Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone's bloods come back with "raised ferritin" and is it cause for concern? I've never heard of it.

Going to have repeat bloods done (fasting). Thanks.

You can test for peri menopause. The nhs is reluctant to however and anyway diagnose over 45s via symptoms (or at least they should do in line with NICE guidelines).

To test for oestrogen levels you must give blood on day 3 of your cycle. This should be repeated a few months later. If its low both times it’s an indicator of being peri.
Low and wildly fluctuating oestrogen causes the majority of symptoms.

Reactions: 1
45 over here and spent the last 2 years or so dealing with no period, then 2 periods in one month, leg cramps, headaches, insomnia, nausea, generally feeling ‘weird’. Not to mention repeated gum infections and flare ups of sciatica.
Both my mum and grandma had early menopauses.
But after a blood test showed my oestrogen levels to be normal, the fossil of a GP sent me on my way telling me I was too young to be perimenopausal 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Is anyone having major gum/teeth issues? My mouth feels like all my teeth could literally fall out any moment?

My main anxiety issues are my teeth and driving 😞

Reactions: 3
Is anyone having major gum/teeth issues? My mouth feels like all my teeth could literally fall out any moment?

My main anxiety issues are my teeth and driving 😞
Yes, my gums have started getting a bit spongey and there is a little bit of movement in some of my teeth.

I was due to have Invisalign but this is one of the reasons I was put off.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Is there any bloody body parts not effected. Even my eyes are either bone dry or I look like I have been crying for days. Pfft

Reactions: 5
Been having discharge from one of my nipples. Been googling, it's called duty ectasia and common in menopausal women . So that's another symptom to add to my list. I'll keep a watch to see if it happens at a certain point I'm my cycle or if it's at random.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Been having discharge from one of my nipples. Been googling, it's called duty ectasia and common in menopausal women . So that's another symptom to add to my list. I'll keep a watch to see if it happens at a certain point I'm my cycle or if it's at random.
I get that too. It’s a bit scary isn’t it?

I hope no one minds me joining in. I'm 43 and been having symptoms since I was 39 but no health professional I have seen will take me seriously enough to even do any tests and keep telling me I'm too young.

I know it's not an exact science but my Mum went in to peri at 36 and menopause at 46.

I'm struggling with various things and have a(nother) doctors appointment next week. Hopefully this time someone will listen!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hope no one minds me joining in. I'm 43 and been having symptoms since I was 39 but no health professional I have seen will take me seriously enough to even do any tests and keep telling me I'm too young.

I know it's not an exact science but my Mum went in to peri at 36 and menopause at 46.

I'm struggling with various things and have a(nother) doctors appointment next week. Hopefully this time someone will listen!
Hi and welcome 🤗

I was prescribed HRT a few months ago and it's been life changing. I actually cried when the doctor on the phone agreed to prescribe HRT for me. I expected a battle.

I made a list of every symptom. From erratic periods to itchy skin to brain fog, sleep. Chuck everything at them and don't let them fob you off with antidepressants. They did this with me last year even though I knew I wasn't depressed.
It's so sad we have to fight like this
---
FB_IMG_1713470513665.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi and welcome 🤗

I was prescribed HRT a few months ago and it's been life changing. I actually cried when the doctor on the phone agreed to prescribe HRT for me. I expected a battle.

I made a list of every symptom. From erratic periods to itchy skin to brain fog, sleep. Chuck everything at them and don't let them fob you off with antidepressants. They did this with me last year even though I knew I wasn't depressed.
It's so sad we have to fight like this
Thank you. Sorry to hear you had a battle as well it's absolutely ridiculous! Glad you now have HRT and it's been life changing for you.

I started to make a list but just seen the list that you posted and I'm shocked. I didn't realise that my tinnitus, sudden allergies that came on in the past few years that I've never had before and the fact I am struggling with bloating, nausea and indigestion frequently could be down to perimenopause! I tick nearly every single box on that list.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know if doctors have guidance to prescribe HRT if a certain number of those checklist symptoms are in place or is it an individual decision each time?

Does anyone know if doctors have guidance to prescribe HRT if a certain number of those checklist symptoms are in place or is it an individual decision each time?
I think according to the NICE guidelines the GP is supposed to go on the symptoms presented by the woman. That is what I quoted to the first useless GP, luckily my second visit to my usual GP proved a success as he was extremely sympathetic and knowledgeable and provided me with great care. I was lucky 😌

Reactions: 7