Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Gerry Agar one is brilliant. Can’t remember the order of names but ‘Michael, Paula and Bob too’ or something.

Also Paula’s own book isn’t too bad. It’s focused on her and she’s very self deprecating and witty. Read it ages ago so can’t remember exactly how much detail she goes into about the affair and Bob.

Reactions: 14
The Gerry Agar one is brilliant. Can’t remember the order of names but ‘Michael, Paula and Bob too’ or something.

Also Paula’s own book isn’t too bad. It’s focused on her and she’s very self deprecating and witty. Read it ages ago so can’t remember exactly how much detail she goes into about the affair and Bob.
I‘ll check them out, thank you and @JNRS90 for the recommendations x

Reactions: 3
My baby was awake all night so I ended up googling Paula Yates. This interview with her is so interesting: she seems absolutely besotted with Michael. No mention of her other kids and she says Tiger's birth was the best day of her life which I find a bit odd and unfair to her other daughters...!

She seems completely in denial about how he died and goes on about them having another daughter and living in Australia.

I do wonder if Paula loved the baby stage: having a small child on her hip then losing interest?

That's so interesting, thanks for sharing that video!

I know I shouldn't judge, it was the end of the '90s etc etc, but the amount of ghastly pattenered cushions scattered on and around the hideous patchwork throw sofa that Paula is getting interviewed on, is making me break out in a sweat.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can I ask how Paula found out that Hughie Green was her dad?
what made them do the DNA test? From everything I read Paula’s mum never knew that paternity might not be her husband so I can’t work out what happened to make them question it nearly 40 years later???
If I remember correctly, he confessed to a friend when he was dying. The whole issue around her paternity is very murky. I think that Paula's mother is also a liar and twisted a story to suit her narrative. I sincerely hope that Fifi, Pixie and Tiger have managed to break this destructive chain of behaviour.

Reactions: 11
Ahh! She didn’t mention her name on the show, she was just talking about her childhood but people on Twitter worked out who the mum was. I was being nosy at the time so was looking at the tweets.

found the clip here, it's right at the bottom
Wow, that is really interesting. She is a beautiful young girl. I remember seeing her mum in the papers and reading interviews with her after Paula died. Seems like she was another woman more interested in her social life than her actual children. It's so sad how these children appear to be nothing more than lifestyle accessories and then collateral damage for people that don't understand what parenthood really entails. So many of these kids just go from the nanny to boarding school - it's really heartbreaking.

Reactions: 9

Ooh I think this might be the one I meant, sorry. It was written by a close friend of Paula anyway, who spent a lot of time with her and Michael.

Reactions: 5
I've gone down a hole as I googled Belinda and her and Paula's statements after MH death were one of the first things that popped up. I don't know much about Paula but this sounds beyond messy. Also I thought interesting that Paula calls herself his de-facto wife and says they were planning more children. Also interesting that his last phone call was to his first girlfriend, she sounds like she was a very calming influence.

https://www.angelfire.com/music5/archives/hutchstatements.html

Those statements are ridiculous!! Paula was beyond help at that point. Firstly, in all the plans they were making together - where was Fifi? She only mentions that she planned on dragging Peaches and Pixie halfway around the world just so she could follow Michael everywhere. No reasonable father would have allowed it, I'm sorry, it was completely irresponsible. She stresses they wanted to 'be a family' but no mention of Fifi? How could they be a family when the girls already had a father? And pulling them out of school for three months at that age to take them where? On tour? She never understood that much of the so called harassment coming from Bob was just about the welfare of the children. She just could not see past her own needs.

It’s interesting that in those statements to the Australian police, it was only Peaches and Pixie that were going to Australia. I‘m guessing Fifi didn’t want go. Someone said on the other thread that Fifi was vocal about Paula’s shortcomings. anyone know more?
This was the interview I was referring to:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Those statements are ridiculous!! Paula was beyond help at that point. Firstly, in all the plans they were making together - where was Fifi? She only mentions that she planned on dragging Peaches and Pixie halfway around the world just so she could follow Michael everywhere
I think Michael was beyond help as well. He’d decided he wanted to move back to Australia because he felt like he was being hounded by press in the UK. So of course Paula wanted to move there too. I don’t think either of them were thinking straight and neither of them were putting the kids first. All Paula could think about was Michael. That was the only thing in her head. I think she’d thought if they had a kid together, that’s it, he’d settle down and they’d be together forever. She was deluded. This was a man who changed girlfriends every 3 years, probably when things started getting heavy and there was an expectation that they’d move to the next step.

There’s a documentary called Mystify about Hutchence and I think it goes some way to explaining why he was like he was in regards to women. It’s not an excuse but I think his parents divorce really affected him. And they were always moving round as kids. He lived in Hong Kong for a time and I think his mother went to live in America after she divorced his dad.

The one thing I will say is that all his ex girlfriends still think very highly of him, even after the way he treated some of them (like Helena). I’d even go so far as to say that Kylie is still in love in him. I bet he didn’t know what hit him when he met Paula.

Reactions: 26
Paula's statement about Hutchence's death being an autoerotic asphyxiation gone wrong must've really spread like wildfire cos I honestly thought that's what happened until fairly recently.

Reactions: 35
The coroner ruled it suicide and everything points to that, it seems far more likely and I think Paula just couldn't accept it. But I'm sure it was on the front pages of the tabloids and was spoken about as fact. I was 13 at the time.

Reactions: 16
It seems so like Paula to spin a suicide into something sexual and deviant.

I mean I get it, the idea that he chose to leave her and Tiger would have been too much to bear.

Reactions: 20
The coroner ruled it suicide and everything points to that, it seems far more likely and I think Paula just couldn't accept it. But I'm sure it was on the front pages of the tabloids and was spoken about as fact. I was 13 at the time.
In the Mystify documentary and I think the coroners report, it said he had called his new girlfriend ( not Paula) to ask her to come round in a distressed state. Why, when your girlfriend was about to come round would you engage in auto asphyxiation just beforehand? Paula was deluded about how much she meant to him. She was obsessed with him, but he wasnt obsessed with her. Hed moved on to another woman before his death. He may have wanted Tiger Lily with him and she came as part of the package but I dont think it was the great live story she imagined it to be.

Reactions: 21
Paula's statement about Hutchence's death being an autoerotic asphyxiation gone wrong must've really spread like wildfire cos I honestly thought that's what happened until fairly recently.
I’m also surprised to learn this most likely wasn’t the case as always believed that’s what had happened.
I’ve just read this article which includes coroner details that suggest it wasn’t this and was just a tragic suicide -

Reactions: 10
In the Mystify documentary and I think the coroners report, it said he had called his new girlfriend ( not Paula) to ask her to come round in a distressed state. Why, when your girlfriend was about to come round would you engage in auto asphyxiation just beforehand? Paula was deluded about how much she meant to him. She was obsessed with him, but he wasnt obsessed with her. Hed moved on to another woman before his death. He may have wanted Tiger Lily with him and she came as part of the package but I dont think it was the great live story she imagined it to be.
Agree with what you're saying here - only it wasn't a new girlfriend he called that night, it was Michele Bennett - his ex-girlfriend and first love.

Reactions: 20
Can I ask how Paula found out that Hughie Green was her dad?
what made them do the DNA test? From everything I read Paula’s mum never knew that paternity might not be her husband so I can’t work out what happened to make them question it nearly 40 years later???
A family friend of Hughie Green announced Paula was his daughter - at Hughie Green's funeral. Unbelievable. I remember the friend being interviewed by Richard and Judy a few days after. R and J were obviously disgusted by such a cruel thing to do while the friend seemed to think Paula would be thrilled.
The DNA test was done as Paula was so keen to disprove what she thought was just a rumour.

And yes another vote for Gerry Agar's book. Gripping.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.