Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

noweverythingsucks

Chatty Member
Long time Tattler, long time PCD here! Glad I’ve found this thread. The FB group used to be a chilled place years ago but the go fund me and woe is me posts have rather soured things for me. Also, anyone here in the legendary “sidebar” offshoot?! The gatekeeping is insane, it seems like you have to be a Freemason to get in! (I’m not one btw).
Yeah. It's honestly not what it was made out to be in the main group. It was open when I joined. A few people started kicking off at the mods (at least one who commented on the initial post about it) and got removed and the mods didn't want to deal with that so ended up removing all the inactive members, taking PCD out of the name and closing the group. I don't really go on Facebook but the "vibe" is more like the JM tattle group where there is a core group of people who seem to know each other well and some floaters and most posts are memes. The podcast only gets mentioned is if someone mentions a drama in the main group.

Last edited:

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Loving the new pods, but would like John to stop moaning about how small his house is. It is worth over £700k. That’s 30% more than he bought it for Buy a bigger, less fancy house if you want to?!
All this info is on Zoopla btw…

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I've not heard anything and he only seems to refer to it casually on the 5 live show so I wonder if he's testing the waters of sobriety (sorry, that sounded like something he would say 😂 ) and not wanting to commit fully to teetotalism in case he changes his mind?

Like you, Fishy, I wouldn't say this on the FB group but I have heard through the grapevine 🍉 he's a bit of a nightmare drunk... though I don't think that's even that gossipy to say as he has definitely alluded to that himself!

Are we abandoning hope/speculation re him and Lou now? Haven't seen/heard much recently on her. Although that could be double bluff...!
It sounds like you have tea! Share your tea, slop! I can’t say I’m hugely surprised though - as someone who boozes and struggles with the darkness - I know only too well that the two aren’t great bedfellows.

she’s definitely been mentioned less in recent weeks - maybe one of them reads here?! I for one just want to see Robins happy (this is a fave thread, after all) whether that’s with Lou, someone else or on his own.

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to the second ep of ‘same again’ featuring our pal Johnny JR? Really excellent, would definitely recommend. The host is Emma Inch who was an early TMUW guest.

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I'm so glad I'm not in that group! Generally I love the community surrounding the PCDs (and the Distant Pod community too, although slightly different) but I feel like they would just put me off SO much.

It's so bloody lovely. He's really thriving and seems to be in such an amazing headspace. It seems off to day you're proud of someone you've never met but I really am. ❤

I saw John's show a couple of weeks ago, and also recently received a message from him via Cameo (thanks to a very kind friend for my birthday) and both together have really got me thinking about whether or not I want to follow him down a similar path. Not so much AA and being entirely sober but maybe a "broadly sober" person with an more active attitude of gratitude (IYKYK). Seeing his posts make it seem quite attainable if that makes sense?
Good luck to you! If you've not already, I'd highly recommend Adrian Chiles' book, albeit featuring a now outdated chapter from John on moderation. I listened to the audiobook a while ago and it has really helped me cut down to a place where I am happy with my drinking.

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I know I would get a bollocking for posting this on the Facebook group so I’m going to ask here - has John said anything about giving up booze on his golf pods/channel or elsewhere? It’s been mentioned a few times on The Moon Under Water that he’s a few months dry now (good for him) but wondered if he’d said whether he was planning a short break or whether he’s Full Time Sober now?

I know we aren’t ‘supposed’ to ask why people don’t drink but I’m intrigued given he hosts a pub about beer and pubs. I’d be sorry to see if go, but can’t imagine The Week/Month in pubs would be a good listen with only Robin pubbing.