Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really feel for those of you who’ve had a rough time asking for
Hrt, I was amazed how easy it was at my surgery at the time. It really should be like that for everyone. I didn’t get blood tests or anything. I just asked for
Hrt, had a phone chat, they asked what I wanted to try and that was it. I’ve been very lucky I see now.
This is what happened to me, my friend was in car whilst on was on phone to GP. She said she couldn't believe how bleeping easy it was with my GP. Hers is giving her the run around.
Has anyone else signed up for the HRT PPC?

Reactions: 3
This is what happened to me, my friend was in car whilst on was on phone to GP. She said she couldn't believe how bleeping easy it was with my GP. Hers is giving her the run around.
Has anyone else signed up for the HRT PPC?

I usually buy a regular pre-payment certificate so HRT is currently covered under that. They gave me 3 months worth so if I re-request in the next couple of weeks I might get 6 months covered for no extra. The HRT one is impressively cheap though so could just get it so timing isn’t a concern.

Reactions: 3
I usually buy a regular pre-payment certificate so HRT is currently covered under that. They gave me 3 months worth so if I re-request in the next couple of weeks I might get 6 months covered for no extra. The HRT one is impressively cheap though so could just get it so timing isn’t a concern.
Same here, if I didn’t have that I would have applied for it.

Does anyone take the Evorel patches? And if you do, did you feel shite at the beginning? I'm getting constant nausea & odd headache. I'm only on day 5 of taking them!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Does anyone take the Evorel patches? And if you do, did you feel shite at the beginning? I'm getting constant nausea & odd headache. I'm only on day 5 of taking them!

I’m on Evorel 50 and haven’t noticed any unpleasant side effects. Def talk to your doctor!

I’m on Evorel 50 and haven’t noticed any unpleasant side effects. Def talk to your doctor!
How long have you been taking them?

When I started, and when I increase the dose I get 1-2 days of nausea and headaches but fades. If your situation has been going on for longer then speak to your Dr.

I had patches, has no issues, might be worth picking up with the doctor or giving it more time.

How long have you been taking them?

When I started, and when I increase the dose I get 1-2 days of nausea and headaches but fades. If your situation has been going on for longer then speak to your Dr.
It's been 5 days, I'm now on second patch. It doesn't help that there is covid in the house, I'm testing negative though
---
I had patches, has no issues, might be worth picking up with the doctor or giving it more time.
If I still feel like this next week, I will advise Dr.

Just wondering why people are so against having the Mirena coil fitted.
I had it fitted under a general, and it solved all my problems.
Up to that I had periods lasting 3 weeks. Granted I had it under private health care, which I had via my company.

It's been a while since I posted.

I had my GP appointment and she's happy to prescribe HRT but I need to have a womb and ovary scan done first so just waiting on that appointment.

New symptom - absolutely insatiable hunger! I'm not sure how to deal with it as I used to be 21st 8lbs I'm now 10st 1lb and I really don't want to start creeping up again. I eat 1600-1700 calories to maintain my weight and I was always full on that but suddenly I just want to eat constantly. Any ideas?

Edited to add I'm gluten intolerant and vegetarian

Yes I do. Only side effect was the stopping of hot flashes and night sweats. ETA: .I’m on 50 patches I think. Was the first dose. Never upped from then.

Reactions: 4
Up to that I had periods lasting 3 weeks. Granted I had it under private health care, which I had via my company.
They don’t do it under general where I am. Friends have had it and it has been the most horrific experience for them getting it fitted, one couldn’t walk properly after as she was in so much pain.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

I had my GP appointment and she's happy to prescribe HRT but I need to have a womb and ovary scan done first so just waiting on that appointment.

New symptom - absolutely insatiable hunger! I'm not sure how to deal with it as I used to be 21st 8lbs I'm now 10st 1lb and I really don't want to start creeping up again. I eat 1600-1700 calories to maintain my weight and I was always full on that but suddenly I just want to eat constantly. Any ideas?

Try to fill up on protein and fibre rich veggies as much as you can. Eggs for breakfast really keep you full until lunch and reduce sugar spikes. Hope that helps!

may I ask why the doc wants a scan done before HRT? is that common thing to have done before prescribing?

Eggs is a good shout something like scrambled eggs I would be able to do (I'm a full time carer so not much spare time and energy!)

I'm having bleeding between periods some months so GP just wanted to check everything is OK before prescribing.

I have never been offered it!
I’m not against it just don’t let much about it.

Wow, that weight loss is incredible - congrats! Why do you need a womb and ovary scan before being prescribed HRT? I've never heard of that before.

Wow, that weight loss is incredible - congrats! Why do you need a womb and ovary scan before being prescribed HRT? I've never heard of that before.
Thank you - it was a lot of hard work!

I'm having bleeding between periods some months so the scan is just to check everything is OK.

Because with the first one they gave me (I was 24) they gave me an infection and it took 45 mins of agony putting it in, and after three months of non stop bleeding and stabbing pains,got it taken out. The second (at 34) gave me months of medium-light bleeding and huge weight gain, when the bleeding slowed down I got menopause symptoms and horrendous pmt before the non existent period. Got it out. Dropped 19lb in that first month. I’d never do it again. Progesterone is not good for me. So the effect on every user will be different.

Because with the first one they gave me (I was 24) they gave me an infection and it took 45 mins of agony putting it in, and after three months of non stop bleeding and stabbing pains,got it taken out. The second (at 34) gave me months of medium-light bleeding and huge weight gain, when the bleeding slowed down I got menopause symptoms and horrendous pmt before the non existent period. Got it out. Dropped 19lb in that first month. I’d never do it again. Progesterone is not good for me. So the effect on every user will be different.
It really scares me the thought of having something in your body, especially that area, that can control you in a sense and you need someone to medically take it out to stop/reverse whatever it is doing. Maybe I’m completely weird thinking this! But also another reason I have never wanted it.
At least with gels and tablets, you are more in control

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It really scares me the thought of having something in your body, especially that area, that can control you in a sense and you need someone to medically take it out to stop/reverse whatever it is doing. Maybe I’m completely weird thinking this! But also another reason I have never wanted it.
At least with gels and tablets, you are more in control
It’s not weird at all. Those contraceptive implants scare me! At least you could probably pull a mirena out yourself if desperate. I’d draw the line at cutting my arm open though.