Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it Sinead O'Connor? I think she converted to Islam at one point and has had a lot of mental health problems. Was she a middle aged skinhead?

Reactions: 15
I don’t want to derail the thread here. There was one more but I cannot remember her name, I didn’t know of her when I went in there. She’s a celeb in the public eye and seems to have a lot of mental health problems. If I remember she posted a video of her crying and another video saying she had converted to islam. I think this is the right description. When Kat Slater walked through the door I was bleeping star struck 😂
I wish peaches life wasn’t fluffed up as though she was the perfect earth mother, she might of been able to get treatment then. It’s very sad. The higher your profile, the more you have to lose, so you don’t get help and then it’s too late.
Sinead O Connor

Reactions: 7
Yes you are correct, heroin is everywhere and its not just the typical trainspotting 'people' doing it. Im a recovering user and yet i havre never been a typical looking addict, and neither were the people i used to associate with. We were mainly all well educated- at least up to MA and Phd, and had professional careers. I have witnessed people who are high up in medical fields, even lawyers, and top business people all use heroin on a regular basis. I managed to hide my addictions for a long long time- i guess i was a functioning addict. Im totally clean now, but this is the first time probably ever ive been properly clean. I was like a binge user, i would use for a peroid of time then might stop for a few months, but i would always somehow fall back into it. Now im properly clean, i havent used since May 2020, ive completely cut off all of my associates from that time (i wont call them friends because they are not friends), i got rid of my phone, and all aspects of my life from that time. Its a horrible drug to be addicted to, but people need to understand that its so much popular than what you think it is. I think people assume heroin addicts are the typical 'smack heads' you see in tv and films, but the reality is so much more complex than that.
Well done, thats amazing. x

Reactions: 9
When I started this thread I honestly didn’t think anyone would really respond and I was being a bit weird reminiscing about Peaches. Honestly I’ve learnt so much listening to everyone and learning about addiction and your achievements. Thanks so much for your stories and taking the time to chat. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 78
I really don't mean to moderate or be "that person", isn't rehab supposed to be confidential, sleb or not?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thankyou, and well done to you as well. I dont know much about alcoholism but from chats with my drugs worker-its a horrible thing, and kudos to you and everyone else who overcomes it.
What i will say about my addiction, i didnt suddenly start taking heroin one day. I was prescribed opiate pain for years! The doctors literally handed them out to me like sweets. And i do have chronic back pain, and sciatica so i was legitimately using the opiates for pain. But then as time went on, i became more and more addicted to the opiate pain and heroin became an easier and better option for me. It cured my pain better than any of the pain did, and i would argue that the last time i started using heroin properly was because of the pain i felt. Of course my mental health also played a part, and im glad more professionals are seeing addiction and mental health fall hand in hand with one and other.
Im just glad i have an amazing family, and i feel very lucky in that respect as some people dont have that, and i know my family went to some extreme measures to keep me safe but it worked and i think that coupled with my determination to really kick it this time has helped me. xxx
A friend of mine ended up addicted to codeine, initially borrowing their parents as a teen and then getting it prescribed under false pretences, buying cough medicine off the internet etc. Really opened my eyes to how dangerous prescription opiates can be, they lost their marriage and imperilled their whole career. We had no idea until it all came out, we knew them about a decade before we realise and their long term partner had not known for years either. Once we knew a lot of wierd stuff about this person suddenly made sense (behaviour wise)

Reactions: 9
This is slightly OT, I’ve been reading this thread for a few days and just wondering.. If someone like Peaches is known to services, probably on a methadone program etc.. how does she not get arrested for possession? Does that just not happen to celebrities or would it not happen to anyone. Surely if someone is a known user wouldn’t the police go round and could arrest them on possession? Especially if she had a lot in the house. I just don’t get it. I hear of people being arrested for having weed which to me seems so minor in comparison. Sorry if that’s a daft question I really know nothing about this world.

Reactions: 7
On a less serious note, I found the phantom hand article, turns out the house had a past.

Reactions: 8
This is slightly OT, I’ve been reading this thread for a few days and just wondering.. If someone like Peaches is known to services, probably on a methadone program etc.. how does she not get arrested for possession? Does that just not happen to celebrities or would it not happen to anyone. Surely if someone is a known user wouldn’t the police go round and could arrest them on possession? Especially if she had a lot in the house. I just don’t get it. I hear of people being arrested for having weed which to me seems so minor in comparison. Sorry if that’s a daft question I really know nothing about this world.
I think she probably had bought the methadone as when on a methadone program if you test positive for any drugs you get kicked off the program, so it’s not known if she was know to drug and alcohol services. It’s not illegal to take drugs. They would not be able to go in her house without a warrant. She was just lucky I guess.

Reactions: 1
On a less serious note from me (and slightly off topic) Kat Slater used to live in the house behind my friend’s parents house and apparently used to have loud sex in the garden.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
On a less serious note from me (and slightly off topic) Kat Slater used to live in the house behind my friend’s parents house and apparently used to have loud sex in the garden
Is this the actress who played Kat slater or is there someone else actually called Kat slater 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It really is so sad. And many unanswered questions. I didn't know about the train row. That seems too trivial to have caused him to leave with the kids for the weekend. She carried on as though it was trivial though, going shopping etc.

Reactions: 4
😂😂😂 The actress! apparently the press were knocking on people’s doors for a scoop. I think there was some drama at the time because her fiancé sent pics of her naked to someone else, it was a very z list scandal

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It really is so sad. And many unanswered questions. I didn't know about the train row. That seems too trivial to have caused him to leave with the kids for the weekend. She carried on as though it was trivial though, going shopping etc.
I don't know, I've had plenty of petty rows and probably would have wanted space if I'd had the opportunity. Its even sadder if this was the last time they spoke.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't know, I've had plenty of petty rows and probably would have wanted space if I'd had the opportunity. Its even sadder if this was the last time they spoke.
I thought I’d read before that he regularly took the children to stay with his parents. Maybe he did it so she could attend events/work e.t.c

Reactions: 5
M
I really don't mean to moderate or be "that person", isn't rehab supposed to be confidential, sleb or not?
It’s not like AA where nobody breaches the confidentiality, but most people treat it like that. Poor show to the commenter that outed the famous people who were seeking help. Doesn’t matter if it was alluded to in the papers...most people who attend addiction meetings or rehab wouldn’t breathe a word about other attendees. Interesting that the user who commented about them is able to remain completely anonymous here.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was going to say, no matter how amazing the house was I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. It feels like it would have a real heaviness in it.
I know this is maybe in bad taste but she had spoken about a previous owner dying in the property in tragic circumstances. If I was a potential buyer it would definitely put me off.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.