Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CocoCottesmore

Oh, really? What was the issue? They do take life very seriously...
Basically someone said he was on it too much and that it's the E&J show and not the E,J and D show. Then some people said that was hurtful as Dave and various family members are often in the group (his mum liked a post of mine once!). Then others said its just an opinion. Others still said that's as maybe but maybe phrase it in a less mean way. Rinse and repeat....

Slop n slide

Loved this weeks shame well 😂

One of my faves was from the radio X days (I think) when the guy lied about his dad having a satnav… can’t remember it fully but it’s stuck in my mind and made me laugh soooo much

ETA - found it v easy on YouTube -https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PeSsB7EEwA8
OMG LOOOOOL 😂 😂 😂 😂

adviseplz

VIP Member
Surely Dave should have been the A. With his shirt off and the black tape on his chest. Just me? 🥵
He probs was, but maybe due to the olde co-vid they had to get Lou to stand in… wonder how they were able to arrange it at such short notice 😉😉😉
---

Oh Lordy, I had a dream I asked JR out last night 😂 (he was non-committal, lol).

Probably because of this chat, and then listening to an old ep to get to sleep. It was one of the isolation tapes - Elis is talking about r-rates and whether or not it was safe for the childminder to have the kids while he went to work. So strange listening to it - it felt like I'd gone back in time. I forget how grim it was at times. I genuinely think they made it a little easier with their extra episodes, though!
I had a sex dream about him once. It was weird, I couldn’t listen to the pod for a few weeks after that 😂
---

Ok here’s a question. What do you think is the last bit thats said at the end of the Up Your Region jingle?

All I can get out of it is ….. something, something, something, up there on the table, something something, a feed ’em haddy willis

(the last bit of my interpretation I don’t even think are real words)
---

PS isn’t it such a shame that they couldn’t take the Made Up Games jingle from Radio X to 5live as it was bloody brilliant

Last edited:

mindlessness

VIP Member
Apart from the ones they host themselves, which podcasts have Elis and/or John been on? I usually find new podcasts by searching for guests I like, and listening to their episodes (my go-to favourite podcast guests are Greg Davies, Tim Key, Alex Horne, Elis and old Jonny JR), so it would be cool to find any I have missed out on. Recommendations would be appreciated!
Elis has been on Quickly Kevin Will He Score (co hosted by Josh Widdecombe) a few times - chatting nostalgic football etc. I am not a big football fan but it’s one of my favourite podcasts. They did a series reading the crime novels of Steve Bruce with Ivo Graham that I just loved. I think maybe Jon has done an episode too?

Elis (and Isy) and Jon have both done My Favourite Takeaway too which I also enjoy.

Chris Scull from Quickly Kevin and Tom Crane from My Favourite Takeaway also cohost Oh What a Time with Elis.

Michael Marsden who produces both Quickly Kevin and My Favourite Takeaway is the producer for Parenting Hell as well (with the very nice deep voice!)

Last edited:

just lurking 99

😂 no worries you're amongst friends here!

So, a one-er is someone who has listened to every show from the start (i.e. started listening from the XFM show in 2014) and then a retro oner is someone who has gone back and listened to the entire back catalogue from that first show until present.

I gained retro oner status around April 2020. It probably took about 9ish months 😅
Oh, brilliant - thank you! I'm not sure I will ever reach retro-oner status then, but congratulations on yours :D

Pantomimehorse

Very much on topic! That is absolutely fascinating. Without meloning yourself I'd love to know what type of groups they are as I find this fascinating. Are they other comedy groups?

As I said in the other place, I was SO surprised by the volume of support on the JM/AM post last year. I wish more people could see her for the grifter she is!
ha no not comedy, beer related groups which are a bit toxic at the best of times anyway

CocoCottesmore

He probs was, but maybe due to the olde co-vid they had to get Lou to stand in… wonder how they were able to arrange it at such short notice 😉😉😉
---

I had a sex dream about him once. It was weird, I couldn’t listen to the pod for a few weeks after that 😂
---

Ok here’s a question. What do you think is the last bit thats said at the end of the Up Your Region jingle?

All I can get out of it is ….. something, something, something, up there on the table, something something, a feed ’em haddy willis

(the last bit of my interpretation I don’t even think are real words)
---

PS isn’t it such a shame that they couldn’t take the Made Up Games jingle from Radio X to 5live as it was bloody brilliant
The last bit is "Freeman Hardy and Willis" which is a now defunct shoe shop but not sure of the rest.
---

I've listened to all of Januarys and it's crazy how they're basically a threesome now rather than the occasional chip in from Prod D or (my personal all time fave prod) Vin. If you come from the past to now, it's really noticeable.

Happy that they haven't changed at all in the last 7 years though 💕
I think someone made a comment on the main Facebook page about this and it descended into a bin fire.

Apologies for double post.

Slop n slide

I know I would get a bollocking for posting this on the Facebook group so I’m going to ask here - has John said anything about giving up booze on his golf pods/channel or elsewhere? It’s been mentioned a few times on The Moon Under Water that he’s a few months dry now (good for him) but wondered if he’d said whether he was planning a short break or whether he’s Full Time Sober now?

I know we aren’t ‘supposed’ to ask why people don’t drink but I’m intrigued given he hosts a pub about beer and pubs. I’d be sorry to see if go, but can’t imagine The Week/Month in pubs would be a good listen with only Robin pubbing.
I've not heard anything and he only seems to refer to it casually on the 5 live show so I wonder if he's testing the waters of sobriety (sorry, that sounded like something he would say 😂 ) and not wanting to commit fully to teetotalism in case he changes his mind?

Like you, Fishy, I wouldn't say this on the FB group but I have heard through the grapevine 🍉 he's a bit of a nightmare drunk... though I don't think that's even that gossipy to say as he has definitely alluded to that himself!

Are we abandoning hope/speculation re him and Lou now? Haven't seen/heard much recently on her. Although that could be double bluff...!

Slop n slide

can we talk about the FB group here too? one of my main amusements there is (I wont name names) a particular #bekind guy who is overly nice and super nice guy mode on there but is an absolute nasty bellend on other groups im in, I find it funny people feel the need to put on a character depending on the group they see is on brand for certain groups and situations.
Haha no way. That's hilarious. I think the FB group is too big and so statistically there are gonna be a lot of coins in there. Which is why it amazes me there are very few (if any??) coins in the JM threads.