Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And she harmed her children as well including her and MH's daughter Tiger Lily
While I agree wholeheartedly with that, I think Michael should also share some of the blame. He was a grown man who thought nothing of shagging his ‘friend’s’ wife and he could have put a stop to the relationship during any part of it and certainly shouldn’t have brought another child into the relationship. I think his drug use and celebrity status totally skewed his perspective over it all.

Reactions: 21
That article is written in a very peculiar way, has it been translated from another language? The house swap thing sounds very odd, too.

I still wonder how Paula managed to accrue so much debt, if she was being bankrolled by both Geldof and Hutchens.

Reactions: 10
IIRC Michael’s sister said something along the lines of… had Michael been dating Kylie or Helena or women like them, women less selfish than Paula, he’d still be alive.

for what it’s worth, his sister appeared to think Paula was selfish whereas Kylie and Helena weren’t and were women his family seemed to get on with. Tina in particular said he was very happy with Helena, and that Helena was close to his parents. She also said

“Michael was so enamoured with Helena that anything she wanted to do seemed right for him.

“She was quick-witted and smart and would make Michael laugh a lot, which was good, because he worked so hard.”

Tina seemed to be under the impression they broke up because Michael wouldn’t commit to marriage;
His sister & mother are/were vile, said terrible things and Tiger has refused to meet them (his Mum has passed away). She has met his brother Rhett and had contact with her Grandad before he died. Read into that what you will.

His mother abandoned Rhett completely and gave her kids a difficult childhood. She didn’t really have any right to criticise.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
While I agree wholeheartedly with that, I think Michael should also share some of the blame. He was a grown man who thought nothing of shagging his ‘friend’s’ wife and he could have put a stop to the relationship during any part of it and certainly shouldn’t have brought another child into the relationship. I think his drug use and celebrity status totally skewed his perspective over it all.
Yes I so agree, he was bad as well, didn't seem to consider anyone else's feeling either .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That article is written in a very peculiar way, has it been translated from another language? The house swap thing sounds very odd, too.

I still wonder how Paula managed to accrue so much debt, if she was being bankrolled by both Geldof and Hutchens.
They definitely did swap houses. Bob was digging his heels in about the house but caved in the end and I think Paula got the debt from trying to keep pace with Michael. It explains it all in Gerry Agar’s book, but she tried to pretend she was an independent woman who didn’t live off a man and also that she had the same sort of income of Michael, especially as Kylie and Helena will have been on the same sort of money levels as him and wealthy in their own right. There’s something in the book about her buying Michael a motorbike she couldn’t afford for his birthday. It must have been absolutely exhausting for her trying to pretend she was his perfect woman through money and sex (I don’t say that out of sympathy either because it was idiotic).

Reactions: 17
He also took an extremely immature attitude towards the welfare of the children. He decided that Fifi, Peaches & Pixie were his children and they him, Paula & Tiger were the family now. Although he became incredibly distressed about any time without Tiger he really could not understand that Bob & his children had a bond and the children needed contact with him and consistency with schooling, friends, home. He just thought he could uproot them to Australia for months on end or permanently because that was his and Paula’s preference.

Reactions: 28
The whole thing just seems like a nightmare. Sordid is the right word for it.

I liked PY, I liked that she was a fun and flirty but had female friends instead of just being a pick me girl. I also thought she was a good mum (I was a teenager when I thought that). Now, as an adult, I can see thatuch of it was an act, I still have empathy for her but a lot of what she put her children through was kind of unforgivable.

I don't like MH, I can't be doing with the whole washed up sex god shtick, he seemed a self pitying, pathetic whinger to me. He seemed to think that BG should just allow his daughters to fly off to the other side of the world because it's what he wanted, very self centred. Also, if you believe Gerry Agar and PY version of events and even his brother, he used women's bodies for his own pleasure, even if they needed sedation to cope with it. Who the duck puts an oyster in a vagina? Nope, not my idea of fun.

Lalalaletmexplain was talking about Limerance on her insta a week or so ago, I think they were both limerants and sadly, 4 children's lives were ruined.

BG doesn't come out of it well either. If PY was such a poor mother, he didn't do anything about it whilst they were still together, he was happy for his daughters to suffer then. Then during the divorce, he wasn't that fussed that it was getting messy and both were very bitter, causing more harm to his daughters. Then after their mother died he put them in an annex of his house, a complete dereliction of parental duty to leave three bereaved and messed up girls to just get on with it. Saint Bob, my arse. Of course, he didn't deserve for Peaches to die it I think good parenting may have avoided it

• Heart
Reactions: 22
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11889417/How-Jeanne-Marine-gave-Geldofs-air-breathe-tragedy.html

Reactions: 1
I hated the way PY also used those poor kids like accessories. Always dragging them to red carpet events etc, even when they were babies. Really not the thing to do! They were thrust into the limelight whether they liked it or not!

Reactions: 15
I’m not sure how much she was bankrolled by Geldof. His music career was in the toilet after about 82 and even before that the Boomtown Rats were never the cool punk rockers that the documentary inferred. I was part of the punk scene and remember them well. BR had one punk record (Looking after Number One) the rest was commercial pop rock.

She was never off the TV and had various other income streams. What Gerry Agar says in the book about Geldof expecting her to always pay her way and that she paid the mortgage does seem likely. When Band Aid happened Midge Ure had been more recently successful. It seems BG ploughed the money he made into business interests, including the production company that made BB, which she also invested in. He’s made money from that since but he wasn’t wealthy by MH standards when they divorced.
---
I also wonder if a lot of her trauma after his death was that therapy made her realise getting roofied up so that your partner can sexually abuse you like a piece of meat isn’t a great love story? It would chime with the “he did love me did he?” questions.

I do have a lot of empathy for how she was treated by Bob from a young age, and later by MH, who sounds like a debauched and abusive prick.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
The whole thing just seems like a nightmare. Sordid is the right word for it.

I liked PY, I liked that she was a fun and flirty but had female friends instead of just being a pick me girl. I also thought she was a good mum (I was a teenager when I thought that). Now, as an adult, I can see thatuch of it was an act, I still have empathy for her but a lot of what she put her children through was kind of unforgivable.

I don't like MH, I can't be doing with the whole washed up sex god shtick, he seemed a self pitying, pathetic whinger to me. He seemed to think that BG should just allow his daughters to fly off to the other side of the world because it's what he wanted, very self centred. Also, if you believe Gerry Agar and PY version of events and even his brother, he used women's bodies for his own pleasure, even if they needed sedation to cope with it. Who the duck puts an oyster in a vagina? Nope, not my idea of fun.

Lalalaletmexplain was talking about Limerance on her insta a week or so ago, I think they were both limerants and sadly, 4 children's lives were ruined.

BG doesn't come out of it well either. If PY was such a poor mother, he didn't do anything about it whilst they were still together, he was happy for his daughters to suffer then. Then during the divorce, he wasn't that fussed that it was getting messy and both were very bitter, causing more harm to his daughters. Then after their mother died he put them in an annex of his house, a complete dereliction of parental duty to leave three bereaved and messed up girls to just get on with it. Saint Bob, my arse. Of course, he didn't deserve for Peaches to die it I think good parenting may have avoided it
Is there any proof he didn’t parent them at all? He got custody of a 4 yr old in all this and by all accounts she used to sleep often in Fifis bed and called BG dad so it’s seems wild speculation to assume he did no parenting, they also seem very touchy, huggy with him for such a lack of relationship?
personally letting older teens have some space is not necessarily inappropriate and may have been approaching their 20s, I do know people with annexes and kids that live in when they are older.
PY MH sound horrendous!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11889417/How-Jeanne-Marine-gave-Geldofs-air-breathe-tragedy.html
Jeanne Marine must be a very interesting character. Raising Tiger, the daughter of Bob‘s dead ex-wife with some rock star must be… something. Would love to know more about Tiger and her‘s relationship, which must be quite special I‘d imagine.

Reactions: 11
Is there any proof he didn’t parent them at all? He got custody of a 4 yr old in all this and by all accounts she used to sleep often in Fifis bed and called BG dad so it’s seems wild speculation to assume he did no parenting, they also seem very touchy, huggy with him for such a lack of relationship?
personally letting older teens have some space is not necessarily inappropriate and may have been approaching their 20s, I do know people with annexes and kids that live in when they are older.
PY MH sound horrendous!
Some sisters I knew in school were allowed their own annexe in their house by their parents when they were teens we were so envious.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Some sisters I knew in school were allowed their own annexe in their house by their parents when they were teens we were so envious.
I can see it not working for some, but also it can be really good for others. If kids are hell bent on drugs etc they will find a way regardless how much you try to control their environment.

Reactions: 8
PY MH sound horrendous!
TL may have copied her sisters and called BG dad but she left the country to live on the other side of the world when she was old enough. Peaches had a horrendous heroin addiction, she was given an awful lot of freedom, at a young age to go clubbing and mix with adults in a world that most of us would consider depraved. Fifi was an alcoholic who suffered with depression. He could have accessed any and all types of counselling for them when they were grieving children but he left it to the nanny to deal with, does that sound like a present and loving father? It doesn't to me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I am torn over Bob. He has a saintly image but there's plenty of contradictory evidence, not least TL leaving the fam behind. I can imagine he is tight. Where does he get his money from?? Royalties these days from Do They Know it's Christmas, surely?

Reactions: 12
TL may have copied her sisters and called BG dad but she left the country to live on the other side of the world when she was old enough. Peaches had a horrendous heroin addiction, she was given an awful lot of freedom, at a young age to go clubbing and mix with adults in a world that most of us would consider depraved. Fifi was an alcoholic who suffered with depression. He could have accessed any and all types of counselling for them when they were grieving children but he left it to the nanny to deal with, does that sound like a present and loving father? It doesn't to me.
Parents can’t be blamed for their children’s addictions, you can help and support but you can’t fix. My son has addiction issues and is an adult, I’ve accessed so much help but until he was ready to help himself, it made no difference (he’s now older than Peaches managed to get to) it is very very easy to blame a parent when a child goes off the rails but it’s rarely lack of love or support that means the person remains a drug user.
Regarding Heavenly travelling to Australia in her 20s, seem a stretch to blame her relationship with her dad. Many people travel and relocate. And it is where her biological father was born, in no way does it scream to me, she’s getting away from BG.
---
I am torn over Bob. He has a saintly image but there's plenty of contradictory evidence, not least TL leaving the fam behind. I can imagine he is tight. Where does he get his money from?? Royalties these days from Do They Know it's Christmas, surely?
I just think he’s an average person, has his flaws and tried to do his best. He’s no saint. But seems to me he has a loving relationship with his kids (which is hard to fake in photos) and they seem natural together. But it is all speculation.

Attachments

Reactions: 19
I can see it not working for some, but also it can be really good for others. If kids are hell bent on drugs etc they will find a way regardless how much you try to control their environment.
God no no drugs but they learnt about being independent and how to do their own housework and learn about responsibility

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.