Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Listening to the end of Fridays show and the voicenote sent in by Rhys James and its bothering me more than is probably healthy that he refers to John's saying as broadly brilliant when it's BROADLY FINE.

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
can we talk about the FB group here too? one of my main amusements there is (I wont name names) a particular #bekind guy who is overly nice and super nice guy mode on there but is an absolute nasty bellend on other groups im in, I find it funny people feel the need to put on a character depending on the group they see is on brand for certain groups and situations.
Very much on topic! That is absolutely fascinating. Without meloning yourself I'd love to know what type of groups they are as I find this fascinating. Are they other comedy groups?

As I said in the other place, I was SO surprised by the volume of support on the JM/AM post last year. I wish more people could see her for the grifter she is!

foxwarren

VIP Member
It was Jeff Green who said it originally. Of course Jame Corden also claimed it on Letterman because he is a tool of a man.

adviseplz

VIP Member
Love having the boys back together 🥰

Are any PCDs here familiar with Niomi Smart? Was just on her insta and saw that Dave follows her which seems v random

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Morning legends. Was watching No More Jockeys (with Mark Watson the Sofie Hagen affair-haver, which is the only way I can see him now)! and Tim Key pulled out a framed photo of (someone who, at a very quick glance, I thought was) John, Lou, and a toy frog. Who is this chap?
1703754225979.png

Slop n slide

There was one bit where John did his character and he sounded just like Ivo 2 minutes before. However, he has redeemed himself somewhat with Yo Shoeshi 👌🏽
Arrgh I fell asleep while listening to it and now I can’t find the Yo shoeshi bit! Anyone know roughly when it was?

CocoCottesmore

Loved this weeks shame well 😂

One of my faves was from the radio X days (I think) when the guy lied about his dad having a satnav… can’t remember it fully but it’s stuck in my mind and made me laugh soooo much

ETA - found it v easy on YouTube -https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PeSsB7EEwA8
SatNav is an absolute classic!

foxwarren

VIP Member
I never suggested that. I think mine and Swish's point is that it seems to be the same two guest hosts/guest appearances on all the time at the moment, which gets a little tired. Not sure why you're taking it so personally. Are you Lou?
🤣 Yes, yes I am. What on earth did I say to make you think I was taking it personally? God pcders really are nutcases.

adviseplz

VIP Member
Thanks, Advise! I will 😊

I've only ever listened to the podcast. Would feel weird listening to it live, somehow?! And sometimes the podcast intro is 20 minutes, so I wouldn't want to miss out 🤣.
Agree! I wouldn't want to miss the intro. I tried listening to the show once whilst I was working, but I couldn't concentrate on what they were saying so I felt like I missed out on it all 😂

Feels like a mad thing to say out loud, but every Friday I realise don't know how to listen to it live... Is 5 Live on the normal radio? Like could I listen in the car? How do people listen to the radio these days?!
Through the greatest app ever of course... BBC Sounds!

I Bluetooth it from my phone to my speakers in the house or to the car (Radio 6 listener usually).. or if you can get it on a DAB/digital radio too. Some cars have DAB radios built in too.

just lurking 99

John´s on Kathy Burkes ´ Where There's A Will, There's A Wake´ podcast this week, Elis wrote him a eulogy which is very funny!
Apart from the ones they host themselves, which podcasts have Elis and/or John been on? I usually find new podcasts by searching for guests I like, and listening to their episodes (my go-to favourite podcast guests are Greg Davies, Tim Key, Alex Horne, Elis and old Jonny JR), so it would be cool to find any I have missed out on. Recommendations would be appreciated!

Slop n slide

Wooo 🥳

Happy birthday for next week!! You'll have to let us know how MUG live is!

Does anyone listen to the show live? or is everyone here a pure PCD?
Thanks, Advise! I will 😊

I've only ever listened to the podcast. Would feel weird listening to it live, somehow?! And sometimes the podcast intro is 20 minutes, so I wouldn't want to miss out 🤣.