Part Time Working Mummy #13 All the donations Wilby refunded soon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where’s the money Rachel/Rachael/Rachaele? Is it just me or would anyone else love to see her birth certificate to see exactly how her name is spelt? Her book, her Facebook page, her documents all have different spellings.
NHS need correct details on their wristbands so I think we can now all assume that spelling is the correct one. I for one am disappointed its not spelt Rachaellllleeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I too am struggling to understand why josh was allowed to stay overnight though? with all of my children my husband had to leave at 8pm, even when our son was severely poorly and in the special baby care unit he still wasn’t allowed to stay overnight and had to leave 😢 single private rooms were only used for women who’s babies were in the special baby care unit or for women who had a still birth and were recovering from a csection etc to have privacy to grieve 💔
So I have wondered why they’re got a private room along with J staying overnight- they must have paid for a private room?
I think what we are discovering is every trust/hospital seems to be different and I can't imagine she is getting any special treatment , although i could be wrong.

Reactions: 5
Do you think she asked that midwife/doctor/nurse if she minded being filmed on her stories?

Reactions: 2
Where’s the money Rachel/Rachael/Rachaele? Is it just me or would anyone else love to see her birth certificate to see exactly how her name is spelt? Her book, her Facebook page, her documents all have different spellings.
This is where my geeky genealogy skills come in handy 😂 you can check anyone's entry on the birth registers, up to around the mid 1980s, on a website called www.freebmd.org.uk 😉

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My husband was able to stay with me, he stayed all the nights I had to stay in after my son was born and had the option to stay with me when I stayed before my daughter came.

Lots of the ladies had partners stay on the ward before their babies arrived and also after. I think it’s lovely he’s been able to stay and bond with his new son and help out his wife he’s just had a baby.

I’m sure their kids are being well looked after by other family members and what’s wrong with that?

Yes you can. My local hospital charge about £100 a night I believe. My husband offered to pay for me but I was happy on the ward.
It’s good to see times have changed or some hospitals policies have changed 😊x
My husband was booted out ... they have a delivery ward you then move onto the maternity ward which he wasn’t allowed on ... It would’ve been nice 😊 .. they said it made other mums uncomfortable with other men there 🤷🏻‍♀️
Definitely good now tho that this is allowed ... I was just 🙄 at ptwm as he does everything normally
I’m sure the kids at home are fine lol don’t get why folk are worried about that ... I looked after my friends little girl while her and her hubby had their second baby as they don’t have family ... think kids understand and will be excited to visit / have them home x

Reactions: 3
Toys in the hospital crib 😣 such a massive SIDS risk. you’d think she’d more responsible and set a good example to her followers, who may look to her for parenting advise. Surprised the midwives haven’t told her to remove it. Or maybe they have and she’s just put it in for the picture 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
My husband was allowed to stay on both occasions 6 & 2 years ago. Both before & after delivery, I was induced. We were told that simply they don’t have enough midwives to do the basic care needs that doesn’t actually require a midwife. Like taking you to the loo, getting breakfast, stuff like that.

Reactions: 1
Wilby isn't what I'd choose but it could be worse. Someone I know recently had a baby boy & named him Dennis...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Toys in the hospital crib 😣 such a massive SIDS risk. you’d think she’d more responsible and set a good example to her followers, who may look to her for parenting advise. Surprised the midwives haven’t told her to remove it. Or maybe they have and she’s just put it in for the picture 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yep, shocked by this too

Reactions: 1
Unusual a maternity ward letting him stay so late ! He’s in a pull out chair wonder if he’s stopping ? How others have to cope course she needs him to do everything for her
My other half was allowed to sleep over in a pull out chair when I had our son. We were in a private room for 2 nights and then a shared room, he had the option to stay every night but I think he only slept 2 nights. The private room may have been because our boy was very premature and in the NICU though. The sleeping over was for all partners as the women in the shared ward had their partners sleeping on the pull out chairs

Why does she have to wait for her husband to hand baby to her for a feed? She had the baby at 11.30am yesterday, I’d assume she’d be able to walk again now. I’ve had two c-sections and was back on my feet within 6 hours for both once I got the feeling back in my legs. Also had to do it all by myself as my husband wasn’t allowed to stay, and my first was an emergency cesarean under GA. Not having a go, just genuinely curious.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Why does she have to wait for her husband to hand baby to her for a feed? She had the baby at 11.30am yesterday, I’d assume she’d be able to walk again now. I’ve had two c-sections and was back on my feet within 6 hours for both once I got the feeling back in my legs. Also had to do it all by myself as my husband wasn’t allowed to stay, and my first was an emergency cesarean under GA. Not having a go, just genuinely curious.
Everyone is different, first section I couldn’t move, the spinal still hadn’t worn off 7 hours later, and then when it did wear off it was so so painful (emergency section)

With my elective section I was up and walking 2 hours after I’d had him, off my meds by the next day and in no pain.

Reactions: 9
My spinal didn't wear off until 14 hours after my delivery, the next day everytime I got up I collapsed because my bp was so low so moving around was difficult. I really struggled with my recovery, I ended up with sepsis. Everyone is different, some people bounce back, some people take longer. I know even once I was home it was painful to pick my baby up from her bed so wherever possible someone else did it for me.

• Sad
It's just the feeling I get but it really does seem like the boys get sidelined. The youngest one always seems to be trying to please, the way he is always smiling but doesn't say much just looks at the girls who are very much the favs in my opinion.

I get why the eldest doesn't appear much as it's his choice etc. But the girls seem to be on such a pedalstool particularly B and E.
I just hope they try to give the boys the attention they need and not make them feel pushed out.

Reactions: 8
For some reason I think she might change his name 🤷‍♀️ Not sure why but every since I seen josh’s face I just thought mmm I feel like the might change it ..

Reactions: 5
My spinal didn't wear off until 14 hours after my delivery, the next day everytime I got up I collapsed because my bp was so low so moving around was difficult. I really struggled with my recovery, I ended up with sepsis. Everyone is different, some people bounce back, some people take longer. I know even once I was home it was painful to pick my baby up from her bed so wherever possible someone else did it for me.
That’s awful. Was anybody able to stay with you in hospital? I developed sepsis with my first too, they treated me for it while I was in labour but I remember feeling like I was going to die. At the time I just thought I was being a wimp and was crap at handling labour but it turned out it was all going wrong. I think I made myself bounce back too quickly with my first because I wanted to prove I was fit enough to go home. We ended up being kept in for a further week as my son had some problems though, but my husband wasn’t allowed to stay with us past visiting x

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Unusual a maternity ward letting him stay so late ! He’s in a pull out chair wonder if he’s stopping ? How others have to cope course she needs him to do everything for her
I work on maternity and the rules have changed. All dads/birth partners are allowed to stay over night. She’s not actually having special treatment, it’s for everyone. X

Reactions: 13
Times change - years ago men weren't even allowed in the delivery room 🤷🏼‍♀️

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, really fed up of people trying to mod the thread themselves!

FYI I'm 36 but traditional with surnames - I took my husband's name so did my kids. Also not fussed on Wilby but then I'm not fussed on my best friends kids names choice either 🤷🏼‍♀️ It's my opinion!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I work on maternity and the rules have changed. All dads/birth partners are allowed to stay over night. She’s not actually having special treatment, it’s for everyone. X
My dad stayed with my mum when my brother was born 14 years ago and I had my mum and partner stay with me after labour overnight 7 years ago x

I only asked if private rooms were something that could be paid for because I had no idea - genuine curiosity, not a conspiracy theory! I also assumed the NHS had set rules so it’s interesting to see that it varies hugely but a bit sad that it depends on your post code whether Dad can stay or not.

I don’t understand why people are being precious about us discussing his name, it doesn’t mean we’re “taking it out on the kids”. It’s just opinions. My opinion on his name is not influenced by how I feel about his mother’s behaviour.

It didn’t take long for her to film herself feeding did it? It’s a shame for her family that nothing is off limits. It doesn’t surprise me that Seb wants to distance himself from being shown as I can imagine teenage boys might take the piss quite a bit if they’ve seen so much of your stepmum 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.