Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go see a chiropractor as well. You’ll be amazed how much is related to your spine. High cortisol is a peri menopause sign and for those trying to get rid of that stubborn tummy fat it works! Also helps with sleep and other symptoms.

Reactions: 1
Hi @Louby@21 have you tried 5htp? I have a stock of them in bedside drawer - they're totally natural (but check they don't interfere with any meds just in case). I find if I wake up at 3 or 4am (which TBH is rare these days as I seem to have my symptoms under control) I take one and they pretty much knock me out. I've found that's better than taking one to get me to sleep earlier in the evening, which is not my problem.

I would also maybe cut the caffeine down earlier in the day if you're having trouble sleeping...
What is 5htp please? I've tried so many sleep aids and nothing has worked but I've not heard of that one. I'm off to Google it...

Thanks for all the advice guys. Some i’ve already tried over the years others i’ll look into when i’m a day off.

GP offered me hrt yesterday as my moods, mainly anxiety, are through the roof. I’ll try anything at this point but I am a bit nervous about trying it. Has anyone tried it?

*edited to add my periods last 1/2 days (used to be 5) so my moods aren’t the only reason she suggested HRT

Reactions: 2
I am on evorel conti and noticed a difference within a month.
The only side effects is I bled for two weeks the first month and then another bleed 10 days later but the benefits outweighed the bleed.
My energy still isn't where I was but I can see improvements.
My brain fog and anxiety have improved a lot. My moods are more stable, I was never angry but things that wouldn't usually bother me were starting to.

Hope you find they work. I would say give it three months then assess.

GP offered me hrt yesterday as my moods, mainly anxiety, are through the roof. I’ll try anything at this point but I am a bit nervous about trying it. Has anyone tried it?

*edited to add my periods last 1/2 days (used to be 5) so my moods aren’t the only reason she suggested HRT
My doctor has said I can have it too but I've not as yet. I've the coil in too. What form have you been offered?

My doctor has said I can have it too but I've not as yet. I've the coil in too. What form have you been offered?
I have absolutely no idea! I’ve not picked up the prescription yet but it’s a patch. Obviously I’ll read all the info. She offered me the coil but I had a horrid experience years ago so I couldn’t face that again
---
I am on evorel conti and noticed a difference within a month.
The only side effects is I bled for two weeks the first month and then another bleed 10 days later but the benefits outweighed the bleed.
My energy still isn't where I was but I can see improvements.
My brain fog and anxiety have improved a lot. My moods are more stable, I was never angry but things that wouldn't usually bother me were starting to.

Hope you find they work. I would say give it three months then assess.
Thank you. The GP did say I need to give it 3 months so fingers crossed. My anger is off the scale tbh and I find it quite frightening at times. I have a chronic illness which makes me very very tired so it’s hard to know if it’s that or my bloody hormones at times! I need to speak to my nurse in more depth I think

Reactions: 4
I have absolutely no idea! I’ve not picked up the prescription yet but it’s a patch. Obviously I’ll read all the info. She offered me the coil but I had a horrid experience years ago so I couldn’t face that again
---

Thank you. The GP did say I need to give it 3 months so fingers crossed. My anger is off the scale tbh and I find it quite frightening at times. I have a chronic illness which makes me very very tired so it’s hard to know if it’s that or my bloody hormones at times! I need to speak to my nurse in more depth I think
I really hope it helps, best of luck with it x

• Heart
@Nurseali Thank you for setting up this thread, I've only just come across it and I am having a read through.
Hugs to everyone struggling, it's a strange time of life!
I turned 52 this week. I was diagnosed, finally, after suffering with severe pain and heavy periods for decades in 2022 with Uterine Adenomyosis, aged 50, and put on continual HRT, as by this point I was bleeding over 2 weeks a month and had a very public meltdown!
I had the Mirena coil fitted 6 months after starting Oestrogel & Provera (Medroxyprogesterone). I was also given a pretty painful Hysteroscopy/Endometrial biopsy & polypectomy. I could have had this under a G.A but given other issues, and wanting it over with, I went ahead without! Not an experience I will forget pain wise, but ruled out anything sinister. I am still monitored with scans every 6 months to check on an ovarian cyst.
Somebody has mentioned itchy skin (pruritus). I noticed this in my late 40's and it drives me nuts, even now. Burning hot, itchy palms, feet & back. My husband recently said, I would probably be arrested if it wasn't for HRT - for raging!
I have no idea 18 months on from starting HRT, where I am regards menopause, but often get cramps and had some very brief spotting blips. Nothing of concern.
I too cried after gynae said "we need to stop your periods until you have naturally passed the menopause" and prescribed HRT. It can literally be a life saver, both physically & mentally.
Apologies for the essay!
My best wishes to you all ❤
---
Would antihistamines help with itchy skin if I’m not having periods? (Due to the mini pill)
I was prescribed Fexofenadine, but as I've said, still experience itching x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
That Dr Federica (sorry no idea how she spells it) is literally Cat Deeley ten years ago!

Identical!

Further to my earlier post I’ve been prescribed Evorel Sequi patches. I still haven’t picked up the script though! I need to give it a go because my anxiety is just so vile

Does anyone have any decent remedies for bloating please? I actually look pregnant today 😳 I'm in the middle of an horrific period too which doesn't help but the bloating is really getting me down! I'm around 6 months into Perimenopause I think 😟