Part Time Working Mummy #23 A patchwork family you've created? Half your content's fabricated!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else notice how Betsy changes her tact when she spots R is filming. I wonder if R gives her the secret look to let her know this is going on the gram so don't be your usual spiteful self when brushing your little sister's hair, make it look like this happens all the time and you all love each other. My 6 year old would flip out if her 14 year old sister tried to do her hair before school. IF, IF, we were running late and I needed her to they would comply but 6 year old wouldn't be happy as I'm the mum and I do all those things. We are a big family and i do expect them to help out but I cover all the mum stuff.

Reactions: 7
Haven’t commented on these threads for a while. I watched the video of Seb making egg on toast and it struck a chord with me. I got a little part time job in a shop when I was 16 and my “supervisor” used to watch me like a hawk, constantly pointing out what I was doing wrong in a mocking way rather than encouraging. I used to go home in tears and eventually left cos I felt so bullied. They could argue that it was just a bit of banter but the fact she secretly recorded it for thousands of people to see makes me sick and I feel so sorry for the lad :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Haven’t commented on these threads for a while. I watched the video of Seb making egg on toast and it struck a chord with me. I got a little part time job in a shop when I was 16 and my “supervisor” used to watch me like a hawk, constantly pointing out what I was doing wrong in a mocking way rather than encouraging. I used to go home in tears and eventually left cos I felt so bullied. They could argue that it was just a bit of banter but the fact she secretly recorded it for thousands of people to see makes me sick and I feel so sorry for the lad :cry:

There’s a real culture of piss taking in that family- banter or not I know those kind of things stuck with me when i was 14.

I'm surprised shes not advertised the fact the perfect prep machine was #gifted.
She really needs to admit that she combi feeds. Theres thousands of women out there that feel pressure to exclusively breastfeed and she would put so many women at ease by advertising the fact she combi feeds.
If I hadn't have noticed the machine and formula I would have assumed she solely breastfed. Shes such a lazy arsed liar. Just no need for it

I'm surprised shes not advertised the fact the perfect prep machine was #gifted.
She really needs to admit that she combi feeds. Theres thousands of women out there that feel pressure to exclusively breastfeed and she would put so many women at ease by advertising the fact she combi feeds.
If I hadn't have noticed the machine and formula I would have assumed she solely breastfed. Shes such a lazy arsed liar. Just no need for it
Also... someone should message her and ask her where she purchased her prep machine from and ask for advice on combi feeding.. then IF she replies screen shot her reply 😂 so she cant deny the fact she combi feeds

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If she is combi feeding then yeah I think she should declare it. My friend does it and she doesn’t need to declare it because y’know she’s not portraying this “exclusively breastfeeding mother to many and making it work” life to thousands. You talk about women lifting up other women? Then be honest with them. Breastfeeding is HARD at times, it’s a commitment, yeah it’s a finite time in your life but it’s really a big commitment when you’re their only food source. Some followers may be thinking why don’t I have the time or energy to do this when she does?!

Reactions: 12
If she is combi feeding then yeah I think she should declare it. My friend does it and she doesn’t need to declare it because y’know she’s not portraying this “exclusively breastfeeding mother to many and making it work” life to thousands. You talk about women lifting up other women? Then be honest with them. Breastfeeding is HARD at times, it’s a commitment, yeah it’s a finite time in your life but it’s really a big commitment when you’re their only food source. Some followers may be thinking why don’t I have the time or energy to do this when she does?!
Exactly this... and also making out she only pumps every so often... which can also be tiring. Just tell your followers you feed him formula too... it's not hard to be honest.. no one will pick you apart for it... that's all we want here...honesty!

Reactions: 8
I’m by no means a perfect parent and make lots of mistakes but I just can’t see how this one plays out.

I can imagine doing a piss taking challenge with my daughter getting her to cook to a timer or something for a laugh (and I’d happily do the same challenge myself for her to laugh at me) but it’s only piss taking if it’s funny and the kids are laughing along. If you carry on when they are clearly getting upset and don’t offer them guidance you’re just being a bleeping bully on a power trip.

Also don’t film my fam for public consumption but let’s say I did, if it was clear anyone was upset on a video I’d stop short of sending it to my story. FFS what is wrong with these people?

Reactions: 14
I’m by no means a perfect parent and make lots of mistakes but I just can’t see how this one plays out.

I can imagine doing a piss taking challenge with my daughter getting her to cook to a timer or something for a laugh (and I’d happily do the same challenge myself for her to laugh at me) but it’s only piss taking if it’s funny and the kids are laughing along. If you carry on when they are clearly getting upset and don’t offer them guidance you’re just being a bleeping bully on a power trip.

Also don’t film my fam for public consumption but let’s say I did, if it was clear anyone was upset on a video I’d stop short of sending it to my story. FFS what is wrong with these people?
I think she values her followers/fans more than her own family. Once she was filming herself while holding/feeding Wilby and he was fussing, she rolled her eyes and said something like "just a minute, I have to talk to these people on Instagram". She could have stopped filming, settled him and started again but she didn't. Says it all really doesn't it

Reactions: 15
And if they’re trying to make Seb “independent”, telling him he’s doing everything wrong is not the way to go about it, in my opinion.
Exactly this.

Educate not humiliate Rach. Its a pretty standard parenting hack and is suitable for everyone to follow.

Reactions: 12
Exactly this.

Educate not humiliate Rach. Its a pretty standard parenting hack and is suitable for everyone to follow.
It's no good for the boys being humiliated by them rather than help the poor Ladthey should be building him if he struggles show him how not stand there arms folded

Reactions: 6
There are marketing rules in place for formula and baby feeding equipment, I imagine an influencer would struggle to make money off aptamil etc.

Reactions: 3
There are marketing rules in place for formula and baby feeding equipment, I imagine an influencer would struggle to make money off aptamil etc.
It's only for babies under 6 months though, so now Wilby is 6 months she could knock herself out. Plus influencers in general don't seem to give a tit about marketing/advertising guidelines.

Reactions: 9
It’s weird to me that she is letting her baby use her breast as a dummy. They are not for casual sucking for comfort. They’re for feeding.

Reactions: 8
It’s weird to me that she is letting her baby use her breast as a dummy. They are not for casual sucking for comfort. They’re for feeding.
Anything to maximise the time spent sat on her arse doing nothing constructive.

I think she values her followers/fans more than her own family. Once she was filming herself while holding/feeding Wilby and he was fussing, she rolled her eyes and said something like "just a minute, I have to talk to these people on Instagram". She could have stopped filming, settled him and started again but she didn't. Says it all really doesn't it
I remember that and was quite shocked, W was quite young at the time. Then recently as the camera is initially shoved in his face he is fussy from the start, I was thinking he looks uncomfortable and then violently throws up. To which R is most disgruntled 🤦🏻‍♀️ she's appalling. You'd never know this was her 4th child

I was catching up on this thread at the weekend and looked her posts. I haven’t followed her for so long but did lurk on here for a bit last year. I’m glad to see she is no longer randomly giving vulnerable people advice and using them for content. Also that she is no longer collecting money. She seems to be trying the regular Instagram Mummy thing. Though I don’t think she will make it to a tier one instamum as she is too controversial. It seems as though she is struggling to make the connections with her peers that she needs. She has no London Mummy connections from what I could see. She would have been better off telling the truth from the start. It must be stressful looking over your virtual shoulder every day. Though honestly, I don’t think she thinks anything through properly. She is just a dramatist for Facebook mums entertainment. Which is fine imo. Though she really should stop calling people that don’t agree with her mentally ill 🙄. It actually makes her look very insensitive/ insulting toward people that are and no one should be like that

Anyone else notice how Betsy changes her tact when she spots R is filming. I wonder if R gives her the secret look to let her know this is going on the gram so don't be your usual spiteful self when brushing your little sister's hair, make it look like this happens all the time and you all love each other. My 6 year old would flip out if her 14 year old sister tried to do her hair before school. IF, IF, we were running late and I needed her to they would comply but 6 year old wouldn't be happy as I'm the mum and I do all those things. We are a big family and i do expect them to help out but I cover all the mum stuff.
I personally don’t have issues with what Betsy does for her siblings, she’s a teenager and it’s good that she helps out. She doesn’t seem to mind it either. What I don’t like is that everything has to be filmed for Instagram, and when the kids play up for the camera because it’s always shoved in their faces.
I was catching up on this thread at the weekend and looked her posts. I haven’t followed her for so long but did lurk on here for a bit last year. I’m glad to see she is no longer randomly giving vulnerable people advice and using them for content. Also that she is no longer collecting money. She seems to be trying the regular Instagram Mummy thing. Though I don’t think she will make it to a tier one instamum as she is too controversial. It seems as though she is struggling to make the connections with her peers that she needs. She has no London Mummy connections from what I could see. She would have been better off telling the truth from the start. It must be stressful looking over your virtual shoulder every day. Though honestly, I don’t think she thinks anything through properly. She is just a dramatist for Facebook mums entertainment. Which is fine imo. Though she really should stop calling people that don’t agree with her mentally ill 🙄. It actually makes her look very insensitive/ insulting toward people that are and no one should be like that
Couldn’t agree more, particularly with that last part. 👏🏻

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.