Part Time Working Mummy #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why can't the older kids walk the dogs? As they live in such a lovely area, with the beach right in their doorstep.
I also think Betsy has never seemed too bothered about school before, boasting about making the teacher laugh a few days ago. Wonder if any of the teachers are on here?

Reactions: 10
It’s ok everyone calm down. Nicola McLean has told her she didn’t pass any of hers and she’s done ok🙄 page 3 and rich footballers are the way to go who needs school 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
B didn’t seem bothered the other day when her and r were laughing about a detention !

B didn’t seem bothered the other day when her and r were laughing about a detention !
One day it’s laugh at education and the next oh I can’t cope with it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9

One day it’s laugh at education and the next oh I can’t cope with it 🤷🏼‍♀️
With R's contacts she could surely talk to the Education Minister and get her 9's all the way?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I didn’t have anyone to support me when my mental health deteriorated as a teen and I didn’t take my GCSEs either but I’m using that experience to ensure my kids are as happy, healthy and supported as possible so they can get a good education. I would feel I had failed them if they ended up without a single qualification from school. Yes, you can go back but bloody hell it’s a lot harder than doing it the first time round and I wish I hadn’t had to spend my 20s working towards what I could have achieved at 16. I’m 32 come midnight and I still feel at such a disadvantage compared to my peers because I’m always a step behind and it’s affected everything. So while I agree that a child’s happiness should be the number one priority, I don’t think that their education should just be waved away as something that doesn’t matter as long as they’re kind and friendly. They may just wake up at 21 or 25 or even 30 (as in my case) and realise that the career they’re made for requires a tit ton of qualifications to even get close to and it’s a depressing situation to find yourself in.
I completely agree with this!

Happy birthday 🎂🎆

Reactions: 2
Why can't the older kids walk the dogs? As they live in such a lovely area, with the beach right in their doorstep.
I also think Betsy has never seemed too bothered about school before, boasting about making the teacher laugh a few days ago. Wonder if any of the teachers are on here?
Why can’t r walk the bleeping things herself , never mind the kids ! She’s home all day! She can manage the time and travel for her hair, lashes & nails ! She just can’t seem to manage anything else that isn’t for herself !

Reactions: 16
To be fair I'm a stay at home mum but I still have a dog walker once a week so the dog gets interaction with other dogs, our walker's amazing and takes a group of 4 dogs on a run through the forest. I could do that myself but I don't want to!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have a feeling Betsy is like this as R has put so much pressure on the girl since Wilby arrived. If B could stay at home and look after Wilby then R will let her, lets face it R is a lazy moo and likes people running around after her, its not just her that had C sections alot of us has including myself but we still have to get on with life. Betsy is infatuated with him since he was born and i did wonder whether she would become a young mother herself, she does sleep in the shed with her boyf after all. So much for safeguarding your kids.

Reactions: 6
To be fair I'm a stay at home mum but I still have a dog walker once a week so the dog gets interaction with other dogs, our walker's amazing and takes a group of 4 dogs on a run through the forest. I could do that myself but I don't want to!
She has two dogs, they don’t need interaction with other dogs. You’re right though, it’s your choice as it is hers. I just wonder who’s actually been paying for her dog walker. 🙄

Reactions: 6
The difference is, you're not taking money off strangers under the pretence of helping people, but then using that money to pay your dog walker (I hope!)

Yeah - but I bet you manage to do everything else don’t you !

Reactions: 5
Am I the only 1 that thinks it’s a big strange that the school sent B home? And looks likes she’s having today off aswel I might be wrong 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Angry
Reactions: 8
So the kid who tried to justify not doing her homework because she was away for a weekend is having breakdowns over her gcse exams? I'm not doubting she could be stressed, but surely not that much of a change in a couple of days.
I completely agree that exams aren't the be all and end all, but B just seems to have slacked off basically for the whole time I've known R has existed, and that isn't Bs fault, R should have been making sure homework is getting done from the beginning, not laughing when she gets detention.

Reactions: 13
So the kid who tried to justify not doing her homework because she was away for a weekend is having breakdowns over her gcse exams? I'm not doubting she could be stressed, but surely not that much of a change in a couple of days.
I completely agree that exams aren't the be all and end all, but B just seems to have slacked off basically for the whole time I've known R has existed, and that isn't Bs fault, R should have been making sure homework is getting done from the beginning, not laughing when she gets detention.
You’re right. As her parent, it’s R’s job to support and encourage her to do the schoolwork. Instead, she seems to just let her do whatever she wants and to hell with the consequences. Then she laughs at and shoots down J for at least trying to put his foot down. She’s like a big bleeping kid herself.

Reactions: 14
You’re right. As her parent, it’s R’s job to support and encourage her to do the schoolwork. Instead, she seems to just let her do whatever she wants and to hell with the consequences. Then she laughs at and shoots down J for at least trying to put his foot down. She’s like a big bleeping kid herself.
Exactly. Both my son and step son are nightmares when it comes to doing their homework, but until they are at an age to choose to be at school, I'm responsible for making sure it's done. She just wants to be friends with B, not a parent, and heaven forbid J tries to parent her.

Reactions: 11
Oh gosh, poor Betsy. Maybe she’s stressed because she knows her results will be all over Facebook the second she’s opened them. Or maybe we’ll have a live opening.
And we shouldn’t have known about T having her 11+ tests.

Reactions: 9
"Saving the world" :ROFLMAO: And it was 132 unopened messages. Nice to see the "admin" paid for by the PayPal are doing their job :rolleyes:
Save the world?? She can’t even save herself, she needs somebody else to take care of her. She really does have a high opinion of herself, doesn’t she? Bore off Rach 👋🏻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.