Part Time Working Mummy #19 paid some £ for the extra E, everything else is #gifted or free!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She bangs on about being a rainbow blended family or whatever she calls it - that poor boy is not treated as a part of HER family! She doesn’t force any of HER children to give her foot rubs, or film them picking their first spot, or paint them as the odd one out.
My husband has two children. It is not easy to learn to love a child that is not biologically yours (maybe for some people it is, but on the whole I don’t believe it is how we are designed, it takes work and effort and time). I don’t go on about how amazing I am, how selfless I am and how perfect it all is because it’s not all of the time. I go to great effort to make sure they feel included and will do so even more when we have our own child. Rachel seems to get a weird kick out of singling Seb out and making him feel uncomfortable.

I would never in a million years force my husband to rub my feet if he wasn’t in the mood, let alone a child and much less a step child. Her behaviour is vile.
My son is 15 and has had a girlfriend for 7 months... I swear I treat her better than R treats those boys. We text regularly, I make sure she's OK for money to buy something to wear to a party, etc. The only thing I'm afraid of is getting too close to her, because I know eventually they'll break up. But if you want to show someone love, you can... As you said, you make an effort! She just seems to treat them as staff.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m not sure how to take the first part, that I tell you all continuously. Sorry if I come across as annoying and on repeat to anyone; not my intention. Just very difficult when you’ve been through something and working in the environment every day, to not feel passionate about something. I assure you I’m not a sock puppet (I hadn’t heard of that term before coming here so I’ve learned something new!) I can imagine it’s annoying for you all though so I’m sorry and I won’t go on about it again.

I also received a point from an admin about mentioning a smaller thread, again - sorry. I found Tattle from PTWM’s rant and was glad that someone else was highlighting what we were mentioning. But I can see when someone is a ‘blogger’, it’s probably for their own convenience and for want of more followers. I didn’t see it that way, so sorry again.
You don’t come across as annoying to me. I’m genuinely interested in your work.
You do mention your job a lot but I think that it’s always in context. After all we are dealing with someone here who claims to work in the field of DA and so I find it fascinating to compare her day with someone who actually does work and have genuine experience.
Please keep up your posts. They are always very enlightening.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
You do mention your job a lot but I think that it’s always in context. After all we are dealing with someone here who claims to work in the field of DA and so I find it fascinating to compare her day with someone who actually does work and have genuine experience.
massively agree with this!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you so much! I’ll try and refrain from talking about work so much but still highlight DA issues! Have a lovely day everyone ☺

I think the point that the previous poster was making was that we don’t know what people actually do for a job and if the claims they make are true, as the earlier threads with Cagney & Lacey showed, so to take it all with a pinch of salt.

• Haha
I think the point that the previous poster was making was that we don’t know what people actually do for a job and if the claims they make are true, as the earlier threads with Cagney & Lacey showed, so to take it all with a pinch of salt.
I know, and I do understand honestly.

Reactions: 1
I find it so odd how she shares personal messages. Thanks from her PA for her birthday treat which is shared publicly and then R publicly says no problem. Just WEIRD. To me, it undervalues doing the good deed in the first place if it has to be shouted about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My son is 15 and has had a girlfriend for 7 months... I swear I treat her better than R treats those boys. We text regularly, I make sure she's OK for money to buy something to wear to a party, etc. The only thing I'm afraid of is getting too close to her, because I know eventually they'll break up. But if you want to show someone love, you can... As you said, you make an effort! She just seems to treat them as staff.
I'm sorry but there are boundaries. Your son's girlfriend is I presume 15 too or younger. . I would not be happy with my 15 year old daughters boyfriends Mother texting her randomly especially about money.

Reactions: 22
Yes, very true. It’s a shame that a few rotten apples ruins everything for everyone else and we become less trusting.
100 % this. I totally believed 2 previous posters who claimed to be in the Police and even received a private message from one of them... how gullible do I feel now?? But I think you have always made measured and sensible posts and this will be due to your background,past and present experiences, so carry on! I work in the same field so know the frustrations of R and her DA ‘work’ (I use that term very very loosely!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm sorry but there are boundaries. Your son's girlfriend is I presume 15 too or younger. . I would not be happy with my 15 year old daughters boyfriends Mother texting her randomly especially about money.
I agree. If my child wants something/money she comes to me. It’s between us. I would feel very undermined if I was the other mother.

Reactions: 12
I don't think this is right either. You need to step back.

Reactions: 9
I agree. If my child wants something/money she comes to me. It’s between us. I would feel very undermined if I was the other mother.
Serious safeguarding issues too. The girlfriend is a child. Any non related Adult should not be texting that child.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Serious safeguarding issues too. The girlfriend is a child. Any non related Adult should not be texting that child.
Seriously? I used to text my sons gfriend too. Mainly for her to get him to reply to my texts i'd sent him that he never replies too :rolleyes: but honestly stop acting like this woman is R.

Reactions: 21
Seriously? I used to text my sons gfriend too. Mainly for her to get him to reply to my texts i'd sent him that he never replies too :rolleyes: but honestly stop acting like this woman is R.
Quite a few people on here have the savvy to know its not really advisable apart from you and the original poster it appears.

Saying it’s a serious safeguarding issue is like saying people raising legitimate issues on Tattle are trolls. Don’t lose perspective.

Genuine lol _@ Cagney & Lacey.

• Haha
Wow. I didn't expect that response. As for safeguarding: her own Mum leaves her overnight while she has to go to work. And for weekends, just expecting that she's able to stay here without asking me. I obviously also have had communication with her Mum and Dad - initiated by me as I was concerned when she'd spent two weekends here without me having any communication from her parents. The money thing was because they were going to a black tie party and she was worried she had nothing to wear - so I offered to buy her something for her birthday next week. This girl has spent the last 8 weekends at my house (in seperate bedrooms, before anyone jumps on me for that) - with us running her around to work etc - and her Mum is honestly just glad to have her out of her hair. I'm just trying to offer some kindness to this girl, who has been severely lacking in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.