Part Time Working Mummy #14 All the donations Wilby refunded soon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, so welcoming.

Yes she did, in her Dear Tattle Life instagram stories. Or didn’t you bother to watch?

I’m so interested, especially if you know something I don’t, on what you took away from the “Tattle Rant” as to where the money was going ?

I have read in detail her appeal for Paypal donations and all I can grasp is she wanted people to donate so she could spend more time helping, she never stated the money would be going to help. Is that what you also took from that rant ?

Reactions: 4

Yel

I wonder what's behind their sudden attempts to try to disrupt here? Maybe the palpay donations slowly dying down and they are worried about the gravy train coming to the end.

If I was them I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. It's a case of when will the truth come out about the scam, rather than if.

Life is so much easier when you aren't hiding dirty secrets.

Reactions: 14
I really hope that new member doesn’t get deleted. I want her supporters to come here and explain

Reactions: 23
Mermaidio
I’ve sat on the fence and called out things that are bullshit about R, but you are wrong. She has not addressed it, she mentioned an accountant and that was it.

An accountant would lose their mind over the paypal donations and be pushing her to set up trusts etc. That hasn’t happened

I don’t think R is quite the monster some others here do, but the paypal money is shady as hell and until she actually addresses it, impossible to defend.

Reactions: 20
With regard to the Sunday Times bestseller of a book, I’ve done some research.

1. The list is compiled based on weekly sales and you only need to top the sales rankings for your particular genre ONCE to be able to say your book is a Sunday Times Bestseller. Pre-orders also count so a book that has around 10,000 pre-orders will likely become a Sunday Times bestseller immediately upon its release, hence the push on pre-orders.

2. The author does not receive very much money per book sold. There are various figures online if you look into it; obviously it’s impossible to know exactly how much Rachel earns per book sold but the general consensus is that it’s not very much. I’ve seen a couple of sources state that it is around 25p per book.

3. The first thumbnail is an estimation of actual sales based on the Amazon ranking of Rachel’s book (I found the ranking and entered it here to get this result). It is estimated that the book sells 143 copies a day, and it is currently priced at £3, which totals £429 a day. If the author is indeed receiving 25p per copy sold, this equates to around £35.75 profit per day, before tax. This figure will fluctuate as much as sales do and will definitely decrease as the book gets older and more second hand copies come into existence.

So, I think it’s pretty safe to say she’s not making a fortune from her book, regardless of it being a “bestseller”.

More info here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.entrepreneur.com/amphtml/280520

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Rach if you’re reading. I welcome any of your supporters to come here and defend you (not ranting) but explain please why they feel you’re entitled to take the money if indeed you are. And if you are taking a wage - how about 1 single post on your fb/insta saying. Thanks for the donations these are my wages, Kids clothes etc or thanks for the donations it’s all going to charity.

Mermaidio
I’ve sat on the fence and called out things that are bullshit about R, but you are wrong. She has not addressed it, she mentioned an accountant and that was it.

An accountant would lose their mind over the paypal donations and be pushing her to set up trusts etc. That hasn’t happened

I don’t think R is quite the monster some others here do, but the paypal money is shady as hell and until she actually addresses it, impossible to defend.

Agree - totally don’t think she’s a monster BUT it’s all out there on social media people are going to have their opinions. You can’t put everything out there and expect everyone to agree with you. If you want to live your life in private, don’t post on social media.

Reactions: 15
R does seem to think 'sunday times best seller is her occupation. I expect it's on her passport and how she introduces herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
R does seem to think 'sunday times best seller is her occupation. I expect it's on her passport and how she introduces herself.
Like a lot of things in Rachel’s life, it’s very misleading. It makes it sound like the book was a runaway success and that she is a brilliant writer. She isn’t. If the same book had a different name on the cover, you’d be hard pushed to get a handful of sales. The popularity is based on the fact that she is “social media famous”. Being a bestseller doesn’t mean that the book is any good or even that it is popular. How many of the people who bought the book actually thought it was amazing? I bought a copy when I was still a fan. I thought it was poorly written and mostly just regurgitated Facebook posts I had already read before. I also struggled to understand parts of it, like why her whole hometown turned against her when she got with Josh. Salient information is missing, it is a very unbalanced account of events.

Reactions: 15
Like a lot of things in Rachel’s life, it’s very misleading. It makes it sound like the book was a runaway success and that she is a brilliant writer. She isn’t. If the same book had a different name on the cover, you’d be hard pushed to get a handful of sales. The popularity is based on the fact that she is “social media famous”. Being a bestseller doesn’t mean that the book is any good or even that it is popular. How many of the people who bought the book actually thought it was amazing? I bought a copy when I was still a fan. I thought it was poorly written and mostly just regurgitated Facebook posts I had already read before. I also struggled to understand parts of it, like why her whole hometown turned against her when she got with Josh. Salient information is missing, it is a very unbalanced account of events.
100% agree

Reactions: 2
See we are willing to hear your views and discuss. We do not bully , we try to get to the bottom of where money went that was so kindly donated.

She said she spent all but a tenner of the book money on a holiday. Its in one of her posts.
She has also said she spent the book money on her braces.

Her insta stories do not address how the PayPal money has been spent.
She claims she can’t share info due to data protection but she usually has no issues filming warriors. If Rach “the hero” had helped someone it would be all over her social media accounts so that her followers could tell her how amazing she is. It’s not difficult to say this month X has been received in donations and X has been donated here and X has been donated there.
A number of organisations she claims to have worked with and donated to have confirmed they have not received any money from her.

Reactions: 10
Why is everyone still saying that PTWM has not addressed the PayPal allegations? She has, it’s still accessible in her instagram stories. Her book was a Sunday Times bestseller, hence why she can afford things she couldn’t before.
Welcome! 😊 PTWM hasn't fully addressed the questions about the PayPal money. She said in her story that it was all accounted for by an accountant. There has been no breakdown. Her donators have donated hard earned money, some of them don't earn very much. They have given out of the goodness of their hearts. All they want to know is that they haven't been duped. They would like to see a breakdown of what proportion of the money has gone where, such as how much went to DA victims and emergency situations, how much went to charities, and how much PTWM took for herself. It's not unreasonable of them to ask. Some asked politely, and when the response was not forthcoming, they asked again and possibly again in her comments. R took offence to this and called 'Troll' and 'Bully' and started blocking people.This was not nice. If people are giving money then they have a right to a reply. Taking R's word that it's all in hand is not enough. Also, some (a lot of) people who follow PTWM want to know because they now feel a person that they thought was relatable and genuine is a fraud. The silence is not helping her integrity.

Reactions: 7
She should also be making it very clear on her page so that current or future doners are aware exactly where there money is going. A clear explanation that cannot be misconstrued by anyone. E.g 'your donations go to pay my wages. None is donated to good causes' or whatever the case maybe. BE TRANSPARANT.

Reactions: 9
Why is everyone still saying that PTWM has not addressed the PayPal allegations? She has, it’s still accessible in her instagram stories.
Please explain more. As a small unregistered charity there is an expectation that she provide a financial update of what income has been received, what has been spent, expenses paid and from the outset we should have known what percentage would be remuneration. I believe all donors gave money because they wanted it to raise DV awareness and as Rachel hasn't really done much for at least a year then what has happened to the cash? Donors have a right to ask. Of course we were promised an update by Rachaele herself. I think an accountant would have recommended setting up a real charity.

Reactions: 8
100% agree. Still got the book if anyone wants it? Been banned from ban_tattle_life_ hahaha.

Reactions: 3
I wonder what's behind their sudden attempts to try to disrupt here? Maybe the palpay donations slowly dying down and they are worried about the gravy train coming to the end.

If I was them I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. It's a case of when will the truth come out about the scam, rather than if.

Life is so much easier when you aren't hiding dirty secrets.

They're after nasty comments so they can screenshot them and say 'Look at the nasty trolls and what vile, horrific things they are writing'
Don't rise to it. The only way to beat them is to keep your responses intelligent and articulate. There are plenty of people here who can do this, I've seen it many times throughout the threads.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
J K Rowling, Iain Banks, Sophie Kinsella etc are all best selling authors who make the kind of money we are talking about here, Rachel is not a best selling author who makes enough money to fund this lifestyle.

However as an 'influencer' with a very large following she can probably command in excess of £5000 per 'ad' and when you think of the amount she does it's not hard to see why their lifestyle has changed.

I don't doubt that she has behaved abominally over the PayPal funds but I think their new lifestyle has been achieved by selling out their offspring's childhoods !

Reactions: 18
J K Rowling, Iain Banks, Sophie Kinsella etc are all best selling authors who make the kind of money we are talking about here, Rachel is not a best selling author who makes enough money to fund this lifestyle.

However as an 'influencer' with a very large following she can probably command in excess of £5000 per 'ad' and when you think of the amount she does it's not hard to see why their lifestyle has changed.

I don't doubt that she has behaved abominally over the PayPal funds but I think their new lifestyle has been achieved by selling out their offspring's childhoods !

Over the last few years Instagram has really hit new heights - what will be interesting / sad to see will be the end result - 15 years down the line when all of these influencers children are trying to build their lives / careers/ university lives. Imagine Wilby aged 14 and all of the girls knowing his “ball bag” has been discussed on social media. The boys who have all heard about R shitting herself, talking about her baps.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Still taking cash through PayPal though.

Reactions: 4
Why is everyone still saying that PTWM has not addressed the PayPal allegations? She has, it’s still accessible in her instagram stories. Her book was a Sunday Times bestseller, hence why she can afford things she couldn’t before.
Welcome 😀

Rachaele just simply saying she has addressed the issue does not make it so. She hasn’t. I donate to St. John’s Ambulance. They regularly keep me updated on what my money is spent on, including how much goes on admin.

Here’s an idea. Why don’t you comment on Rachaele’s latest story. “Please could you give me a full breakdown of how the donations to PayPal and the Go Fund Me accounts have been spent please” I bet you won’t dare, because you know you’ll be instantly blocked. And that should really tell you something about the person you follow.

Go on, try it 😀

I quite like these fans coming and bringing their own take on St. Rach of Shambleton. Makes for an interesting discussion instead of us mostly agreeing with each other and inevitably picking at little things she does because we’ve covered the where is the money aspect to death.

Reactions: 20
Definitely agree on all st rachelieieooooo fans asking her if she would be kind enough to tell them where the paypal donations /go fund me money has been spent , you know in an actual financial statement , not just that she has an accountant . Being as the charities have stated they dont receive it .

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.