Peaches Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought methadone was dispensed one dose at a time?
OH 27 bottles. Well if you have been on a methadone program for a long time and have proved responsible with no relapses on H or any other drug you can be allowed a weeks worth at a time. But it’s to be noted that you can buy methadone on the street like you can heroin. So maybe she did that. Not every user on a methadone program is the same. For example because my chemist shut on a sunday, I was given more methadone than usual to cover the next day.

Reactions: 8
A thought bothering me is if she was doing attachment parenting & bed-sharing then Phaedra wasn’t even in a cot when she died but a double bed & so had the potential to be walking around at least the bedroom, if not the house, & the capacity for real harm to him was there?
Also, he must have been starving.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Thats a good point.

I’m trying to imagine what it must have been like to be a Daisy or a Peaches growing up. To have money and privilege but a tit, chaotic home life. I wouldn’t swap places with them for all the money in the world. I remember reading Pearl’s account of taking cocaine in labour (or immediately after) with one of her kids. Horrific.

What do people think about the rumours that one or more of the Geldof sisters was fathered by someone else? They certainly all look very, very different (although it’s not a given that siblings always look similar, I know... it’s just interesting).
My kids have the same dad. They look very different. Different colouring and body shapes. But..one looks like me, the other like his dad.

There are so many conflicting accounts though (most of them from Paula tbf). There’s a bit on YouTube about that interview, where PY and Jools Holland are looking back at it, and she says that MH asked her back to his hotel room after the interview and she told him ‘I can’t, I’ve got a baby’

I agree that she absolutely went after him. But the narrative seems to be that MH just couldn’t say no, ‘poor Michael, what a stalker she was’. But he was a willing partner to begin with (you only have to see their chemistry on the Big Breakfast interview for that, however cringe you find it. He couldn’t take his eyes off her).

He could’ve always turned her down. He knew she was married and he and Bob Geldof were allegedly friends. He has to take some share of the blame
I find this quite interesting because I really hate any sort misogyny and I think women get a really bad rap for basically behaving like a man. Angie Bowie being a good example. She gets absolutely villified but she didn't do anything that men regularly get away with, including David Bowie. But I have seen groupies in action and believe me when I say, they're not victims. They will tit on absolutely anyone to get what they want. They will also befriend and cling to anyone that they think can get them something. It's brutal. I would never portray Michael Hutchence as a victim but I personally don't feel he had much interest in Paula outside of having convenient sex with her. Interesting that her story is she said she turned him down because she had a baby and not a husband!

Reactions: 16
Hey I’m new to the thread. I certainly had no interest in Peaches in any seriousness but followed loosely due to media etc.

I believe she was a very troubled person. Not only did she lose her mum in such a tragic way, but also very publicly. I could not imagine trying to live a life where I am constantly being compared and associated with my parents just because they are famous. Good or bad parents, she had a turbulent childhood/adolescence that led to some very bad choices later on.

Maybe she just wanted to be noticed, maybe she didn’t and it was an escape. Maybe she wanted to be normal, maybe she wanted to ‘just forget’. Either way, she can’t possibly have been in the best mental state she could have been.

By no means am I blaming/excusing mental health issues as an excuse but surely she must have had issues. How could she not?!

However, I do believe that taking heroin is a choice. Getting addicted to alcohol, gambling etc is different. It becomes something fun/sociable to an addiction very quickly. Heroin is not fun or sociable. It is quite often used as a way to forget.

I have sympathy for Peaches as she did not choose her early years, I lose SOME sympathy for her as she did choose to go down a dark path. Rightly or wrongly at the time...
I would think it incredibly rare to begin a drug addiction with heroin. Most users are already mired in problematic drug use before they progress to heroin. So to have sympathy for someone who gambles or drinks or takes coke, but not someone who takes heroin is a little unfair.
Addiction is addiction is addiction.

I know someone who looks down on his sister with contempt because she has an alcohol and coke problem. He has a gambling problem and his wife has paid over £100k of debts from his gambling. He absolutely can’t see that he is as fucked as his sister.
Heroin isn’t the cause of addiction. It’s the drug a lot of addicts find when they are already there or teetering on the edge.

Reactions: 28
I reckon their sex life was crazy wild since he was certainly no slouch in that department himself. Paula said the first time they were together (like together together) he did at least six things in the first thirty minutes she was sure were illegal, including something involving an oyster...
You can definitely go bonkers over a sexual obsession. And let's face it, Michael Hutchence would have 100% delivered!! It was just gross the way she used to bang on about their sex life though.

Reactions: 13
I would like to see your evidence that the safe sleep 7 reduces SIDS risk. The largest meta analysis I have seen stated bedsharing increases SIDS risk by 5 times even in the absence of the three major risk factors.
I thought she meant that following those guidelines reduce the chance of SIDS if you are co-sleeping. Not that co-sleeping reduces the risk of SIDS.
That is just how I read it.

Reactions: 4
My friend is white and her husband is dual heritage. Her kids look white with dark hair and brown eyes.
Same with me- I’m mixed race- husband is white- all the kids look white. It happens. In fact I looked nothing like my mum and people used to ask her if was actually her kid 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I thought that right before Michael died that he had had an argument with Bob Geldof on the phone regarding his refusal to let his children accompany Paula and Tiger to Australia. Assuming that’s true, then they were still together. I also remember that Bob was blamed as a reason for Michael’s death for that reason.
I remember that too

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The results of the inquest: https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

I followed Peaches on Instagram for a couple of years before she died, and I was shocked to find out that she was a heroin addict. I totally believed her Earth Mother persona and attachment parenting way of life. I was fascinated with how they seemed to manage so well with two young sons under 2, and she was seemingly so honest on Instagram with the struggles of getting hardly any sleep, the mountains of pooey nappies etc. A few things that I have noted, and a few things I have wondered about:

1) Thomas Cohen's parents are both social workers. That makes it even harder to understand why baby P was brought to Peaches on the Saturday.
2) There is NO WAY you can live in the same house and parent two babies with a heroin addict and not know. Heroin is far from a subtle drug, and not only would Thomas have noticed that she was high, she also had a significant amount of needle marks on wrists and arms at the time of her death. He knew.
3) Saying that, how could he have left an 11 month old in her care?
4) Bob Geldof knew about her drug problems, this is why he didn't have any contact with her and her family the years before her death. On Instagram, she would reply that he had made the choice not to have any contact but would not say why, if people asked her about her dad. Cue people saying nasty things about Bob, for being "judgemental" etc.
5) She claimed on Instagram that the reason why she didn't breastfeed either baby was due to being hypothyroid and needing to take medicine for it. I have hypothyroidism, and taking levothyroxine is not dangerous in the slightest to a fetus or a breastfeeding baby. Opiates obviously are though.
His dads a social worker, she was self medicating with 2 young children chances are she’d take what she’d measured out then go to bed. You can literally inject into any vein on your body, some even inject between their toes either to hide track marks or because they have collapsed all the other veins so definitely easy enough to hide. I think the thing I don’t understand is he knew she’d been using so why leave the baby with her and why leave her so long when he couldn’t get hold of her.

Reactions: 17
According to the inquest, Thomas found text messages on Peaches's mobile phone in February 2014 (she died in the beginning of April 2014), which indicated that she had started using again. He then confronted her, after which she got £500 worth of gear out of the loft, and flushed it down the toilet in front of him, to demonstrate her willingness to stop. He said he believed she never actually stopped though. When the house was searched after her death, they found heroin and paraphernalia (syringes, needles, citric acid etc) in the loft and in various places throughout the house, wardrobes, cupboards etc. I just find it absolutely extraordinary that he never felt the need to search the house (or at least the loft!) again after the February incident. It just seems naive, bordering on careless, especially considering that they lived there with two toddlers. Apparently some of the drugs/needles were found stashed in sweetie boxes. The risk of the children finding those boxes thinking they were sweets was a real one!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I find this quite interesting because I really hate any sort misogyny and I think women get a really bad rap for basically behaving like a man. Angie Bowie being a good example. She gets absolutely villified but she didn't do anything that men regularly get away with, including David Bowie. But I have seen groupies in action and believe me when I say, they're not victims. They will tit on absolutely anyone to get what they want. They will also befriend and cling to anyone that they think can get them something. It's brutal. I would never portray Michael Hutchence as a victim but I personally don't feel he had much interest in Paula outside of having convenient sex with her. Interesting that her story is she said she turned him down because she had a baby and not a husband!
Angie's own son doesn't speak to her so I think she did more than you might think

Reactions: 5
Co-sleeping is natural though. When breastfeeding mothers sleep alongside their babies, the baby sleeps at breast level and is protected from bedsheets etc by the mother's arms. The baby and mother wake up to nurse and go back to sleep at the same time. Whereas non-breastfed babies are usually placed with their heads on the pillows and body under the duvet, and these are the babies likely to end up suffocated.
As always the do sleeping debate is somewhat hysterical but it’s worth pointing out that SIDS is incredibly rare.

I think we can all agree that a drug user shouldn’t co sleep, but plenty of people drink alcohol and have their babies in their beds

Reactions: 9
The fact that she was so into the attachment parenting means those poor bairns must have been so perplexed for such a long time when she passed. They went from being with her pretty much 24/7 to her being completely absent.
yes she clearly wasn’t really an attachment parent, the whole thing about thomas taking them away for a couple of nights and the grandfather bringing one back alone, her being in London at a friends the night before etc shows she wasn’t attachment parenting. She was happy to be away from them overnight regularly which isn’t AP especially at their young ages

Reactions: 21
yes she clearly wasn’t really an attachment parent, the whole thing about thomas taking them away for a couple of nights and the grandfather bringing one back alone, her being in London at a friends the night before etc shows she wasn’t attachment parenting. She was happy to be away from them overnight regularly which isn’t AP especially at their young ages
Wasn't breastfeeding either.

Reactions: 7
And she gets absolutely villified for it like she's a serial killer. I've seen her be interviewed by people out for her blood. That would never happen to a man.
Well, I'll give you that. Similar in the way Britney Spears was strung up when she split with Justin Timberlake and he was seen as a hero Because he took her virginity

• Sick
Reactions: 16
It was reported that Tom found her slumped over the bed in a spare bedroom he then said he went to look for his son, so he must have been in another room. It also was reported that he got rid of the drugs before the police arrived but in other articles it says the police removed drugs from the scene.
It all points to a tragic accident though, it most likely wasn't intentional and she must have believed she would have come round and tended to her child.
Posting a picture of her mother and her just before this happened has always left me wondering about her state of mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I really liked Paula, felt very sad for her family when she couldn’t seem to get her life together and then died so suddenly. I loved her on the tube and then the Big Breakfast. I’m sure I vaguely remember a Chanel 4 show called sex on the bed? Where she interviewed celebrities about their sex lives. I’m sure I read she was having an affair with Terrence Trent D’arby for years and Finlay Quaye around the same time. Late eighties/early nineties. When I see photos of Pixie I just think she looks so much like Terrence Trent D’arby.

Angie's own son doesn't speak to her so I think she did more than you might think
Angie has said Duncan never wanted to know because she couldn't provide the lifestyle and the money that David could do. That was the issue. If that's correct it says more about Duncan than her.
Its a miracle that Peaches son was O.K. after being left for hours by himself. He could have burned the house down or had a bad accident etc.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.