Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He absolutely did not seem like someone who was ever going to really settle down.
I agree He was never going to settle down and be faithful to just Paula. He was a serial shagger. All his exes seemed to accept that and still loved him/ were friends with him even after they split. Maybe he was just honest with them and they werent stupid enough to think they were going to be the ones to change him. I think Paula thought she could, as they had a child, but I doubt it. Most rockers have children but they dontvsettle down with their pipe and slippers.

Reactions: 16
I also think they were at it beforehand as well. I read somewhere they’d spent the night together before it.

If anyone wants to watch it, it’s on YouTube. Search Michael Hutchence Paula Yates Big Breakfast.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just re-watched the Big breakfast interview of the two of them. No way that some sex hadn’t already happened before that day 😂 honestly who interviews someone with their legs intertwined with the interviewees 😅 I watched this programme growing up and I just don’t remember guests being that close. I could be wrong as it was so long ago!

Reactions: 9
I’ve just re-watched the Big breakfast interview of the two of them. No way that some sex hadn’t already happened before that day 😂 honestly who interviews someone with their legs intertwined with the interviewees 😅 I watched this programme growing up and I just don’t remember guests being that close. I could be wrong as it was so long ago!
No, I don't think that is considered a conventional interviewing technique tbh!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I imagine a few people choked on their cornflakes watching that over breakfast!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I agree He was never going to settle down and be faithful to just Paula. He was a serial shagger. All his exes seemed to accept that and still loved him/ were friends with him even after they split. Maybe he was just honest with them and they werent stupid enough to think they were going to be the ones to change him. I think Paula thought she could, as they had a child, but I doubt it. Most rockers have children but they dontvsettle down with their pipe and slippers.
I think he love bombed them when he was with them. He was the best boyfriend until he wasn’t.

Reactions: 17
I think he love bombed them when he was with them. He was the best boyfriend until he wasn’t.
Meh, he was a rock star. He behaved the way most rock stars do. No one was really going to tame him or force him into settling down tbh. If he was still alive he probably would have settled down in his 50s if at all. I don't understand this obsession with trying to tame men like this tbh, just accept them as they are.

Reactions: 8
god this is even more insane than I thought, I can never imagine this on breakfast tv now! it is insane how much less polished everything was! he seems quite disinterested and she is really all over him

Reactions: 15
god this is even more insane than I thought, I can never imagine this on breakfast tv now! it is insane how much less polished everything was! he seems quite disinterested and she is really all over him
Do you really think he seems disinterested? He can’t take his eyes off her. I honestly think he looked as into her as she is to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
H
I noticed this time that one of her shoes had very holey soles.

• Haha

Apologies if this has been posted before! Just thought it's interesting to see the Tube interview to compare with the Big Breakfast one. Totally different circumstances so no chance of her straddling him across the bar but you can see she's flustered. She's interviewed big names and knew many celebrities personally, being flirtatious in interviews was her usp but MH clearly had a deeper effect on her.
It's so weird in this interview knowing Paula is gonna be the mother of his only child, she's gonna be the last relationship Michael will have and of course how doomed their future is together.

Reactions: 12

Apologies if this has been posted before! Just thought it's interesting to see the Tube interview to compare with the Big Breakfast one. Totally different circumstances so no chance of her straddling him across the bar but you can see she's flustered. She's interviewed big names and knew many celebrities personally, being flirtatious in interviews was her usp but MH clearly had a deeper effect on her.
It's so weird in this interview knowing Paula is gonna be the mother of his only child, she's gonna be the last relationship Michael will have and of course how doomed their future is together.
Ha! 'Your trousers looks quite tight'. She can't help herself, can she? Not that I blame her! I had a big crush on him too. Sigh.

That’s the interview where Paula said that afterwards, he asked her back to his hotel room and she turned him down saying she couldn’t because she has a baby. (Ofc, that’s her version of events).

Reactions: 4

She wasnt the last relationship he had. He had another girlfriend when he died.

Meh, he was a rock star. He behaved the way most rock stars do. No one was really going to tame him or force him into settling down tbh. If he was still alive he probably would have settled down in his 50s if at all. I don't understand this obsession with trying to tame men like this tbh, just accept them as they are.
I agree. It goes for men trying to change women too. Like Joe Wicks marrying a page 3 girl then turning her into meek mummy housewife and erasing all mention of her being a page 3 girl, and Prince Ranier of Monaco marrying Grace Kelly and locking her in a guilded cage. if you don't want to live with a rock star, don't go out with rock stars ( or at least, like Ronnie Woods wife, you marry an OAP!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just read through this thread and although it’s already been said I have to add; say what you want about Bob Geldof but he fought hard to take care of those girls the way they deserved to be looked after. I think he’s a pain in the backside but will always have a massive amount of respect for him for that.

Reactions: 16
The legacy of generational trauma in the Geldof family is just immense. I feel like Peaches was a victim of all of that, she never really got away from the unresolved pain of her past. She just acted out using sex, fame, drugs right to the end, like mother like daughter. You look at Paula's life and how she used her sexuality / the limelight / relationships with precarious men like it was some sort of lifeline and forgot entirely about her adult responsibilities and there was clearly so much trauma there, and she just passed that on. It's so sad.

Sounds a bit bizarre I admit, but makes me really grateful to have done a lot of therapy myself, because the self awareness you get of how you can use these external things - relationships, sex, success - to be "ok", instead of understanding yourself and learning how to support yourself, can be life changing.

I hope Peaches' kids and the other Geldof siblings are more content and peaceful within themselves.

Reactions: 18
Who feels sorry for Peter Smith having to follow that???

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.