Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any decent remedies for bloating please? I actually look pregnant today 😳 I'm in the middle of an horrific period too which doesn't help but the bloating is really getting me down! I'm around 6 months into Perimenopause I think 😟
Pineapple juice helped me, and I’ve been taking digestive enzymes again.
---
I am having awful bloating too, getting very self conscious about it
I was looking about 8m pregnant some days, I sympathise.

Reactions: 2
This was interesting. I've messaged someone who uses Nizoral. I'm interested to try her tip re front hair loss as I seem to be going thin there.

My irregular bleeding is heavier today , I'm almost wondering if I'm having an extra period.

I was considering a merinacoil , but I'm worried in case I'm one of those who bleed all the time on it .

My irregular bleeding is heavier today , I'm almost wondering if I'm having an extra period.

I was considering a merinacoil , but I'm worried in case I'm one of those who bleed all the time on it .
How have you responded to progesterone in the past? I’ve had mirena twice and it was hell both times.

How have you responded to progesterone in the past? I’ve had mirena twice and it was hell both times.
Not really sure . I've been on the combined pill in the past and I was OK on that .

I've heard it's sometimes difficult to get an appointment to get a coil taken put.

When I had the mirena I spotted all the time. Was worse than having normal periods because at least they didn’t last as long even though they were heavier! Plus with just spotting I couldn’t wear a tampon and I hate towels so that was a pain.

Mine coil came out and I didn’t want another. My periods aren’t as heavy now thank god but my cycle is still all over the place.

Reactions: 1
Watched this last night. She mentions Castor oil for bloating after showing how to dress a bloated belly.

• Heart
When I had the mirena I spotted all the time. Was worse than having normal periods because at least they didn’t last as long even though they were heavier! Plus with just spotting I couldn’t wear a tampon and I hate towels so that was a pain.

Mine coil came out and I didn’t want another. My periods aren’t as heavy now thank god but my cycle is still all over the place.
I seem to be spotting most days as it is. I'm wondering if some of my irritation is caused by wearing pads so frequently.

Just found out that my open appointment with the Gynaecologist has been closed. I’m in a state now. I’ve never experienced bleeding this heavily and the size of the clots!!!!! I’m flooding heavy flow tampons in 20 minutes.

I have a phone consult with my GP next week but he’s absolutely shocking and just hurries you on the phone. He’ll probably just order my blood and then text me my results stating that there’s nothing wrong!

• Sad
Just found out that my open appointment with the Gynaecologist has been closed. I’m in a state now. I’ve never experienced bleeding this heavily and the size of the clots!!!!! I’m flooding heavy flow tampons in 20 minutes.

I have a phone consult with my GP next week but he’s absolutely shocking and just hurries you on the phone. He’ll probably just order my blood and then text me my results stating that there’s nothing wrong!
I had this in mid 40s and went on work health insurance to a gynae who gave me a Mirena and that was that. Miracle cure. It also cured my horrific tiredness due to all the blood loss.

I am so sorry you're going through this - it is awful.

• Heart
Evening all. I started on the patch today. I feel a bit out of sorts, a couple of side effects, but I’m determined to give it a go. Nothing can be as bad as the crippling anxiety and anger!

Evening all. I started on the patch today. I feel a bit out of sorts, a couple of side effects, but I’m determined to give it a go. Nothing can be as bad as the crippling anxiety and anger!
Took me about 6 weeks for the symptoms to settle. I had diarrhoea initially and then I bled a lot but now can say it's the best thing I ever did.
Anxiety is the worst isn't it so I really hope you find they help. If not there are so many options now it's a case of trying till you find your sweet spot

Took me about 6 weeks for the symptoms to settle. I had diarrhoea initially and then I bled a lot but now can say it's the best thing I ever did.
Anxiety is the worst isn't it so I really hope you find they help. If not there are so many options now it's a case of trying till you find your sweet spot
I’m glad I have other options that’s for sure!
I’m definitely sticking with it for the moment though. You have to give things a chance don’t you? My anxiety was honestly frightening me so I hope I notice a difference

Last edited:
You know when people say anxiety? What do you all mean?
Is it over little things?or like a loss of confidence?
I'm trying to figure out if I'm being anxious because it's my nature to be quite anxious, or if its my peri.

You know when people say anxiety? What do you all mean?
Is it over little things?or like a loss of confidence?
I'm trying to figure out if I'm being anxious because it's my nature to be quite anxious, or if its my peri.
I’ve always suffered with anxiety tbh but I managed. I went through an absolutely horrific divorce and it pushed me to the edge but somehow I kept going and got through it. That settled down 6 months ago when everything was done and dusted but the past 6 weeks or so the anxiety came back with a vengeance. A very low mood too. I couldn’t pull myself back up and I was genuinely scared about how I felt. I can’t even pinpoint what caused the anxiety which tbh made it worse

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve always suffered with anxiety tbh but I managed. I went through an absolutely horrific divorce and it pushed me to the edge but somehow I kept going and got through it. That settled down 6 months ago when everything was done and dusted but the past 6 weeks or so the anxiety came back with a vengeance. A very low mood too. I couldn’t pull myself back up and I was genuinely scared about how I felt. I can’t even pinpoint what caused the anxiety which tbh made it worse
Thanks for sharing this and I'm so sorry you've had such a tough time. Sending you big hugs! Like us women don't have enough to go through hey?
I'm starting to wonder if this time my anxiety is different, and that its peri causing it. I just feel like I'm in a constant state of anxiety atm. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I felt constantly worried. Still do to a degree. For example as I walk down the stairs I think OMG what if I fell and broke my hip? Every news story I think god imagine if that happened to my children, I couldn’t cope. To a worse degree than previously. I also felt panicky having to do presentations at work which didn’t bother me before.

I also felt very low whereas normally I am a cheerful optimist.

HRT definitely helped a lot with the mood. I stopped feeling low, and the anxiety got much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My anxiety wakes me up with my heart racing.
I over think and worry about everything
I imagine scenarios that might or could happen…. negative mostly
I can’t sleep or i wake up a few hours later and instantly feel anxious.
It makes me irritable and snappy.( hormones prob)
i can have ‘attacks’ where it physically gets me so like heart racing, hot, nausea, etc.

I never was like this before the pandemic. i work in a hospital so thought it was that. But now i think it may have been early peri. It’s not all the time but it’s a constant int he background now in my life. I don’t take anything but sometimes Kalms. It does get worse with sleep and insomnia.

So like i’ve said before on this thread. i’m a big believer of helping myself and my body so i find exercise really help me, cardio. i do spin and i walk. i also do yoga which probably helps it’s too. I eat a healthy diet and have regular bedtimes etc to try and help. Not perfect btw! Wouldn’t oppose HRT if things get worse.
---
I felt constantly worried. Still do to a degree. For example as I walk down the stairs I think OMG what if I fell and broke my hip? Every news story I think god imagine if that happened to my children, I couldn’t cope. To a worse degree than previously. I also felt panicky having to do presentations at work which didn’t bother me before.

I also felt very low whereas normally I am a cheerful optimist.

HRT definitely helped a lot with the mood. I stopped feeling low, and the anxiety got much better.

This is me! always seem to think of the worst that can happen. was never that person before. What if my dad falls over, what if that car crashes into us, what if i get i’ll before the holiday……

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My anxiety wakes me up with my heart racing.
I over think and worry about everything
I imagine scenarios that might or could happen…. negative mostly
I can’t sleep or i wake up a few hours later and instantly feel anxious.
It makes me irritable and snappy.( hormones prob)
i can have ‘attacks’ where it physically gets me so like heart racing, hot, nausea, etc.

I never was like this before the pandemic. i work in a hospital so thought it was that. But now i think it may have been early peri. It’s not all the time but it’s a constant int he background now in my life. I don’t take anything but sometimes Kalms. It does get worse with sleep and insomnia.

So like i’ve said before on this thread. i’m a big believer of helping myself and my body so i find exercise really help me, cardio. i do spin and i walk. i also do yoga which probably helps it’s too. I eat a healthy diet and have regular bedtimes etc to try and help. Not perfect btw! Wouldn’t oppose HRT if things get worse.
---

This is me! always seem to think of the worst that can happen. was never that person before. What if my dad falls over, what if that car crashes into us, what if i get i’ll before the holiday……
Don’t know how bold on my phone but your last paragraph got me - I have every one of those egs you listed. Awful isn’t it!

I agree that exercise really helps. I am the fittest I’ve ever been as running or going to the gym or swimming all just provide a break from the worry and lift my mood for the rest of the day.

(Typing on phone on the machine at the gym!)

ETA cooking, reading and walking the dog also help a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yeah i really love walking. No dog but just walks in nature outside and out and about really help my mood.