Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Michael was beyond help as well. He’d decided he wanted to move back to Australia because he felt like he was being hounded by press in the UK. So of course Paula wanted to move there too. I don’t think either of them were thinking straight and neither of them were putting the kids first. All Paula could think about was Michael. That was the only thing in her head. I think she’d thought if they had a kid together, that’s it, he’d settle down and they’d be together forever. She was deluded. This was a man who changed girlfriends every 3 years, probably when things started getting heavy and there was an expectation that they’d move to the next step.

There’s a documentary called Mystify about Hutchence and I think it goes some way to explaining why he was like he was in regards to women. It’s not an excuse but I think his parents divorce really affected him. And they were always moving round as kids. He lived in Hong Kong for a time and I think his mother went to live in America after she divorced his dad.

The one thing I will say is that all his ex girlfriends still think very highly of him, even after the way he treated some of them (like Helena). I’d even go so far as to say that Kylie is still in love in him. I bet he didn’t know what hit him when he met Paula.
It's really quite amazing to me how Paula completely controlled the narrative over everything from her marriage to Bob (and the divorce and custody proceedings) to how Michael died. She also used the press quite a lot so it's bizarre she would complain about press intrusion. I think a clearer picture is only emerging now because of the amount of time that has passed but also Peaches decline also made a lot of people question what had happened to her as a child.

Reactions: 15
I think the strange thing about Michael's death is that he was naked.

Given that his image was so important to him it seems strange that he strips naked before he hangs himself.
But maybe it was the drink and drugs and he didn't think about anything else and was completely lost in his dark thoughts.

Reactions: 19

Given that his image was so important to him it seems strange that he strips naked before he hangs himself.
But maybe it was the drink and drugs and he didn't think about anything else and was completely lost in his dark thoughts.

To be fair, I doubt he was in his right mind and had gone beyond any rational thought.

Reactions: 17
Those statements are ridiculous!! Paula was beyond help at that point. Firstly, in all the plans they were making together - where was Fifi? She only mentions that she planned on dragging Peaches and Pixie halfway around the world just so she could follow Michael everywhere. No reasonable father would have allowed it, I'm sorry, it was completely irresponsible. She stresses they wanted to 'be a family' but no mention of Fifi? How could they be a family when the girls already had a father? And pulling them out of school for three months at that age to take them where? On tour? She never understood that much of the so called harassment coming from Bob was just about the welfare of the children. She just could not see past her own needs.

This was the interview I was referring to:

Sounds like Fifi could see through the bullshit with her mother’s selfish behaviour and didn’t approve, she was in her teens by that time and probably witness more then Peaches or Pixie in regards to what went in with her parents and Michael, she loved her mother but didn’t idolise her like Peaches did.

Reactions: 22
Sounds like Fifi could see through the bullshit with her mother’s selfish behaviour and didn’t approve, she was in her teens by that time and probably witness more then Peaches or Pixie in regards to what went in with her parents and Michael, she loved her mother but didn’t idolise her like Peaches did.
I get the impression that Paula was less interested in Fifi at this point - probably because she was older and could speak her own mind and start making her own decisions. Like someone else has mentioned before, she seemed quite preoccupied with babies. The way she spoke about Tiger and saying her birth was the best day of her life etc etc was just horrible. It really made me feel for the other girls. I'd be genuinely heartbroken if my mother said that.

Reactions: 25
I get the impression that Paula was less interested in Fifi at this point - probably because she was older and could speak her own mind and start making her own decisions. Like someone else has mentioned before, she seemed quite preoccupied with babies. The way she spoke about Tiger and saying her birth was the best day of her life etc etc was just horrible. It really made me feel for the other girls. I'd be genuinely heartbroken if my mother said that.
Fifi was also tall and a bit chubby, whereas Peaches and Pixie were little and petite and could be dressed up with ribbons and other girly stuff. Perfect accessories

Reactions: 31

Probably at the absolute total end of his tether and he'd been drinking and taking drugs.
Did anyone read about someone trying to hang themselves in the middle of his funeral?. A man jumped from the church balcony and shouted "this is how he did it Paula".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Probably at the absolute total end of his tether and he'd been drinking and taking drugs.
Did anyone read about someone trying to hang themselves in the middle of his funeral?. A man jumped from the church balcony and shouted "this is how he did it Paula".
That’s one of the things when a celeb commits suicide. You sometimes get a spate of copycats. Happened with Kurt Cobain.

I’m unsure about Hutchence’s death, tbh. Hanging yourself naked from a doorknob seems a bizarre way to go, especially when he had all those drugs at his disposal. I know his state of mind wasn’t good but it’s just weird. I can I understand Paula not wanting to think he’d had enough but on the other hand a sex game gone wrong isn’t much better. It’s just so seedy.

That’s one of the things when a celeb commits suicide. You sometimes get a spate of copycats. Happened with Kurt Cobain.

I’m unsure about Hutchence’s death, tbh. Hanging yourself naked from a doorknob seems a bizarre way to go, especially when he had all those drugs at his disposal. I know his state of mind wasn’t good but it’s just weird. I can I understand Paula not wanting to think he’d had enough but on the other hand a sex game gone wrong isn’t much better. It’s just so seedy.
Yeah that's what always seemed odd to me. Obviously, knowing a bit more about Paula now I am sure in her head she rationalised that telling the world that he died by trying to get off and accidently strangling himself was somehow better than him leaving her. Which is bizarre. The only thing that makes me think he killed himself was that head injury. There's a lot of studies into head injuries and they are generally pretty catastrophic. His thinking was probably severely impaired.

• Heart
I always believed that it was autoerotic asphyxiation - but I was a child when he died, of an age with Peaches, so when I heard about it when I was older I just accepted it as being true. Grimly sad that it was actually Paula spinning it. Losing a loved one to suicide must be utterly unbearable but it’s mind boggling how “sex act gone wrong” was considered easier to accept by her.

Reactions: 12
Maybe they played around with asphyxiation in the bedroom and that’s why she convinced herself he was pleasuring himself.

I always believed that it was autoerotic asphyxiation - but I was a child when he died, of an age with Peaches, so when I heard about it when I was older I just accepted it as being true. Grimly sad that it was actually Paula spinning it. Losing a loved one to suicide must be utterly unbearable but it’s mind boggling how “sex act gone wrong” was considered easier to accept by her.
I just had a quick look at the Coroner's summing up and he had a lot of drugs (some prescription) and alcohol in his system. No mention of Paula's theory at all. I think he was in a very, very bad place and their relationship really didn't help his mental health at all.

Reactions: 10
I'm pretty certain she admitted this.
Paula would have been better off staying quiet really, she didn't do herself any favours saying what she did about it being a sex game gone wrong. I think she was very badly advised. It made her look really mentally unstable. There was no dignity in his death or hers but she made it worse for herself.

Reactions: 22
Just watched this interview, Bob doesn’t seem to think he killed himself either

• Sad
  • Heart
And just imagine how Michael H would have felt about it. He hated Bob so much in the end - he would have turned in his grave knowing that Bob now had Tiger.

This is such a dramatic story:
Bob as the hero, who is admired by the public and then publicly humiliated.
Paula as the evil unfaithful woman, who breaks up her family to be with her lover and causes heartache for Bob, who subsequently fights for the children.
Michael as the seductive and dangerous bad boy who stole Paula's heart and shines over Bob, taking his place in the family.
Tiger Lily, the cherished result of a passionate love affair, daughter of two charismatic and troubled anti-heros.
In the end, both Michael and Paula suffer and die.
Bob remains the sole winner and triumphs over Paula and Michael, who caused hurt and harm. As a symbol of his victory he keeps Tiger Lily, the personification of Paula's and Michael's passion, love and longings.

Sometimes real life writes the best and most tragic stories.
It really is like a Shakespearean tragedy, the way it played out.

Reactions: 21
Does anyone know anything about how Thomas Cohen is, and his beautiful boys?

I think of Peaches often as my mother died of a heroin overdose when I was a child. I am lucky to have found happiness and sobriety, but it has taken so much work and I live with the trauma every day. My heart breaks for Paula and Peaches.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
In the Mystify documentary and I think the coroners report, it said he had called his new girlfriend ( not Paula) to ask her to come round in a distressed state. Why, when your girlfriend was about to come round would you engage in auto asphyxiation just beforehand? Paula was deluded about how much she meant to him. She was obsessed with him, but he wasnt obsessed with her. Hed moved on to another woman before his death. He may have wanted Tiger Lily with him and she came as part of the package but I dont think it was the great live story she imagined it to be.
I think you are right about this

Reactions: 9
Paula would have been better off staying quiet really, she didn't do herself any favours saying what she did about it being a sex game gone wrong. I think she was very badly advised. It made her look really mentally unstable. There was no dignity in his death or hers but she made it worse for herself.
I dont think she was thinking straight at the time though. You can advise someone until you're blue in the face but if they dont listen, they dont listen. She did seem to have hangers on like a lot of fanous people who had their own reasons to hang around with celebs. Groupie groupies in her case.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.