seen will take me seriously enough to even do any tests and keep telling me I'm too young.

I know it's not an exact science but my Mum went in to peri at 36 and menopause at 46.

I'm struggling with various things and have a(nother) doctors appointment next week. Hopefully this time someone will listen!
Hi and welcome 🤗

I was prescribed HRT a few months ago and it's been life changing. I actually cried when the doctor on the phone agreed to prescribe HRT for me. I expected a battle.

I made a list of every symptom. From erratic periods to itchy skin to brain fog, sleep. Chuck everything at them and don't let them fob you off with antidepressants. They did this with me last year even though I knew I wasn't depressed.
It's so sad we have to fight like this
---
FB_IMG_1713470513665.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart

SharkAttack

VIP Member
I also find podcasts are like being hit over the head - I’m asleep within ten minutes max 99pc of the time (not when I’ve drunk a lot of wine).

It’s funny the anxiety and low mood, because conversely, I’m happier than ever. I realise I have so many amazing things in my life: husband and good strong marriage, children (and great relationships with them), friends, job, house. It’s as if I’m just realising all of this and am suddenly gripped by the fear of losing it all.

So in another way, this is the best time of life as I feel (generally) content (awful word), I have the time and money (just about) to enjoy them, and I’m proud of what I’ve built over the last 20 years.

I think every stage of life has its shit bits. The trick is to recognise and enjoy the good bits as often as you can.

• Heart

Nurseali

VIP Member
I am still unclear about it reducing the risk of you getting dementia. Some studies show it increases the risk , others that it reduces.

It certainly reduces the risk of you getting osteoporosis, that is very well researched.
All I know personally is it made me enjoy life more and feel me again today. So if future me has dementia at least I had 20 years + being happy and not depressed , anxious and angry.

• Heart

Nurseali

VIP Member
A place to discuss perimenopause and all the issues that come with our Second Spring!

• Heart

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
I had to reschedule my drs appointment to discuss my menopause stuff and it’s another months wait for an appointment 😩 (I cancelled with four days notice btw, not wasting appointments by cancelling last minute and was beyond my control). I feel so down.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

MrsM79

Chatty Member
So after a 4 week messy bleed (not an actual period just like the end of a period) I had 2 weeks of nothing and now I’ve started bleeding again but really really heavy but had no symptoms. No cramps, no sore boobs nothing, no signs at all. This is driving me crazy now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7