Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s hrt though, isn’t it?
Not really, it's an extremely low dose of oestrogen cream that only deals with the vaginal tissue, for other symptoms of menopause like sweats etc the cream would give you no benefits. I tried hrt in tablet and patch form and both times I was very unwell and had to come off.

Not really, it's an extremely low dose of oestrogen cream that only deals with the vaginal tissue, for other symptoms of menopause like sweats etc the cream would give you no benefits. I tried hrt in tablet and patch form and both times I was very unwell and had to come off.
Oestrogen cream is HRT

Reactions: 1
It's still HRT as you are replacing hormones.

Reactions: 2
I've just finished my first pack of the mini pill. I started bleeding last weekend, which is around the time I start to expect a period. It was really light at first , but now it's heavy with flooding. I'm not sure if I want to continue taking it, it's not doing what I wanted.

I did see some improvement earlier I the month , I've had no spotting, and less vaginal dryness, and perhaps my mood improvement, but that maybe a placebo.

Would you persevere or give up?

I've just finished my first pack of the mini pill. I started bleeding last weekend, which is around the time I start to expect a period. It was really light at first , but now it's heavy with flooding. I'm not sure if I want to continue taking it, it's not doing what I wanted.

I did see some improvement earlier I the month , I've had no spotting, and less vaginal dryness, and perhaps my mood improvement, but that maybe a placebo.

My response to progesterone pill was bleed for three months before I gave up, anaemic and feeling near suicidal. If you feel better mood wise might be worth sticking out but depends if you can put up with maybe bleeding for ages.
ETA my experience was not at perimenopause time for clarity

I would persevere for another month or two.
I went on this as I couldn't cope with heavy and unpredictable periods and after the first one they started getting shorter and lighter. I now haven't had a period this year and my mood is better. Maybe my periods have just stopped anyway, am now thinking of when to stop taking it, which is another issue!

My response to progesterone pill was bleed for three months before I gave up, anaemic and feeling near suicidal. If you feel better mood wise might be worth sticking out but depends if you can put up with maybe bleeding for ages.
ETA my experience was not at perimenopause time for clarity
I've tried it years ago too,and I had light pink bleeding with a very light flow, which I would have found manageable.

I might be at the stage where the additional progesterone is what I need , but this bleeding is seems worse than my actual periods. .
---
I would persevere for another month or two.
I went on this as I couldn't cope with heavy and unpredictable periods and after the first one they started getting shorter and lighter. I now haven't had a period this year and my mood is better. Maybe my periods have just stopped anyway, am now thinking of when to stop taking it, which is another issue!
I can't cope with this bleeding for long . It's heavier than my natural periods , although up to now less painful.