Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are the conti patches so bleeping tit? I never ever get three days from one. The est only ones are a bit better but the conti are like they forget the glue

Reactions: 1
So after a 4 week messy bleed (not an actual period just like the end of a period) I had 2 weeks of nothing and now I’ve started bleeding again but really really heavy but had no symptoms. No cramps, no sore boobs nothing, no signs at all. This is driving me crazy now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Why are the conti patches so bleeping tit? I never ever get three days from one. The est only ones are a bit better but the conti are like they forget the glue
I use the hairdryer on them for about 20 seconds to warm it up and have found the perfect spot is just below my hip.
I struggled loads when using them at first and used so many dressings to stick them down .
Agree though , I am always shocked that the bloody adhesive takes so much scrubbing to get off when the patches are so shite 😞
---
So after a 4 week messy bleed (not an actual period just like the end of a period) I had 2 weeks of nothing and now I’ve started bleeding again but really really heavy but had no symptoms. No cramps, no sore boobs nothing, no signs at all. This is driving me crazy now.
Have you changed anything recently?

Reactions: 2
I use the hairdryer on them for about 20 seconds to warm it up and have found the perfect spot is just below my hip.
I struggled loads when using them at first and used so many dressings to stick them down .
Agree though , I am always shocked that the bloody adhesive takes so much scrubbing to get off when the patches are so shite 😞
They stick on at first. Then at worst three hours later they’re all wet underneath and peeling or sometimes just dry and not sticking. I can’t see the point sticking them down if there’s nothing sticky left as the hormone is surely in the glue. I just keep putting new ones on. So annoying!!
Baby oil or similar for the glue residue.

---

Have you changed anything recently?
No I think it’s just the way things will be for the foreseeable

They stick on at first. Then at worst three hours later they’re all wet underneath and peeling or sometimes just dry and not sticking. I can’t see the point sticking them down if there’s nothing sticky left as the hormone is surely in the glue. I just keep putting new ones on. So annoying!!
Baby oil or similar for the glue residue.
Tegaderms are the best dressings to use.

I was given Estraderm patches when my usual weren't in stock. Not only are they massive but also have absolutely crap adhesive. Hairdryer, prolonged pressing, sticking the edges down with micropore all had zero effect, the glue would lift up within 24 hours. I always check before I leave the pharmacy now in case they've subbed them again and refuse to take them if they're Estraderm. How hard can it be for the manufacturer to ensure they last for 3.5 days?!

• Angry
Anyone recommend anything for staying asleep??I can get to sleep just not stay asleep.

So magnesium glycinate helped a bit but i’m waking after 3/4 hours and that’s it. I’ve had insomnia on and off for decades but it’s so much worse. Kalms night used to work but nope not that now. I’ve tried the salt baths, no tech, breathing techniques, ear plugs etc many times over the years

I’m active, i exercise regularly and also get outside on days off. I work 12 hour days on a busy ward 3/4 days I don’t drink caffeine past 1pm. I eat nutritionally well. I take vitamin D,

Im sat here looking at cbd… anyone had any luck?

Reactions: 4
Anyone recommend anything for staying asleep??I can get to sleep just not stay asleep.

So magnesium glycinate helped a bit but i’m waking after 3/4 hours and that’s it. I’ve had insomnia on and off for decades but it’s so much worse. Kalms night used to work but nope not that now. I’ve tried the salt baths, no tech, breathing techniques, ear plugs etc many times over the years

I’m active, i exercise regularly and also get outside on days off. I work 12 hour days on a busy ward 3/4 days I don’t drink caffeine past 1pm. I eat nutritionally well. I take vitamin D,

Antihistamines can work well, half a tablet when you wake up in the night or a full tablet when you go to bed. I developed a lot of new food allergies and waking at 3am every night (which I read can be histamine related, especially if you wake with a higher heart rate). If that's the reason, you'll know the first night you try and non-branded antihistamines are very inexpensive, so not a big outlay to try it. Just check any meds you take don't interact with them.

Reactions: 5

I took melatonin gummies, they worked a treat now I’m back in a normal sleep cycle thank god!

Reactions: 3
Hi @Louby@21 have you tried 5htp? I have a stock of them in bedside drawer - they're totally natural (but check they don't interfere with any meds just in case). I find if I wake up at 3 or 4am (which TBH is rare these days as I seem to have my symptoms under control) I take one and they pretty much knock me out. I've found that's better than taking one to get me to sleep earlier in the evening, which is not my problem.

I would also maybe cut the caffeine down earlier in the day if you're having trouble sleeping...

Thanks all

. I’ve been here before but with complete insomnia and not getting to sleep at all but this is different.

To be honest i probably only have two caffeine instant coffees in a morning well before 11ish then two decaf afternoon and then it’s always fine and hasnt affected me. I drink lots of water the rest of the time.

I’m not having issues falling asleep it’s the 2/3am wake up. I have ordered some antihistamines Chlorphenomine. It’s made me drowsy before so worth a try and i’ll check out the 5htp to when i’ve finished work. At this point i’ll try anything! I’m not sure on melatonin and it’s supposed to help you go to sleep not stay asleep…..it may be an option though if other things don’t work!

Luckily i’m not on any other prescribed medication currently for any interaction worries. Will check with the supplements though

Thanks all

. I’ve been here before but with complete insomnia and not getting to sleep at all but this is different.

To be honest i probably only have two caffeine instant coffees in a morning well before 11ish then two decaf afternoon and then it’s always fine and hasnt affected me. I drink lots of water the rest of the time.

I’m not having issues falling asleep it’s the 2/3am wake up. I have ordered some antihistamines Chlorphenomine. It’s made me drowsy before so worth a try and i’ll check out the 5htp to when i’ve finished work. At this point i’ll try anything! I’m not sure on melatonin and it’s supposed to help you go to sleep not stay asleep…..it may be an option though if other things don’t work!

Luckily i’m not on any other prescribed medication currently for any interaction worries. Will check with the supplements though
I use a magnesium bar from Lush. I just rub it into my chest and shoulders and have found a difference.

I took melatonin gummies, they worked a treat now I’m back in a normal sleep cycle thank god!
They’re good for falling asleep but not staying asleep.
I’ve tried everything sleep wise over the years.
For going back to sleep sometimes noise is the best thing. Max Richter’s album Sleep is pretty amazing, it’s 8hrs long, or if you don’t want something on all night the sleep meditations by Kenneth Soares on Insight timer are really good.
Iron at bedtime can be useful. Raw onions make me really sleepy. Theanine is a helper for sleeping and I also find rhodiola good too. Valerian is worth a go, that’s not expensive

Hi and welcome 🤗

I was prescribed HRT a few months ago and it's been life changing. I actually cried when the doctor on the phone agreed to prescribe HRT for me. I expected a battle.

I made a list of every symptom. From erratic periods to itchy skin to brain fog, sleep. Chuck everything at them and don't let them fob you off with antidepressants. They did this with me last year even though I knew I wasn't depressed.
It's so sad we have to fight like this
---
View attachment 2883961
Oh gosh, I literally have all of these pretty much. Was putting alot of it down to low iron so bought vitamins. 😭 Just found this thread by chance, hadn't even given menopause a thought but thought I'd look as I'm 43 and been feeling weird lately.

• Heart
I can recommend brown noise for helping to drift back to sleep. It’s like white noise but a different frequency, it’s good for stopping your mind wondering off and opening 15 new thought tabs when your trying to get back to sleep 🤪

Reactions: 7
Ladies, I've just been prescribed the spray and progesterone tablet (I refuse to have a coil).

Has anyone used it, and what was your experience?

Thank you x

• Heart
Ladies, I've just been prescribed the spray and progesterone tablet (I refuse to have a coil).

Thank you x
What spray?
---

Thank you x
I’ve been given Norethisterone before which is a progesterone tablet. I was given it to stop bleeding l was bleeding for 7 weeks. I felt so much better on that.

Thanks all

Does your bladder wake you by any chance? I read that drinking your water quota early in the day helps a load and I’ve started to try get most of my hydration in by the afternoon and I’m not waking as often now.