Part Time Working Mummy #13 All the donations Wilby refunded soon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It just seemed like a very flippant conversation whilst she was filming not much thought in it ... like that will do ! I honestly thought she was going to ask their opinions THINK about it and talk to josh maybe and decide / announce later ! Lol she might change it
I thought that too - like you're not naming a chicken here guys, this is a human boy!

Having said that, I think Wilby is sweet for a baby as a nickname, it just think it's a difficult "proper" name to grow into. Just my opinion though 😊

He's beautiful 😍 I'm just a bit sad that we're going to see so much of him, if you know what I mean?

Reactions: 5
Same, second time round we had a toddler and my stepson needed picking up from school for the weekend as our youngest was born on a Friday. We had a couple of hours together and that was it.
I think my partner was with me for about 6 hours in the 3 nights I was in hospital. My eldest was my priority as nearly 2 years old they understand more than a newborn.

Unusual a maternity ward letting him stay so late ! He’s in a pull out chair wonder if he’s stopping ? How others have to cope course she needs him to do everything for her
Are they in a Private room within an NHS hospital. . Is that why Josh packed a bag for him as well.
I had a private room with both my babies, 9 years apart! Partners were welcome to stay 24/7 but it was just a pull out sofa bed thing. I think there were 5 private rooms on a first come first served basis, to low risk mothers. Quite a large hospital.

Reactions: 12
I had a private room with both my babies, 9 years apart! Partners were welcome to stay 24/7 but it was just a pull out sofa bed thing. I think there were 5 private rooms on a first come first served basis, to low risk mothers. Quite a large hospital.
You can pay £250 ish for a private room in the hospitals near where I live. I thought the same visiting hours applied though?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I had my son by C-section in Torbay hospital, where Rachaeaeaele has just had Wilby ( 😂) My partner was expected to leave though at the end of visiting hours and come back the next morning. So I'm really not sure why Josh is being allowed to stay, if he is...

• Wow
Reactions: 11
You can pay £250 ish for a private room in the hospitals near where I live. I thought the same visiting hours applied though?
It must depend on the hospital I guess? The private rooms (which I didnt pay for, I just went into labour on a quiet day 😂) were off a corridor away from the main ward).

I recently stayed in hospital overnight for something not at all preggo related and ended up in a private room again, but this was off a main ward and normal visiting hours applied there.

I must get lucky with the private rooms for some reason 😂

Whilst I do not agree with many of her actions, it doesn’t sit right with me that a newborn baby has now become the target for some unnecessary spite.

Some of the comments regarding his name for example are quite cruel, imagine if it was said by a child in a playground directly to him?

We all came here for answers on PayPal spends and lack of safeguarding, a newborn baby is not responsible for her actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Our local hospital has private rooms. I believe they're free, but they're assigned first come first served, with priority given to mums whose babies have gone to the NICU so they're not on the wards with the babies, then c-section mums so their partners can stay and help out while they're still immobile.

Reactions: 10
Whilst I do not agree with many of her actions, it doesn’t sit right with me that a newborn baby has now become the target for some unnecessary spite.

Some of the comments regarding his name for example are quite cruel, imagine if it was said by a child in a playground directly to him?

We all came here for answers on PayPal spends and lack of safeguarding, a newborn baby is not responsible for her actions.
There is no spite whatsoever to the baby. Many of us have commented on his name which is our opinion.
If she wasn't putting every damn aspect of her life out there then I would aggree and say no one has a right to discuss it. But she does and so therefore she has to expect people will have their views. In no way has anyone said anything spiteful towards this new born baby.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

The thing is it probably will be said to his face by children many times, but that’s very different to what has been done here. As you say, he is a baby, he isn’t going to be aware of what is being written in a forum - and it’s not spite, it’s opinions. Some people have said they like it, others have disagreed. What difference does it make?

• Sad
Reactions: 14
My son was allowed to stay 2 nights in our local NHS hospital when my grandson was born. They encourage fathers to stay where possible here

I'm of an age where I remember Bob Geldof and Paula Yates were mocked mercilessly for calling their children Fifi, Peaches and Pixie - those names seem pretty standard now!

Thoughts on baby names will always be popular.

Ack, if you're in the public eye then people are going to have opinions. Personally, I would never be disparaging or nasty about any child of an influencer/ celeb as they are entirely innocent. It's not their choice to be in the public eye. I would report anything here that I thought to be cruel without a second thought.

In fact, think how many proper celebrities keep their kids away from cameras? A lot of them do. Whereas family influencers seem to do the opposite and sell them for bread and butter 😪

Reactions: 19
I'm of an age where I remember Bob Geldof and Paula Yates were mocked mercilessly for calling their children Fifi, Peaches and Pixie - those names seem pretty standard now!

Thoughts on baby names will always be popular.

Ack, if you're in the public eye then people are going to have opinions. Personally, I would never be disparaging or nasty about any child of an influencer/ celeb as they are entirely innocent. It's not their choice to be in the public eye. I would report anything here that I thought to be cruel without a second thought.

In fact, think how many proper celebrities keep their kids away from cameras? A lot of them do. Whereas family influencers seem to do the opposite and sell them for bread and butter 😪
That’s because proper celebrities are famous for having a talent which they do for a living. Influencers have nothing to offer other than a window into their homes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is that something you can pay for?
No it’s not. I had a private room with my youngest. Dads were also welcome on the ward 24/7. My other kids were with aunties and grandparents.

Same routine happened with all my kids. I have 7 of them. Eldest was born 20 years ago.

When she said they had all gone home I assumed Josh had gone with them. I would have loved my husband to stay over with us when our babies were born.
Our hospital allows dads to stay, even on the ward not just private rooms but they don’t get a bed just a big reclining chair x

Reactions: 2
Our hospital has private rooms, you don’t HAVE to pay, but if you don’t you may be moved for someone of higher priority who needs it. They’re £60. Partners can stay in the rooms and on the maternity suite but not in the bays on the maternity ward. I was put in a private room when our youngest was born as he was on NICU and not with me.
I think fathers should be able to stay when the family want him to. Some people prioritise an older child at home and that’s fine if that’s what they want, but can you imagine being told hours after your child is born (sometimes less) that you have to leave them? I was at my most vulnerable after giving birth, I needed that support both emotionally and physically, and I was an absolute state when he had to leave after my eldest was born (we went straight home from the delivery room after middle was born) because I needed him there. I don’t think it’s really on to slag her off for that because “everyone else has to cope”. They shouldn’t have to, and let’s not pretend that that’s what the staff are for because there aren’t enough midwives and HCAs to go round, at my local hospital it’s one midwife to eight women on the maternity ward, and one HCA to four.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Unusual a maternity ward letting him stay so late ! He’s in a pull out chair wonder if he’s stopping ? How others have to cope course she needs him to do everything for her
My other half was allowed to stay the first night (had a c section so was in 2 nights) was a god send as I still had numb legs from the spinal. He had to everything, bar feeding. But even then he had to pass my LG to me as I couldn't move. He had a very uncomfy chair to sleep on! He had to go home second night.

Are they in a Private room within an NHS hospital. . Is that why Josh packed a bag for him as well.
I had a private room in an nhs hospital, you can pay, in our hospital it was £200. I didn't have to pay because of my job and it was classed as high risk for me to be on a ward. I would have paid, after a section and a 2 night stay you need the privacy really.

Also visiting for partners and other children over 12 was 24/7. There were set visiting times for all others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

This.

Reactions: 17
My husband was able to stay with me, he stayed all the nights I had to stay in after my son was born and had the option to stay with me when I stayed before my daughter came.

Lots of the ladies had partners stay on the ward before their babies arrived and also after. I think it’s lovely he’s been able to stay and bond with his new son and help out his wife he’s just had a baby.

I’m sure their kids are being well looked after by other family members and what’s wrong with that?

Is that something you can pay for?
Yes you can. My local hospital charge about £100 a night I believe. My husband offered to pay for me but I was happy on the ward.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.