Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsLucas

VIP Member
peaches definitely seemed to be a Paul mini me.

fifi, being the eldest, seemed to have bourne the brunt of being exposed to a lot of Paulas erratic behaviour and distanced herself when she was still pretty young.

Peaches always seemed to idolise her mum and took after her in looks, temperament and how she played out her life in many ways (chasing after men, egocentric, drug addiction, manipulative)

pixie definitely seems like a very different character. Their approach to motherhood and their private life is vastly different - Peaches was happy to do photo shoots and court Public attention for her wedding, with her children and used to write a column detailing private things from her health to family holidays.

by contrast, pixie seems a lot more grounded. Other than being involved with a man in his 30s when she was a teen, her love life at face value seems a lot more stable than Peaches. And she’s much, much more private. She’s never publicly confirmed when her daughter was born or her name. She seems to keep a small, close circle and has been with her husband a long time now.

I always thought it was pretty telling that, despite being brought up by Bob in the U.K., tiger ultimately chose to move to Australia and live her life there. She doesn’t seem to have any of the propensity to drama that Bob-Paula-Peaches had going on.
Yeah exactly!! I do wonder if things would be different if peaches wasn’t gone but doubtful m. Her husbands the same v v private and I can’t fault them. It’s refreshing to see somebody famous so private. She shares what she wants the public to see. I know pixie isn’t an A list celeb but there’s public interest.

Reactions: 4

Eirawen

VIP Member
Peaches had a very long face as well though. Peaches and Fifi look like each other and both their parents imo. The other two not even necessarily look like their half sisters. Neither of them resembles Paula, although maybe they just don’t facewise but bodywise.
Peaches had the same shaped face as Paula but had something of Bob's expression rather than his features

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I stand corrected! It just feels like a song you'd write for the living not the dead but maybe it was capturing a previous conversation as implied. As Bono also sang at Paula's funeral it just felt like a better fit. Thanks for the additional info :+)
No worries! I know what you mean, it’s such an encouraging song (maybe more musically than lyrically though). I didn’t know he sang it at her funeral, that can’t have been easy for him.

despair

Chatty Member
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. No decent father would allow his recently bereaved children to live in an annexe without parental guidance, imo. One thing, on its own, such as a child with addiction issues doesn't scream bad parent to me but all of the things I mentioned, combined, are suggestive of extremely neglectful parenting. Also, TL's father may have been born in Australia but her mother was born in the UK and she grew up here, with her sisters and still chose to leave, that's extremely telling, to me.
Oh right I didn’t realise he put them in the annexe at 9&11 when Paula died. That would be poor parenting obviously, I hadn’t seen anything to suggest that and read it was when they were sixth form and older.
I know plenty of people who travelled post 20 and set up homes elsewhere, including moving to uk and have great relationships with their families. So perhaps we know very different kinds of people.

Reactions: 3

femmegirly

Chatty Member
I don’t understand why it would be irrelevant though? It’s widely reported to be at the start of their relationship. So how does a 17 year old without a job, living in a squat in London with no family support, pay to travel to Paris in 1976? I wonder if it was paid for by Geldof or his management. These bands flew their preferred groupies/girlfriends around the world to be with them. Yates didn’t get her first journalism job until 1979 so probably had very limited funds.

Last edited:

despair

Chatty Member
I think the Bono claims to have cut them off were loudly derided as bullshit, he just didn’t want to piss off Bob by agreeing to be Tigerlilys godfather. He was doing drugs with them by all accounts, plus if he was really concerned about the kids he’d have accepted wouldn’t he?
Well quoting celebrities seems fairly pointless although Bono seems annoyingly alive and very well with kids also doing very well and a happy marriage, and Paula and Micheal died from drugs very soon after, so you know, there’s not really much to discuss.
Regarding being godfather, well I’d imagine in those circles it’s all about pomp and showing off and no one really cares. I genuinely have no idea whether they did cut them off due to drug use or whether they didn’t want to upset Bob, lots of people are dead from drug addiction and lots being accused of the same, are not.

---

(I mean myself btw quoting celebrities! There’s enough evidence without!)

cosmo girl

VIP Member
She flirted with every guy but with Michael, it was ramped up to 100. The Tube interview isn't as steamy as the BB one but you could clearly see the chemistry. Watching this, I do think it's possible they got together long before BB.

I have to agree about there being a chance he is Pixie's real dad. When they were younger, Tiger and she were very similar in my opinion, and with how much Tiger resembles Michael, I honestly wouldn't bet against it.

I think Tiger also resembles Bob 👀 They have similar looks which could explain why they look like Michael and Bob. I thought Michael was more the flirt in the 1985 interview and Paula in the BB interview. Maybe Paula didn't flirt as much because Bob was standing next to Michael in that 1985 interview.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Yes there does seem to he a lot of e
widowers who have relationships with their wives best friend!
Caroline Flack's boyfriend hooked up with one of her close friends and they have subsequently had a baby.

Is Tom dating anyone now, does anyone know?