Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mirtazapine was horrific for me. Genuinely felt like I was losing my grip on reality. Hallucinating, rage outburts, paranoia etc. Awful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This thread has got me thinking a lot about Peaches as well and just how horrifically sad and tragic the whole thing is. I really hope her sisters are ok. I used to actively dislike Peaches but now I feel embarrassed about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Methadone has a half life of 36 hours. It is one of the worst drugs to detox from. Toxicity wise it is a lot worse for you than medical grade heroin (can’t spell the word 😂) so a lot of seasoned users that have been in the system for years will not go on it. Socially it is very good, the more users stabilised on methadone, the less crime, less exploitation, better relationships with families and children - the list goes on. In detox units you’ll see heroin users get clean a lot quicker and less painful than a methadone user. But nothing ever compares to a Valium detox, I’ve done two of them, if I ever relapse on Valium again I’ll stay on it. It’s absolutely awful.
Methadone isn’t just used for addiction, it’s also prescribed as a pain medication with people with cancers etc would you believe?! I think it’s because of how long it lasts in the system!
I think tramadol has a 36hr half life too. And has a boost lke SSRIs. It’s a nightmare to get off. Much nastier than codeine. Was originally described as non addictive and a good codeine substitute.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I think tramadol has a 36hr half life too. And has a boost lke SSRIs. It’s a nightmare to get off. Much nastier than codeine. Was originally described as non addictive and a good codeine substitute.
Why didnt it say T R A M A D O L? This site sometimes puts its own words in when you write something different. Strange.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why didnt it say T R A M A D O L? This site sometimes puts its own words in when you write something different. Strange.
? I don’t understand. The original post autocorrected it to transformers and I edited.

? I don’t understand. The original post autocorrected it to transformers and I edited.
oh. Is that why? I thought my autocorrect was going bonkers. This site is a massive pita for auto correct. Didn’t realise it was intentional.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's been interesting reading about Peaches but this thread is now a massively triggering😔 going to hide it if possible and try and get a GP appointment (probably impossible - thanks Covid)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
It's been interesting reading about Peaches but this thread is now a massively triggering😔 going to hide it if possible and try and get a GP appointment (probably impossible - thanks Covid)
Good luck @Notredamn My surgery are being quite efficient with phone appointments so fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: 12
I wouldn’t say I was ever fully addicted but when I was cleaning out my grandma’s house after she died I came across an impressive stash of cocodamol, codeine and tramadol. It coincided with me having a really bad bout of toothache and coupled with the trauma of losing her plus a break up, I started taking them most nights to get the buzz and get off to sleep but it then graduated into being taking them during the day and for most of the day too. I would just stick to cocodamol/coedine in the week and have tramadol on the weekend when I didn’t have to get up or drive. I liked the way it just makes you feel numb and in your own little bubble almost. The stash ran out and I was buying cocodamol from the chemist for a bit and getting tramadol from someone I know with chronic back pain but I did manage to cut it out and haven’t touched any of them since. I have never felt so sick in my life as when I stopped taking them. I am no stranger to a lot of drugs and there is substance abuse in my family so I realised I needed to be careful. Alcohol is the main issue in my family tbh, have lost two uncles to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It says a lot that Peaches was happy for a “friend” to feed a story to the tabloids that she was addicted to diet pills. The truth was far worse.
What do you mean by that? It doesn't say anywhere that Peaches was happy for a friend to "feed" a story to the tabloids about diet pills when the truth was a lot worse, does it? It says in that quote that she took diet pills to get energy to her up with the kids the day after using heroin. Or are you quoting something else?

Reactions: 4
Yes me too. I have gone from 8 stone to 10 stone, and i know im not overweight, but im only 5ft 2 and ive always been petite and slim. So for me i really really struggled with going from petite to average. But i have an unhealthy relationship with food, body dysmorphia etc so that explains why i struggle with the change to my body. Im my own worst enemy really because everyone tells me i look so much better and more healthy but i feel absolutely disgusting. Also, when i look at others i dont even find the really slim girls attractive! I find it so much more attractive when people have curves, and yet sadly i cant recognise that in myself.
I try to take my mirtazapine as late as possible now, i was going through the stage of taking it about 7/8pm and i would then binge on all sorts. I just need to be mindful now especially if i need to wake up early otherwise i feel so groggy.
Exactly the same! I'll try to take mine as late as possible then! Thanks @Clairer86!x

Reactions: 5
I knew someone who was anorexic when she was a teen, and she would really overfeed her kids because she said they had really big appetites. It was things like ordering an entire large pizza for her 7 year old. I think it may be psychological.

I had eating issues in the past and am very focused on no food being bad, everything in moderation with my child. I never mention weight and don’t obsess over what they eat. However I know an incredibly thin woman, though only in passing so I can’t assume she has ED issues, her children are obese. Also know a few obese women who are neurotic about their children’s diets, they are very thin, whilst seemingly not being able to help themselves.

As you say, there must be a psychological aspect to it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This thread has got me thinking a lot about Peaches as well and just how horrifically sad and tragic the whole thing is. I really hope her sisters are ok. I used to actively dislike Peaches but now I feel embarrassed about that.
agree but I used to believe the press portrayal of her (spoilt, little rich girl) whereas know I just think her upbringing and life was terribly sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She was so thin, I did wonder how she coped with the 2 boys so close together, and how she wasn't exhausted. I'm surprised her body didn't give up earlier if she was taking the drugs she did.

Reactions: 11
I wonder about Peahes having two c-sections. If she didn't go private there must have been a medical reason for the first one. Unless the rules have changed and you can choose to have one on the nhs. It points to an issue, lots of speculation they were born with addiction.

I agree l think the drug talk would be better on a separate thread.

Reactions: 12
I dont see why? Its completely relevant and we should be able to discuss MH problems anywhere they might be helpful imo.
If people are triggered, perhaps any further drugs discussions could go behind a spoiler? X

I was addicted to cocaine for a number of years (amongst other things). Hearing about other people’s experiences with addictions doesn’t bother me at all but I can appreciate it may be upsetting for some. Very relevant to the Peaches discussion though so would feel strange to take it elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.