Part Time Working Mummy #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still think there is the possibility of this:

View attachment 28352

The original sign-up form was on a Blogspot page, no longer active I think. Did that have a disclaimer?

Then it moved to her self-hosted domain. Has the blurb covering herself always been written the same way?

The posts placed on Facebook asked people to make regular donations to "help us continue our work". Yet no work or spending these funds has been mentioned for a year.

The blurb might cover her back to a certain extent, but I imagine the majority of donators, if you could ask them, believed that their money was going mostly, if not completely, to help those in need. That's what every FB post urging people to donate was all about: things she was doing or about to do.

"might be untrue or misleading..."

Unless, all the funds are still there OR are fully accounted for, of course? Hmmm? Hmmm?
I’m unsure about the Blogspot thing. I didn’t ever see it. I signed up from her own website, so the Blogspot thing must have been before I followed her.

The other thing I noticed is that the actual button you press to confirm it says subscribe, not donate. The person I spoke to about it said that might make a difference, because you are actually then essentially just paying to subscribe to her website, not donating anything.

There is also a bit on the donate page about paying her bills and keeping her dog off anti depressants. Would that then cover her for keeping the money?

It’s so cleverly worded. I read it the first time and took one thing from it. Then after reading here, I went back and read it again and took something entirely different. Both versions of what I took from it are there in black and white 😫😫

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’m unsure about the Blogspot thing. I didn’t ever see it. I signed up from her own website, so the Blogspot thing must have been before I followed her.

The other thing I noticed is that the actual button you press to confirm it says subscribe, not donate. The person I spoke to about it said that might make a difference, because you are actually then essentially just paying to subscribe to her website, not donating anything.

There is also a bit on the donate page about paying her bills and keeping her dog off anti depressants. Would that then cover her for keeping the money?

It’s so cleverly worded. I read it the first time and took one thing from it. Then after reading here, I went back and read it again and took something entirely different. Both versions of what I took from it are there in black and white 😫😫

I read it to my husband and he took away that she was asking people to pay, so she could take a wage (in a roundabout way). He knows nothing of this whole saga so that was his interpretation of the text.

Reactions: 5

Yeah, see that's the misleading part. The FB posts were all about the good deeds, "I've been working with this warrior" type of stuff.

"Click here to get involved!"
"Help us help our warriors, donate as little a £1 a month!"

If you are really bored, just search "part-time working mummy paypal" and "part-time working mummy donate" on FB. Click "read all posts". Read some of the posts, see what impression they give you. Then read the comments underneath each one from really genuinely kind people like yourself. Thousands of people keenly donating, happy to be part of the "crew" and to make a difference.

Each one of those people (and countless more who didn't comment) deserves to know where their monthly subscription has gone and continues to go. Can it be that hard?

Reactions: 8
This angers me so much! Lula has private swimming lessons in a pool ✔ I commend them (albeit using PayPal money!) for teaching Lula to swim HOWEVER swimming in a pool and swimming in the sea are completely different. No child, no matter how well they can swim, is strong enough against a sea current! It actually makes me sick to my stomach that they are both just led there on their phones (so not even paying that much attention!) Truly truly shocking!

Also, who the hell goes on days out to spend quality family time together and does absolutley nothing then be on their phones? Instagrammer or not! Your kids have one childhood, one memory of "family time"! Put your phone down for ONCE and put your soul focus on the kids!!
Im a strong, long distance swimmer i often swim in the lakes where i live but i would never swim in the sea, it is quite dangerous strong undercurrents, gullys, riptides etc . I have no issue her being in the sea just how far out she is with no safety equipment or adult supervision.

Reactions: 6
Back in November ptwm shared a post celebrating a big Amazon delivery of 70+ parcels - thanking ptwm and her crew for providing with such generosity. I thought that may account for some small evidence of using the donations... but then I noticed the OP was touched by the personal notes inside the parcels, meaning people had purchased items and sent them WHEN THERE'S THOUSANDS OF POUNDS FOR PTWM TO SPEND ON THIS! 🤯

Reactions: 7
Back in November ptwm shared a post celebrating a big Amazon delivery of 70+ parcels - thanking ptwm and her crew for providing with such generosity. I thought that may account for some small evidence of using the donations... but then I noticed the OP was touched by the personal notes inside the parcels, meaning people had purchased items and sent them WHEN THERE'S THOUSANDS OF POUNDS FOR PTWM TO SPEND ON THIS! 🤯
Yup that was the crew buying things from the charity's Amazon wishlist :(

• Wow
  • Angry
Yeah, see that's the misleading part. The FB posts were all about the good deeds, "I've been working with this warrior" type of stuff.

"Click here to get involved!"
"Help us help our warriors, donate as little a £1 a month!"

If you are really bored, just search "part-time working mummy paypal" and "part-time working mummy donate" on FB. Click "read all posts". Read some of the posts, see what impression they give you. Then read the comments underneath each one from really genuinely kind people like yourself. Thousands of people keenly donating, happy to be part of the "crew" and to make a difference.

Each one of those people (and countless more who didn't comment) deserves to know where their monthly subscription has gone and continues to go. Can it be that hard?
I read it to my husband and he took away that she was asking people to pay, so she could take a wage (in a roundabout way). He knows nothing of this whole saga so that was his interpretation of the text.
Yeah that’s basically what she has said 😔 fromoopnorth that Iv quoted above is right. It was everything on Facebook etc that was saying about donations.

My initial thoughts were that the money was going to help people, but she would be taking a wage from it for her time/admin. The donation page doesn’t actually mention the money going to anyone else. I had just been drawn into the whole thing and didnt pick up the whole story of the subscription from the donation page when I subscribed 😔😔

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I know it’s unkind to comment on appearance but she’s one strange looking woman and it’s not helped by her extremely unpleasant personality which she’s happy to display all over IG.
I think the uglier this mess gets, the uglier she looks.

Reactions: 9
Baby Bank Exeter

There's another post a week-ish later thanking the crew
Hmmm thanks. Ideally, morally, and ethnically, the wording should have gone as follows

"We have decided to transfer £____ from our Pay pal fund that is so generously donated to regularly by our fabulous crew, towards this worthy cause".

When I was in private rent, I wasn't allowed to touch anything. I've heard of landlords letting you paint, but that's it. I put up a little set of goal posts in the garden of my private rent and I had to prove to the landlord it wasn't going to cause damage, nevermind their chicken coop

I’ve privately rented for years - various landlords/letting agents.
Always been ok to re-paint/decorate and make the place our own but always on the understanding that it all has to be put back as it was on move in day before we left. Anything we did that was going to improve the property (new carpets for example) we always made arrangements for money to be deducted from rent or for reimbursement to some level - because the landlord benefits from the place having fresh carpets or whatever.

Reactions: 6
As much as I would like to criticise her(!) her daughter isn’t really that far out to sea and it’s pretty shallow for ages on that stretch of beach - I actually think she’s able to stand there and isn’t out of her depth.

Hi another lurker ✋ been following this thread (and Tattle) for a while. I’m a journalist and I have to say it would be tricky to get anyone to cover the PayPal story - she’s too small fry to justify the investigation and legal costs. But you could get someone interested if you came from a different angle and there was something else to hook the story on. It could be anything from: these three DV victims asked for help and were ignored in hour of need; are instagrammers qualified to help vulnerable people; are influencers doing what they say on the tin or making outrageous claims for clicks (ie. helping people escape abuse). Also no one is going to be comfortable going after a heavily pregnant woman so you might have to bide your time. I hope in the meantime she’s gathering some evidence/explanation as like a lot of you I liked PTWM a lot and now I’m wondering what her silence means. Good luck!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Yeah that’s basically what she has said 😔 fromoopnorth that Iv quoted above is right. It was everything on Facebook etc that was saying about donations.

My initial thoughts were that the money was going to help people, but she would be taking a wage from it for her time/admin. The donation page doesn’t actually mention the money going to anyone else. I had just been drawn into the whole thing and didnt pick up the whole story of the subscription from the donation page when I subscribed 😔😔
See when I read it, I didn’t even get the bit about taking a wage. When she said she wanted people to donate so she could run the page and help people, I thought she meant she needed money to send to “warriors” not that we would be paying for her time! It’s only since coming here that I even realised she could mean that.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi another lurker ✋ been following this thread (and Tattle) for a while. I’m a journalist and I have to say it would be tricky to get anyone to cover the PayPal story - she’s too small fry to justify the investigation and legal costs. But you could get someone interested if you came from a different angle and there was something else to hook the story on. It could be anything from: these three DV victims asked for help and were ignored in hour of need; are instagrammers qualified to help vulnerable people; are influencers doing what they say on the tin or making outrageous claims for clicks (ie. helping people escape abuse). Also no one is going to be comfortable going after a heavily pregnant woman so you might have to bide your time. I hope in the meantime she’s gathering some evidence/explanation as like a lot of you I liked PTWM a lot and now I’m wondering what her silence means. Good luck!

Or the fact according to her book (maybe someone else can clarify) I think she was also a DV perpetrator!

I'm not a possible victim of this, by the way. I was just a very long time follower of hers. When I saw the drama a few weeks ago I started reading here and researching.

She wasn't popping up in my feed much actually, as I hadn't interacted with her for a while and I follow a tit-ton of pages 😂

But yeah, I'm appalled. And the one thing I can do to help is to give my time and share my findings with you here.

If I refer you back to my very first post in thread #5

It's about her style of writing, hiding tos and froms in emails, or they are from an R address.

These are all things that may be perfectly legit but pretty much every screenshot she shares of emails, back in the days when she would share this type of thing 🙄, they are very similar.

These are all things she has shared on the PTWM FB page:

Thumbnail 1: the spaced out dash, the cheeky ampersand, the fact that the ticket number is probably not 4 thousand and something considering the rooms held a couple of hundred people. When kind people offered to meet the lady in the comments, R replied "she's watching this post" 🙄

Thumbnail 2: an email from an R address to a P address. Ring any bells? This lady apparently donated 200 quid.

Thumbnail 3: this came before the monthly PayPal donation option. Was this ever accounted for?

I have lots more of discrepancies. Public discrepancies is all I will deal with but there's so many.

Hi, I agree, the timing is terrible with regards to her pregnancy and I honestly wish her health and wellness at this time. I believe in not invading any of her own spaces, no matter how public they are. This conversation needs to continue though. Please keep reading and following and indeed screenshotting! She may be small fry in a fame sense but she will have more people paying a monthly fee to her than most "famous" individual people in the UK. That deserves accountability, I'm sure.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I think the reason her teeth look so wide now is because when you have too many teeth in your mouth and they cross over, when you get braces and they start straightening out - you still have too many teeth in your mouth, she needs to have some removed. Maybe that's something that can't be done whilst you're pregnant I don't know.
I just know when I had braces as a teen I had to get 2 teeth removed to allow space for my crossed over ones to be straightened

I think she looks completely different to when she appeared on this morning over the Snapchat game. A game I never heard of or found any other evidence of anywhere online....
One of my daughters mates was a victim of that awful Snapchat game 😢 absolutely heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.