Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he was a very spiteful man. He also sued PY for custody of the children after MH died. They had been separated for a number of years at this point and he still wanted to stick the knife in, rather than be friendly and try to help the mother of his children through her clear turmoil. I get that much of the suffering she was going through was self inflicted but he showed no empathy or care for the woman he was supposed to have loved. I wouldn't expect him to have been the bigger person, ordinarily, but for the fact PY was bereaved, all the stuff with Hughie Green and the press going after her. He could have taken a step back at that moment, rather than pushing forward. He is notoriously tight so I think it could have been motivated by not wanting to pay child support
Spiteful? Paula was known to be a heavy drug user and he sued for custody of his kids? She actually died using drugs with her child present?
---
It was Jerry Hall who announced the engagement as she had been at Peaches funeral as she’s Jeanne’s friend. They were married a year after Peaches died and I find nothing wrong with that. Life goes on..
Bob actually said he would never remarry. Apparently Peaches dying was what made him decide to marry as you just never know what may happen in life and to try to bring family together.

Reactions: 17
What proof is there that they lived in an annexe at such a young age? I don’t believe it for a second.

I posted this earlier

Reactions: 9
I don’t know, I was not a PY fan, knew little of MH and just a bit about BG. But given both PY and MH were selfish heavy drug users (notoriously so in their circles) I really can’t see all the stuff about Bob being an awful parent being true? None of the girls have ever dissed him and my kids have a tit mean selfish dad and they would never been seen comfortably hugging him (and there’s many pics of Bob with different kids hugging and touching) I’m sure he was not perfect, but I understood he wanted their house with the kids in it and Paula to leave.

Reactions: 14
I am torn over Bob. He has a saintly image but there's plenty of contradictory evidence, not least TL leaving the fam behind. I can imagine he is tight. Where does he get his money from?? Royalties these days from Do They Know it's Christmas, surely?
I've always wondered this, my late father used to say he pocketed some of the charity money as his wealth didn't match the Boomtown Rats success, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 7
Talking about the misogyny and how things used to be viewed I hated the fact that Paula was painted as a groupie who persistently pursued Bob when she was only a kid of about 17 when they got together.

I wonder why Paula married Bob. They were married for 9 years when she left him and during that time she had a 1 year affair with Terrence Trent Darby and a 6 year affair with Rupert Everett. It was also rumoured that Paula and Michael were together for months before she left. So she was basically having affairs for pretty much the whole of their marriage. I wonder if she cheated before the wedding?

Reactions: 14
I don’t know, I was not a PY fan, knew little of MH and just a bit about BG. But given both PY and MH were selfish heavy drug users (notoriously so in their circles) I really can’t see all the stuff about Bob being an awful parent being true? None of the girls have ever dissed him and my kids have a tit mean selfish dad and they would never been seen comfortably hugging him (and there’s many pics of Bob with different kids hugging and touching) I’m sure he was not perfect, but I understood he wanted their house with the kids in it and Paula to leave.
It would have been by far the most sensible and decent way to have dealt with things. Instead they ended up in some bizarre house swap?

I think MH had some serious financial issues long before he met PY. I wouldn’t let my partner beg their ex for food shopping money if I was me let alone if I was worth £30 million.

Reactions: 13
it just all sounds so awful. All these people who want to be famous and look up to celebrities and it’s all just horrible. Makes me wonder about the Primrose Hill lot and when Jude Law and Sadie Frost’s little daughter ate the ecstasy pill at a party.

Tbf family relationships are complex. I’ve seen adults put their parents on a pedestal and crave their love and affection even if they were terrible parents.

Reactions: 19
I've always wondered this, my late father used to say he pocketed some of the charity money as his wealth didn't match the Boomtown Rats success, if that makes sense.
I think it's just that people associate him with music and don't realise he worked in television. He had a tv production company which was sold for a lot, I think it was somehow linked with the survivor series that went global and would surely have royalties, and presumably financial advisors and investments on hand too. I'd say he's quite a wealthy man, and the bulk of that wealth generated after his music career.

I think it's just that people associate him with music and don't realise he worked in television. He had a tv production company which was sold for a lot, I think it was somehow linked with the survivor series that went global and would surely have royalties, and presumably financial advisors and investments on hand too. I'd say he's quite a wealthy man, and the bulk of that wealth generated after his music career.
Iirc was he not one of the first to start selling holidays on the internet?

Reactions: 3

I posted this earlier
But that’s when they were teenagers not when they were 9 as someone said. Also it clearly states it’s not a separate annexe but a flat with a spiral staircase between both flats.

Personally if I had room to do it, I would let my teenagers live in a separate part of our house as they’re annoying little buggers 🤭

• Haha
Your father was labouring under a false impression. As BashmentLady said, most of his money cake from investments, esp television (his company owned The Big Breakfast, among other) and tech. He was always business savvy- the reason he left Ireland to begin with was because he couldn’t a bank to loan him a small sum of money to develop what eventually became Buy & Sell.

Reactions: 10
But that’s when they were teenagers not when they were 9 as someone said. Also it clearly states it’s not a separate annexe but a flat with a spiral staircase between both flats.

Personally if I had room to do it, I would let my teenagers live in a separate part of our house as they’re annoying little buggers 🤭
In the article, Peaches is 17, Carson says that she stopped letting her daughter stay there 4 years ago, Peaches would have been 13 then. Carson also says the nanny would go away for the weekend and the girls were left to their own devices. No one on here said any of the girls were 9 when they lived in the annexe someone was using hyperbole in response to something I said

In the article, Peaches is 17, Carson says that she stopped letting her daughter stay there 4 years ago, Peaches would have been 13 then. Carson also says the nanny would go away for the weekend and the girls were left to their own devices. No one on here said any of the girls were 9 when they lived in the annexe someone was using hyperbole in response to something I said
Think Carson is the daughter and you mean her mother Sophie Parkin who kept selling stories. No wonder Bob threatened her with legal letters.

Attachments

Bob’s family were well off and he went to private school, he’s not short of money and never has been, always had business interests going on in the background.

Reactions: 12
Slightly different topic, but I’m curious what everyone thinks. Why is this thread so interesting?
It’s all basically old news, but it’s a very active thread. I guess the Paula Yates documentary helped, but even before then there‘s a lot of discussion.

I think it could be because so many different topics are covered. Multiple generations. Looking at media from the past in a new way.

I wonder if it’s human nature to try and make sense of a tragedy?

Reactions: 25
Slightly different topic, but I’m curious what everyone thinks. Why is this thread so interesting?
It’s all basically old news, but it’s a very active thread. I guess the Paula Yates documentary helped, but even before then there‘s a lot of discussion.

I think it could be because so many different topics are covered. Multiple generations. Looking at media from the past in a new way.

They seem to be a very charismatic family. I remember, when I was a teen (though slightly older than Peaches and Pixie) or even early 20s, that they were the coolest tit out there, I wanted to follow them in the media and make them my ultimate fashion goals. I’m not from the UK, but always was quite anglophile, so they embodied the Cool Britannia of that time for me. Later I discovered Peaches‘ insta and followed closely. Through comments under her pictures about some „Tiger“, unknown to me then, I researched and learned all about their family history. I have to say, stories, be it in books or reality, about families with multiple children, and patchwork families on top, have always fascinated me for some reason. Also, I adore Paula’s style, so really enjoyed researching her for that reason as well.

What’s your backstory, guys?

Reactions: 12

I was thinking the same. For me it’s fascinating Peaches dying in very similar circumstances as her mum like Whitney and Bobbi.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.