Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondering why people are so against having the Mirena coil fitted.
I had it fitted under a general, and it solved all my problems.
Up to that I had periods lasting 3 weeks. Granted I had it under private health care, which I had via my company.
I considered a merina coil. I spoke about it at the sexual health clinic and they fit them , but you need an advance appointment. They also said it would likely be another brand of hormonal coil, rather than the merina .
I ended up going for the minipill from the gp ,it took so long to get an appointment for contraception, I just wanted to be sorted rather than waiting yonks to get a coil fitted.

Obviously you never know if the coil will suit you, or if you'll be an unlucky one bleeding all the time. If you don't get on with it , you're stuck for a while.

The thought of having to feel for the strings makes my skin crawl.

Tldr - I'm not against it ,but for me , there was an more convenient option.

Reactions: 1
My coil was a life saver. Went in no problem, stayed in for the requisite amount of years, helped massively, came out, was replaced, repeat.
Long live the Mirena!

Reactions: 3
Someone please help me. I've been taking the evorel 50 for almost 2 weeks. I've felt sick as a dog so the Dr has changed me to the 25. But it says take for only 2 weeks of each cycle then. But with the evorel sequi you got the conti ones too. The GP said to me about taking the conti after 2 weeks but the instructions differ. I'm fecking confused & getting fed up with these GPs not explaining properly.

Someone please help me. I've been taking the evorel 50 for almost 2 weeks. I've felt sick as a dog so the Dr has changed me to the 25. But it says take for only 2 weeks of each cycle then. But with the evorel sequi you got the conti ones too. The GP said to me about taking the conti after 2 weeks but the instructions differ. I'm fecking confused & getting fed up with these GPs not explaining properly.
The conti are a 50 plus the addition of progesterone. So you’ll be on the double estrogen then. Wonder if you’d be better off with the 25 patch continuously and utrogestan tablets to add in for the last two weeks (if you get a two week before period, I never do). B vitamins help with pregnancy sickness so those might help you. I’ve been really nauseous this cycle too but my multi vitamin that has mega dose of b vits in yesterday did help (I haven’t been taking it like an idiot).

The conti are a 50 plus the addition of progesterone. So you’ll be on the double estrogen then. Wonder if you’d be better off with the 25 patch continuously and utrogestan tablets to add in for the last two weeks (if you get a two week before period, I never do). B vitamins help with pregnancy sickness so those might help you. I’ve been really nauseous this cycle too but my multi vitamin that has mega dose of b vits in yesterday did help (I haven’t been taking it like an idiot).
I'm going to contact drs again tomorrow. It doesn't help its all done on phone & they rush you. I will try the vitamin B, thanks lovely x

• Heart
Does anyone take Lions Mane to help with their symptoms in particular brain fog? I'm wondering whether to add it to my current regime of evening primrose oil, vitamin d, multivitamin and iron. Thanks

Does anyone take Lions Mane to help with their symptoms in particular brain fog? I'm wondering whether to add it to my current regime of evening primrose oil, vitamin d, multivitamin and iron. Thanks
I've started to take it, literally been 2 weeks. Not seen any difference yet, however it's early days.

I take lions mane/various mushroom blends depending on offers, and really find a difference in brain fog, slowness, forgetting words etc.

Reactions: 5
I had my GP appointment and she was good. I was honest about my eating as well as peri symptoms and said it was all a bit of a mess. She has me booked in for bloods next week and then another appointment after that. I’m not sure what the bloods are supposed to show?

also a question and a huge TMI/gross warning;
I haven’t had a period now in over 3 months. The day before yesterday, I got some brown smearing, and more today. Mainly when I wipe. It’s a dark brown colour. Anyone else had this and know what it is, am I about to get a period perhaps? Never had it before.

Reactions: 2
I had my GP appointment and she was good. I was honest about my eating as well as peri symptoms and said it was all a bit of a mess. She has me booked in for bloods next week and then another appointment after that. I’m not sure what the bloods are supposed to show?

I haven’t had a period now in over 3 months. The day before yesterday, I got some brown smearing, and more today. Mainly when I wipe. It’s a dark brown colour. Anyone else had this and know what it is, am I about to get a period perhaps? Never had it before.
Yes that’s happening with me too. Once it happened and I thought t myself “ahh there you are!” but that was it. Only once that happened. Then it’s an indicator of a period to come, some after a few months.

Same here. I believe it’s thickened womb lining and utrogestan/progesterone might be useful to stop the lining getting too thick.

No such thing as TMI in this thread!

Reactions: 4

I've had this since taking progesterone. Are you on HRT? I don't think its anything to worry about. I think its progesterone doing its job.

I've had this since taking progesterone. Are you on HRT? I don't think its anything to worry about. I think its progesterone doing its job.
Mine is lighter since being on progesterone.

I must say ( and sorry for all those not having an easy ride) getting on HRT has been a blessing so much so that I hardly notice it. I just get on with my life and don’t feel as much ‘doom’ as before.

Reactions: 4
No I’m not on any HRT yet. I will see what happens with it then, maybe another period. I’m so bloated as well 😒 I just wish I knew what was going on and how to make it easier. It all seems like a total guessing game.

Think I’ve mentioned before but I have terrible rage. I have a lot on to be honest but I feel almost as though I could go toe to toe with people on occasion. I take an antidepressant but if I didn’t I’d probably be on a 25 year stretch 😂

Reactions: 5
I am noŵ nearly 3 years without a period so we'll and truly menopause and mostly I'm fine, alot calmer, no longer a slave to my hormones and I'm not on HRT. However earlier this year I developed vaginal atrophy and that was not good, I thought I had it sussed by moisturising with natural lubricants everyday but they didn't work.

Anyway I am now 3 months on ovestin oestrogen cream and its a miracle, I can't believe how well it works. Don't suffer ladies it makes you feel normal again. The menopause is cruel because you don't have periods anymore or the worry of pregnancy but you can't bloody have sex as your fanny feels like it's been put in the wash and shrunk! Anyway the cream solves all that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I am noŵ nearly 3 years without a period so we'll and truly menopause and mostly I'm fine, alot calmer, no longer a slave to my hormones and I'm not on HRT. However earlier this year I developed vaginal atrophy and that was not good, I thought I had it sussed by moisturising with natural lubricants everyday but they didn't work.

Anyway I am now 3 months on ovestin oestrogen cream and its a miracle, I can't believe how well it works. Don't suffer ladies it makes you feel normal again. The menopause is cruel because you don't have periods anymore or the worry of pregnancy but you can't bloody have sex as your fanny feels like it's been put in the wash and shrunk! Anyway the cream solves all that.
That’s hrt though, isn’t it?