Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Paula left Bob for Michael it was all over the press and back in the mid 90s before a million channels and streaming services you couldn’t really avoid it. It was fascinating in a car crash kind of way. I remember how shocked I was when Michael died. It’s weird I wasn’t a fan of his but I can remember exactly where I was when I heard. I guess it’s because it was so unexpected. When Paula died I wasn’t surprised and in all honesty didn’t feel much sympathy for her at the time as I just saw her as someone who was shockingly selfish who had prioritised a man and drugs in front of caring for her kids. I thought Peaches was a precocious brat but I was really sad when she died in such a similar way to her Mum as I thought of how young she was when her Mum died and how damaging it must have been.

I think exploring toxic relationship dynamics fascinates a lot of people, often because they are trying to make sense of their own experiences.

I am not sure that I agree that Michael was a dark character. It seems that people always spoke very highly of him and that his brain damage really changed who he was. The talk of the dark sex stuff came from Paula and I think she was constantly trying to prove to everyone how amazing and unique their love and sex life was. I take all that stuff with a bucket full of salt.
honestly, it just sounds like she’d had a dull sex life having been with Bob from a young age and who was someone who represented safety and security rather than sexual chemistry and desire.

Sounds to me like she was blown away by the first guy who was into giving her oral tbh
---
I liked the theory someone posted about Paula putting the sex stuff out there to send a message to other women and ex’s. Interesting view Point, like she’s marking her territory.
There’s hot men I’d fancy a chance with but not if Ihad to have seafood up my chuff or sedate myself! Surely that would also put women who didn’t yet know him, right off.
interesting take. a lot of people felt she called the paps on herself and Michael as a way to twist his arm to go public with her and finish his relationship with Helena.
And it worked. Helena saw the pictures of Michael and Paula and broke up with him over the phone, allegedly he was very cut up about it.

Reactions: 13
I remember both Hughie Green, 'and I mean that most sincerely ' and Jess Yates presenting Stars on Sunday. I think the first time I heard of Paul's was when I read an article on her in the News of the World's Sunday supplement, and saying she was Bob's girlfriend.

I remember when the Tube started, and seeing her on that, reading articles in the Press that she'd written, and just generally following what she'd been up to, as in marriage and her kids, etc. I never really liked her, but in those days her and Bob were everywhere, so it was difficult to avoid knowing about them.

The drugs in the Smarties tube shocked me at the time, as did Michael and her dying.
I felt sorry for Bob, and admired him for taking on TL.

I find the family both tragic and fascinating

Reactions: 14
I am Irish and was a young child during live aid. That would have been my first awareness of Bob Geldof. I found Paula interesting and loved that she got married in a red dress so anti establishment or so I thought in my innocent mind. I think the children’s names made them instantly recognisable and memorable so that I would remember everything I ever read about them. A vibrant colourful family.

When Paula interviewed Micheal on the bed it was almost uncomfortable to watch the sexual chemistry was palpable. I found the whole demise of each of them very sad and sordid in a way and of course my heart went out to all of the girls.

Peaches courted publicity and attention therefore she was always on my radar and I found her utterly irritating until she became a mother. Again her poor poor babies are whom i really felt for after she passed. All in all the dysfunctional dynamics of this family are fascinating to my curious mind.

PS: Kylie Minogue did say at some stage that her relationship with Michael was a sexual awakening for her.

PPS: I always got the impression that Bob smells of piss.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I was trying to think of an equivalent set of people so interesting these days and can't tbh.
Has social media killed all that? We could only get glimpses of the goings on through TV and newspapers which made it more intriguing. If it was going on now I imagine Paula would have a carefully curated IG life and there might be less press intrusion.
Plus to be blunt, Paula and Michael dying, then poor Peaches, with the echoes of her mother, give it all a Greek tragedy quality.

Reactions: 24
I was trying to think of an equivalent set of people so interesting these days and can't tbh.
Has social media killed all that? We could only get glimpses of the goings on through TV and newspapers which made it more intriguing. If it was going on now I imagine Paula would have a carefully curated IG life and there might be less press intrusion.
Plus to be blunt, Paula and Michael dying, then poor Peaches, with the echoes of her mother, give it all a Greek tragedy quality.
Nowadays the media has to be very careful in their reporting due to injunctions and the threat of being sued so there wouldn’t be as many salacious details out in the public domain. Plus with PR and media training all involved in these scenarios would be coached carefully to fit the narrative that would earn them the most money from their own personal brands etc. Life is so filtered these days we rarely see the raw honesty of peoples lives.

Reactions: 16
Actually the guys still live in east London!
thing is, back at the time BB was sooooo much fun and soooo hectic that Paula was about the least interesting thing about it. Also, the house was next to the canal and for some reason that meant some of the toilets flushed with canal water, that’s the most behind-the-scenes info I can tell you.
Wasn’t the address 2 Lock Keepers Cottage?!

Reactions: 7
Wasn’t the address 2 Lock Keepers Cottage?!
Are you like me, to this day I can still remember the full Big Breakfast address because the presenters and all the crew would shout it out every morning?!

“The Big Breakfast! 2 Lock Keepers Cottages! OLD FORD LOCK! London, E3 TWO N! N!“

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Michael was very sexual and adventurous as well documented by everyone who ever knew him, even his own brother. but I think someone investigating his death asked all his exes if he did dangerous things in sex they all said no. I remember reading that Michael was more into the famous Sting type of love making - all the senses being stimulated and taken to a new level with stroking feathers, blindfolds and 3somes. Gerry claimed MH had put on a rubber suit and asked Paula to peg him with an huge dildo and they took Polaroids of it. I often think Paula was exaggerating a lot of what went on, she needed money as was in a load of debt so IMO she sold MH’s privacy down the river to the highest bidder. I don’t think MH was horrible and no one has ever said much bad about him. He was painfully shy in actual fact and quiet and growing up he was not a cool or cocky guy. He seemed to get on better with women as he was a soft/gentle type of person. Even in interviews you can see hes really calm, quietly spoken and measured. Paula talked bullshit at 10000mph.

Mh was afraid TL was going to be taken from him. He had ‘somehow’ become convinced BG, SS or his family was going to take her away from him and Paula. It does not help the press started making out like this was a possibility when all BG was doing was stopping his OWN kids going. I have always believed that Paula wanted him to be against Bob, so she turned him that way by lying to him and winding him up, and MH stepped up to ‘protect’ her. But she was doing a lot of the winding up of Bob, gossiping to journos, selling stories, fibs and lies to make herself look better, trying to get their friends to help. Bob and MH were not natural enemies and MH was not naturally inclined to make them. PY needed MH to be on her side. Alice Evans reminds me of PY - manipulative.

I’m not even such a huge fan of Mh but something was clearly very wrong, he had never looked worse since he met her, he aged 10 years in a short while and the post mortem showed his body in bad shape and health (aside from his injuries he had a deep cigarette burn in his finger which was so bad it was down to the bone).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I always imagine Bob would be dreadful to live with tbh. Not intentionally unkind, but Paula once said he never changed a baby's nappy and left all of that care to her (and probably the nanny). She wasn't complaining and seemed to find it amusing. He always seemed a bit humourless and selfish tbh.
Thinking about it he and Paula were a very unlikely couple. Why she set her cap at him so hard is baffling really. I always thought it was a bit naff of him describing her giving him a blowie in a taxi in his autobiography.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Are you like me, to this day I can still remember the full Big Breakfast address because the presenters and all the crew would shout it out every morning?!

“The Big Breakfast! 2 Lock Keepers Cottages! OLD FORD LOCK! London, E3 TWO N! N!“
Brilliant! I thought I was good remembering the 2 Lock Keepers Cottages bit! I wonder whats in there now….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I remember seeing some terrible pics of PY and MH shortly before he died. She looked greasy haired and spotty and he looked just as bad. Can’t find them now though! They looked sadly like 2 druggies!

• Sad
Reactions: 9

081 811 8181 for going live fans!
---
Brilliant! I thought I was good remembering the 2 Lock Keepers Cottages bit! I wonder whats in there now….
One big house worth £6mil
they used it for the Big Breakfast special when c4 did Black to front the other year

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thought I’d wandered into the wring thread here.
It is Harry and Meghan no?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I always thought there were so many similarities between Bob Geldof’s family and Jonathon Ross’s family…daughters with stupid names, the colourful, eccentric mother having affairs, the parents taking the kids on the red carpet at every opportunity, the apparent lack of rules, drugs etc.

Also, I went down a Peaches Geldof rabbit hole and was reminded of a time a friend’s underage sister was found half-naked, under a blanket with Donny Tourette at a party. Quite a few similar stories about him back then.
---
I always thought there were so many similarities between Bob Geldof’s family and Jonathon Ross’s family…daughters with stupid names, the colourful, eccentric mother having affairs, the parents taking the kids on the red carpet at every opportunity, the apparent lack of rules, drugs etc.

Also, I went down a Peaches Geldof rabbit hole and was reminded of a time a friend’s underage sister was found half-naked, under a blanket with Donny Tourette at a party. Quite a few similar stories about him back then.
Just reading about The Ross’s marriage and they met and started dating when Jane was 16 and Jonathan was 26, and got married 2 years later. Gross.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
How old was Bob when he got with 17 year old Paula?
I think he was 25 🤢

I just read that when a guest on Loose Women, Johnathan said that when he was with Jane, early in their relationship when she was a teenager, he was a father figure as well as her lover.

I feel sick. That family need their own thread. Can someone make one so I can stop derailing this thread?

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.