Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does sound like showing off 🤣 It also sounds like a woman who’s spent her entire life using her sexuality like currency and she doesn’t know how else to appear interesting. Like it was all she had to offer the world. That Burchill column describes a 17 year old Paula at the NME offices, knickerless and legs akimbo, and giving Bob Geldof a blow job within 20 minutes of meeting him. It’s like the groupie mindset never left her. Sad really. She was so damaged.
It’s a big mess and I agree, very sad. That hypersexuality and willingness to debase herself by whatever means in order to make her way in the world, is really indicative of trauma.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve always wondered if Pixie is also Michael Hutchence’s daughter? She looks very much like Tigerlilly and I think she resembles Michael.

Reactions: 12
It’s a big mess and I agree, very sad. That hypersexuality and willingness to debase herself by whatever means in order to make her way in the world, is really indicative of trauma.
But surely Bob debased himself too? Double standards?

Reactions: 7
But surely Bob debased himself too? Double standards?
Not really. The power balance was completely in Bob’s favour. The misogynist trope of ‘predatory groupie’ is almost always used to explain away and excuse crappy, exploitative behaviour by older men in positions of power and influence. These groupies are usually young, starstruck teenage girls, painted by the gutter press as ‘lolitas’ or temptresses. The role and responsibility of the man in the situation is totally ignored or glossed over.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I was a heroin addict for years. I did get clean when I was 19, but quickly relapsed. Nobody knew until I was 25. Honestly I was injecting and smoking heroin, behind my partners back, still working and still studying. You can be totally functional on it. Anybody you look at can be on it and you not realise. Fat, thin, poor, rich, CEOs, bar tenders, mothers in the playground, health care professionals. There is even a charity dedicated to helping drs go to rehab in secret, signed off for ‘stress’. I met an anaesthetist once and he used to use the ‘magic milk’ used after each operation. If you know how to inject properly, & you learn along the way, & needle exchanges are happy to help you (learn) if you rotate areas nobody will notice. Sometimes you will have bruising or swollen hands. Esp if you’ve been smoking crack and then try to inject you make a right mess of yourself. Peaches didn’t have tell tell signs of heroin addiction. Because we don’t all look the same. People do use heroin without being addicted too. I know many of people that only use on pay day for a treat. They are known as giro junkies. However, anybody can be using at any time. I think smoking it gives it away more because you’ll be off your head and end up with black all over your face by itching your nose or black on your front teeth. Btw I’m 4 years clean now. Was just giving my pearls of wisdom regarding peaches and her H use.
Ntothing to add to this as I have no idea about any of this, but well done for staying clean for so long, such an achievment ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It does sound like showing off 🤣 It also sounds like a woman who’s spent her entire life using her sexuality like currency and she doesn’t know how else to appear interesting. Like it was all she had to offer the world. That Burchill column describes a 17 year old Paula at the NME offices, knickerless and legs akimbo, and giving Bob Geldof a blow job within 20 minutes of meeting him. It’s like the groupie mindset never left her. Sad really. She was so damaged.
that’s another something that adds to my theory that paula had bpd..... i had no idea who paula yates was until i was much older, all the tit that happened happened when i was a baby and i’m so glad i’m not one of paula’s contemporaries (the way i am to peaches) to see her decline splashed across the news. i have a deep sense of pity for paula, everything i’ve learned about her has been on tattle. it sounds like she was ruled by her emotions and she probably didn’t even realise that she had an issue because it was so heavily engrained into her.

sorry for the ramble, this whole subject of peaches and paula has given me serious feels ☹☹☹

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve always wondered if Pixie is also Michael Hutchence’s daughter? She looks very much like Tigerlilly and I think she resembles Michael.
Pixie looks a lot like Terrance Trent Darby, who Paula had a fling with 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 11
It gives me feels too @tawdryhepburn
Regardless of having met her a couple of times, I find I think about peaches and paula lot. It's very sad and I know they weren't perfect but they were victims of their environment.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was a heroin addict for years. I did get clean when I was 19, but quickly relapsed. Nobody knew until I was 25. Honestly I was injecting and smoking heroin, behind my partners back, still working and still studying. You can be totally functional on it. Anybody you look at can be on it and you not realise. Fat, thin, poor, rich, CEOs, bar tenders, mothers in the playground, health care professionals. There is even a charity dedicated to helping drs go to rehab in secret, signed off for ‘stress’. I met an anaesthetist once and he used to use the ‘magic milk’ used after each operation. If you know how to inject properly, & you learn along the way, & needle exchanges are happy to help you (learn) if you rotate areas nobody will notice. Sometimes you will have bruising or swollen hands. Esp if you’ve been smoking crack and then try to inject you make a right mess of yourself. Peaches didn’t have tell tell signs of heroin addiction. Because we don’t all look the same. People do use heroin without being addicted too. I know many of people that only use on pay day for a treat. They are known as giro junkies. However, anybody can be using at any time. I think smoking it gives it away more because you’ll be off your head and end up with black all over your face by itching your nose or black on your front teeth. Btw I’m 4 years clean now. Was just giving my pearls of wisdom regarding peaches and her H use.
Hi! Thanks for this, I've done a few drugs in my time, mainly E's in my clubbing days, coke, MDMA, weed. How does H make you feel? Would she have been taking it each day? 27 of methadone stashed, how does that make you feel?

Reactions: 6
The results of the inquest: https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

I followed Peaches on Instagram for a couple of years before she died, and I was shocked to find out that she was a heroin addict. I totally believed her Earth Mother persona and attachment parenting way of life. I was fascinated with how they seemed to manage so well with two young sons under 2, and she was seemingly so honest on Instagram with the struggles of getting hardly any sleep, the mountains of pooey nappies etc. A few things that I have noted, and a few things I have wondered about:

1) Thomas Cohen's parents are both social workers. That makes it even harder to understand why baby P was brought to Peaches on the Saturday.
2) There is NO WAY you can live in the same house and parent two babies with a heroin addict and not know. Heroin is far from a subtle drug, and not only would Thomas have noticed that she was high, she also had a significant amount of needle marks on wrists and arms at the time of her death. He knew.
3) Saying that, how could he have left an 11 month old in her care?
4) Bob Geldof knew about her drug problems, this is why he didn't have any contact with her and her family the years before her death. On Instagram, she would reply that he had made the choice not to have any contact but would not say why, if people asked her about her dad. Cue people saying nasty things about Bob, for being "judgemental" etc.
5) She claimed on Instagram that the reason why she didn't breastfeed either baby was due to being hypothyroid and needing to take medicine for it. I have hypothyroidism, and taking levothyroxine is not dangerous in the slightest to a fetus or a breastfeeding baby. Opiates obviously are though.
I always thought there were a few things that didn't add up after reading the results of the inquest. You're right about Thomas Cohen and his parents. It makes no sense whatsoever. And why did they have the older baby? Why did they let her have the younger one on her own? She may have manipulated them but something just doesn't add up about the last 24 hours of her life. They were obviously trying to stay in contact with her but the moment she stopped answering her phone why didn't they make an effort to get to Wrotham? Why didn't they call the police to do a wellness check? I don't think she was meant to have care of the children alone and may have worried they would have been in the sh*t. Tbh they probably should have had their knuckles wrapped over that.

Sad that Bob was thrown under a bus by Peaches as well.

There is absolutely no way she was doing attachment parenting as a heroin addict. I'm pretty sure they must have had a nanny or hired help with the kids.

If she was on hypothyroid medication it would explain the weight loss I guess?

Reactions: 9
My husband is from Faversham and Bob Geldof is not liked around the area, he is a bit of a twit, his aunt still lives very close to bobs estate.
Also Faversham is known for heroin, it’s the local drug of choice according to the husband!
It's absolutely stunning isn't it? Shame Kent is so Brexit-y. I think a lot of people think it's just London that's druggy. A lot of these places are worse, probably because there's not a lot to do. I've been offered coke at a party in Dorset!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Two different articles, he'd apparently confronted her and they'd previously flushed some down the toilet. Both times they were in the loft. It all also says different places the puncture wounds were. Anyone know about how much 6.9g is? Also 27 methadone bottles. Don't know much about how much you use. Didn't think they could have a supply of 27 bottles.

I thought methadone was dispensed one dose at a time?

Hi! Thanks for this, I've done a few drugs in my time, mainly E's in my clubbing days, coke, MDMA, weed. How does H make you feel? Would she have been taking it each day? 27 of methadone stashed, how does that make you feel?
Depends if she has a dependance or not. If she does she would be using around every 4/5 hours or she would become ill. If she was just using to treat herself, well she could use whenever she wanted and it would last 4/5 hrs, people usually recreationally use in the evening as it relaxing. I’m not sure if you mean you’ve got 27mls of methadone stashed or her 🙈 but to an experienced and dependant user, 27mls is below the starting dose. The starting dose is usually 30mls. However if you do not have a dependance or are not an experienced user 30mls can kill you off. I know a lot of inexperienced opiate users die by using methadone by trying to come down from a crack binge. It’s a very dangerous medication to a novice. So it’s hard to say how or why she used. But your H tolerance levels go down very quickly in just days. So who knows.

Reactions: 10
I always thought there were a few things that didn't add up after reading the results of the inquest. You're right about Thomas Cohen and his parents. It makes no sense whatsoever. And why did they have the older baby? Why did they let her have the younger one on her own? She may have manipulated them but something just doesn't add up about the last 24 hours of her life. They were obviously trying to stay in contact with her but the moment she stopped answering her phone why didn't they make an effort to get to Wrotham? Why didn't they call the police to do a wellness check? I don't think she was meant to have care of the children alone and may have worried they would have been in the sh*t. Tbh they probably should have had their knuckles wrapped over that.

Sad that Bob was thrown under a bus by Peaches as well.

There is absolutely no way she was doing attachment parenting as a heroin addict. I'm pretty sure they must have had a nanny or hired help with the kids.

If she was on hypothyroid medication it would explain the weight loss I guess?
Especially as Thomas's father is a social worker for Lewisham it seems.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.