Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Far nicer houses than that for a similar price bracket.
I got the impression it may have been redecorated before being sold? Maybe someone else lived there for a period of time. Some of the bedrooms look like they belong to preteen girls.

I think it’s a nice house, would have to redecorate as it’s a bit bland but wouldn’t turn it down if it was offered to me!

Reactions: 5
It says in that article about the row on the train
"Thomas, 23, left the train alone following the row. It is believed to be the last time he saw his wife alive."

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Slow on the uptake but just read the Pete Doherty article from the Guardian in 2019. I genuinely thought he was clean, I last read about him about 4 years ago when he had just got out of rehab. Turns out he’s still a bleeping mess

Reactions: 7
The cot debate was rife on Peaches Instagram page due to her strong AP opinions on it (ie that cots shouldn't be used). I don't think he had been put into a cot, as he was found in a different room, playing on the floor.

This article mentions where Thomas found the baby:

"Peaches' body was found slumped in the spare room by her distraught husband Tom Cohen, who had been at his parents' home in south east London for the weekend.

Seeing her splayed out with one leg hanging off the bed, another across her laptop, he knew instantly that she was dead. Their son Phaedra, then one, was playing in another room. He'd been alone for 17 hours."

and

"When Tom rang later that night at 9:48pm but couldn't get an answer, he wasn't concerned. But unbeknown to the singer, his wife had died at about 8pm after injecting a fatal dose of unusually strong heroin.

Becoming increasingly frantic, the next morning he asked a neighbour and a local dog warden to go round and check. When they couldn't get an answer, he drove back to the family home with his mum and Astala at 1:30pm, and found his spouse dead with a pair of knotted tights believed to have been used as a tourniquet beneath her.

He said: "I found her in the spare bedroom. We both used it when the kids were sleeping."

The syringe was found in a box of sweets next to the bed, and some 80 others were discovered hidden in the house along with almost seven grams of heroin worth £550. "
Thank you for clarifying that for me i really had no idea i admit it was speculation on my part?
I just presumed because she wasn't breastfeeding and because she was using drugs that a cot would have been a more secure option?
God only knows then her state of mind?
Maybe she just wanted to be close to her son and just discounted the risks of sharing a bed when really she wasn't in the best state to make that decision?
I feel a bit bad for judging her i guess?
I would have put the baby in a cot (but then i tend to be over protective which isn't that great either?) also i don't take drugs (apart from medication for my heart :D ).
Then again who can say how she felt growing up in choas and dysfunctional family dynamics with closet upon closet full of skeletons (look at poor paula and her paternity that her own mother swore blind she did not know who paula's father was she even admitted the possibility of being drugged and raped!)
So many lies and trauma and deceptions and early deaths and confusion and a young mother just trapped in the middle of it who would blame her if she didn't know who she was or ehat she was doing?
Its just an extreme life then as far as i can tell maybe heavily into drugs but as contradictory as it seems heavily into her boys and trying to do whats best.
I guess she was a headstrong passionate woman detirmined to carve out her own life and just not having any guidance or role model's maybe prompted her to ignore others (because maybe she felt like she couldn't trust them they let you down based on her past experience?) and then maybe she just felt like she had to go it alone to a certain extent and over compensated because she was more than a bit loney?
Cut off from most of her friends a young mum in the country having a strained relationship with her dad i get the strong sense that she herself was struggling with feeling abandoned?
She must have been mentally very tired i think and then the lure of the oblivion that drugs bought was just too strong a pull?
I guess when you've been clean and maybe stress could trigger a relapse you could maybe justify it with the pretext oh just this once or i'll just have a bit to keep me going etc etc except that it quickly spirals out of control? Or maybe as pearl lowe said heroin makes you feel blissful and spiritual and at peace so the artificial beauty of it was too much to resist?
Whatever the need or justification i would not blame her for wanting to escape reality sometimes?
Also she had to work to bring in an income so being a young mum and breadwinner as well must have taken its toll?
More than anything i think she must have been burnt out and maybe her body had just reached its limits and couldn't take any more?
Sad indeed because she seemed so strong but sadly strong people sometimes place too much confidence in their own strength and ability to bounce back from the challenges that life throws at them?

I really liked Paula, felt very sad for her family when she couldn’t seem to get her life together and then died so suddenly. I loved her on the tube and then the Big Breakfast. I’m sure I vaguely remember a Chanel 4 show called sex on the bed? Where she interviewed celebrities about their sex lives. I’m sure I read she was having an affair with Terrence Trent D’arby for years and Finlay Quaye around the same time. Late eighties/early nineties. When I see photos of Pixie I just think she looks so much like Terrence Trent D’arby.
I thought I was going mad because I thought I remembered Paula and Rupert Everett having an affair, but it was true. In 1982, she was married and he was gay (he said this).
She interviewed him for a magazine and sat on his lap and they were together for a while.

Reactions: 8
Since lockdown I have been trying to support more charities and I have been following Mitch Winehouse and the work he has been doing with the Amy Winehouse Foundation. He is really trying to make a lasting legacy. I known he and Bob Geldof got absolutely slated after the deaths if their daughters and I have to say I found it incredibly unfair and almost bordering on gloating. To have your grief picked apart by tabloid journalists and documentary makers. It's the most macabre thing in the world. And then there is this massive blame game. And the notion that the parents are always at fault if the child falls to addiction. Not every person who is an addict has been abused and that is such a prevalent assumption in AA and NA. I had the most wonderful supportive family who only every wanted to see me succeed and fully supported me going to College etc. But I know its incredibly cliched but I was attracted to that dark side. I always was from my teenage years.
Mitch Winehouse is a foul, foul man who thrived on his daughter's spiral and notoriety to the extent of talking her out of seeking proper help. That man is still using her name to benefit his own self.
Also there is a real lack of understanding of both drug addiction on this thread (by some worryingly claiming to work in the system of service users), and the idea that not everyone processes their experiences in the same way as people are all different. And that people aren't walking drug addictions defined by drugs and nothing else. I know some people who would fit the heroine user stereotype, I also know 'fully functioning members of society' who use and hold down jobs from post man to social worker to people working in law.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Thanks whoever shared the melody Nelson Facebook page... Crazy.. Fell down a rabbit Warren.. From her pal fifi brown there are lots of famous people.. Sophie Ellis bexter... Then her friend list is open.. Lost ages stalking famous peoples Facebook pages...

Reactions: 16
Mitch Winehouse is a foul, foul man who thrived on his daughter's spiral and notoriety to the extent of talking her out of seeking proper help. That man is still using her name to benefit his own self.
Also there is a real lack of understanding of both drug addiction on this thread (by some worryingly claiming to work in the system of service users), and the idea that not everyone processes their experiences in the same way as people are all different. And that people aren't walking drug addictions defined by drugs and nothing else. I know some people who would fit the heroine user stereotype, I also know 'fully functioning members of society' who use and hold down jobs from post man to social worker to people working in law.
Who are you referring to in the thread when you say they claim to work in the system? It’s better to debate your difference in opinion directly than just make vague negative statements about who-knows how many people on the thread

I was trying to refer to parents and of course other family members who have to deal with their childrens addictions and often have no guidance on how to deal with them. Whatever Mitch Winehouse is or his personality he in my opinion as well as Bob Geldof did not deserve the onslaught of media criticism he received on their daughters deaths. Families are often ripped apart and destroyed by addiction. I am talking about ordinary working people here. A woman I know has had to move 300 miles to escape drug dealers knocking on her door and threatening her to pay her sons drug debts. This is very common. She had a nervous breakdown and had to move and is now working still in her late 60s because she was constantly bailing her son out of drug debts. Now could she have dealt with it better.... yes of course but she was not offered any help or anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Who are you referring to in the thread when you say they claim to work in the system? It’s better to debate your difference in opinion directly than just make vague negative statements about who-knows how many people on the thread
I disagree. I'm not looking to debate or discredit individuals, and I can't recall specific usernames as it's a long old thread already. I will stick to my general comment, thank you.
Sad to see the usual misogyny re Paula Yates too. Men of course don't have any choice or say in their own relationships once those evil devil women decide to get their claws in. Eyeroll.

Reactions: 21
I got the impression it may have been redecorated before being sold? Maybe someone else lived there for a period of time. Some of the bedrooms look like they belong to preteen girls.

I think it’s a nice house, would have to redecorate as it’s a bit bland but wouldn’t turn it down if it was offered to me!
That’s exactly what I thought. Redecorated and restyled and ‘possibly’ rented out before being sold.

Reactions: 2
Thanks whoever shared the melody Nelson Facebook page... Crazy.. Fell down a rabbit Warren.. From her pal fifi brown there are lots of famous people.. Sophie Ellis bexter... Then her friend list is open.. Lost ages stalking famous peoples Facebook pages...
Which one is it?

Reactions: 5
The families of addicts are often the most neglected part of all this. They want to help so much in my own experience but they often have to navigate so many other things, other children, work and their own household Bill's. I felt the documentary makers of the recent Amy Winehouse documentary had a real axe to grind with Mitch. People forget how towards the end Amy Winehouse could hardly sing and had to be removed off stage. I remember going to see her live at Someset House and unfortunately it was a car crash. She could hardly stand, kept saying I love you Blakey every 5 seconds. I cannot imagine what her family most have had to endure during that time.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I often think about Peaches Geldof, it’s such a waste of a life that she is gone. I think it’s because she was only a few years older than me and she seemed to have her whole life together, I was almost jealous of her lovely kids and her super cool husband. I remember where I was, on the bus, when the news about her death came through, and how shocked I was when the verdict came out that it was heroin.

Anyway, I’ve seen quite a few posts in these forums about her and the strange circumstances surrounding her passing. So I thought maybe I would make a thread for her.

There are a few weird rumours that I have seen on here: this blind which I really can’t believe is true at all?! I heard from a friend of a friend who went to school with Thomas Cohen that is is incredibly nice.

He Killed Her: Apparently, he confessed. He got drunk and confessed. He did so to the sister of the woman he killed who he was also sleeping with. He says he killed her because she was going to leave him and take the kids. So, since she already had issues with drugs, he just gave her a little more while she was already passed out and she never woke up. Apparently the sister is not the first person he confessed to. He also confessed to a celebrity ex-girlfriend who is an ex-girlfriend because he told her. She thought she was the only one sleeping with him while he was married, but he was also sleeping with his wife and his sister-in-law. At this point, the whole family knows, and has known for almost two years that he did it. That he killed this celebrity. So far though, the family is willing to sweep it under the rug for the sake of the kids. They had already come to terms with the death and even though he was the one who added the extra to kill her, they have convinced themselves she would have ended up dead anyway. There is so much drug death in that family.
Thomas Cohen / Peaches Geldof
Sister: Tigerlily or Pixie Geldof
Celebrity ex: Daisy Lowe

A link to this thread has been circulated on here, much of which seems far fetched (do I need a tin hat) https://alternaticity.boards.net/thread/19/strange-twisted-world-peaches-geldof? A lot of the talk at the time, forums etc have been deleted so it’s hard to dig. Not sure if anyone wants to discuss but at least here is a place for it.
I think it’s pixie he has been seen with at the time

Completely agree Tilly that is very common. I know families who have 3 children, one desperately addicted and will steal cheat and pressurise their parents to remortgage their house until it’s a caravan to repay drug debts. Then they have 2 perfectly average law abiding children.
Also, there is a lot of naivety on this thread about how much you can “help” a 24 year old woman. She was an adult with her own life, not a child you can lock in the house.

That’s exactly what I thought. Redecorated and restyled and ‘possibly’ rented out before being sold.
those photos were the from second time it’s been sold since her death, so nothing like what it was when she lived there. But you can see the kitchen and bathrooms are aged so probably the same.

Reactions: 14
Thank you for clarifying that for me i really had no idea i admit it was speculation on my part?
I just presumed because she wasn't breastfeeding and because she was using drugs that a cot would have been a more secure option?
God only knows then her state of mind?
Maybe she just wanted to be close to her son and just discounted the risks of sharing a bed when really she wasn't in the best state to make that decision?
I feel a bit bad for judging her i guess?
I would have put the baby in a cot (but then i tend to be over protective which isn't that great either?) also i don't take drugs (apart from medication for my heart :D ).
Then again who can say how she felt growing up in choas and dysfunctional family dynamics with closet upon closet full of skeletons (look at poor paula and her paternity that her own mother swore blind she did not know who paula's father was she even admitted the possibility of being drugged and raped!)
So many lies and trauma and deceptions and early deaths and confusion and a young mother just trapped in the middle of it who would blame her if she didn't know who she was or ehat she was doing?
Its just an extreme life then as far as i can tell maybe heavily into drugs but as contradictory as it seems heavily into her boys and trying to do whats best.
I guess she was a headstrong passionate woman detirmined to carve out her own life and just not having any guidance or role model's maybe prompted her to ignore others (because maybe she felt like she couldn't trust them they let you down based on her past experience?) and then maybe she just felt like she had to go it alone to a certain extent and over compensated because she was more than a bit loney?
Cut off from most of her friends a young mum in the country having a strained relationship with her dad i get the strong sense that she herself was struggling with feeling abandoned?
She must have been mentally very tired i think and then the lure of the oblivion that drugs bought was just too strong a pull?
I guess when you've been clean and maybe stress could trigger a relapse you could maybe justify it with the pretext oh just this once or i'll just have a bit to keep me going etc etc except that it quickly spirals out of control? Or maybe as pearl lowe said heroin makes you feel blissful and spiritual and at peace so the artificial beauty of it was too much to resist?
Whatever the need or justification i would not blame her for wanting to escape reality sometimes?
Also she had to work to bring in an income so being a young mum and breadwinner as well must have taken its toll?
More than anything i think she must have been burnt out and maybe her body had just reached its limits and couldn't take any more?
Sad indeed because she seemed so strong but sadly strong people sometimes place too much confidence in their own strength and ability to bounce back from the challenges that life throws at them?
I know anyone can feel on their own at any time but she did have her husband. You would have thought that he provided companionship and support to her. Especially as he is supposed to be a nice caring person.
I dont think she did have to work, she would have had a trust fund set up by Bob and Paula. She wasn't a regular person who had to earn a living.

Reactions: 3
They would only have needed to tread very carefully if they were seeking to hide her drug use though. Perhaps they were and she knew that. Peaches, drug user though she was, due to her money and resources probably wouldn’t even have made the terrible parent list, in comparison to what social workers see in other families.
Social Worker here! She had a good support network, husband, family and friends, was a member of a mummy group, and was actively seen to be seeking help while holding down a job and was obviously devoted to her children. Her children were healthy and happy and were adored. We see much much worse cases of children living with drug addicts - and honestly, as awful as it sounds, she probably wasn’t even on the the social work dep radar.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I know anyone can feel on their own at any time but she did have her husband. You would have thought that he provided companionship and support to her. Especially as he is supposed to be a nice caring person.
I dont think she did have to work, she would have had a trust fund set up by Bob and Paula. She wasn't a regular person who had to earn a living.
I'm just going by what i remember reading in the tabloids at the time r.e her work situation and feeling that she had to work because thomas did not have a regular income?
I don't know if bob helped her out or not (maybe) but i think that being a drug user and living beyond her means put a financial strain on things?

Reactions: 9
This!! I’m pretty sure I read in one of the articles he said that they both used when the babies slept!? I’m gonna have to go back and find it now

edited to add image
He’s referring to the spare bedroom. They both used the spare bedroom. Not that they both used drugs. Thomas was always very anti drugs, from what I’d heard.

Reactions: 2
I was going to say similar about Mitch Winehouse. He left the family and barely had anything to do with Amy, leaving her mother to bring her up alone. He came slithering back when she became famous and pushed and pushed her, getting film crews in without her permission and getting her to do this instead of getting help.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.