Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really love this podcast - but I had 3 adverts on this week's one before the kids introduce them. It is too much!
Yeah it’s annoying. I just skip them in the car but when I have it playing through Alexa or whatever it’s not as easy! Not as bad as SMA podcast though where the first ten mins are adverts 🙈

Is anyone going to any of the lives next month?

Reactions: 4
Yeah it’s annoying. I just skip them in the car but when I have it playing through Alexa or whatever it’s not as easy! Not as bad as SMA podcast though where the first ten mins are adverts 🙈

Yes, that Hello Fresh ad on there is a good five mins - so annoying

Reactions: 2
I’d like them to sack the intro with the kids saying their names. Very boring now.

Listened to the latest ep this morning, Rob goes from being like a therapist to Josh to his biggest bully in the space of 5 mins 😂 Josh’s mid life crisis is funny and right on brand for him though. As someone who turned 40 a few years ago, it is making me laugh hearing Josh kinda panic about getting old. It comes to us all. May as well make peace with it and just accept who you are not who you were. If that’s a boring old 40 year old then so be it 😁

Reactions: 3
I literally got to the jimmy carr so this week in my catch up backlog and he says the names and says he just doesn’t use them on the pod but openly acknowledged them in his book.!
I feel like he isn’t keeping them under total lock and key but he isn’t saying them unless he has to. Which is a fair balanced approach.
I think it’s Rob’s rule rather than Josh’s and Josh just doesn’t mention their names as it would sound weird if he mentioned their names when Rob doesn’t

I think it’s Rob’s rule rather than Josh’s and Josh just doesn’t mention their names as it would sound weird if he mentioned their names when Rob doesn’t
Yeah Josh dedicated his book to his children but Rob dedicated his to "Gavin and Malcolm" so I think he's definitely the one behind the lack of use. Rob seemed quite shocked Josh had let the Daily Mail take photos of the family at the event they were at (I think before Christmas) as he went on a whole thing about how he wouldn't like it and wouldn't know how to tell the girls they couldn't get their photo taken. To be fair, I've got a lot of respect for them doing it that way. Even with this being a parenting podcast I don't feel like the kids are exploited in the same way as others. Their stories (likely exaggerated for effect) perhaps but at least they're not putting their faces out there to follow them all over!

Reactions: 7

I’m going! Going on my own but looking forward to it

I thought they said it was Jon Richardson today and I was excited - but it’s not

It wasn’t Jon Richardson but I thought Alex Jones was fab! I like her anyways but it was good to hear her being funny and you could tell Rob and Josh enjoyed it too!

Reactions: 10
It wasn’t Jon Richardson but I thought Alex Jones was fab! I like her anyways but it was good to hear her being funny and you could tell Rob and Josh enjoyed it too!
Yes really enjoyed todays! I don’t watch the one show or anything but didn’t realise she had such a personality 😂

Yeah I enjoyed today’s after my initial disappointment!

Reactions: 1
When Josh doesn’t enjoy it he doesn’t hardly speak - like the Sam & Billie Faires episode… Rob carried the whole entire conversation.

Reactions: 4
I had a dream I was married to Josh last night 😭

… I’d probably be more fun than Rose 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 8
See I think that about Rob too. I love how he talks about Lou and the girls.

I think they're both good guys. They're obviously different but it works!

Reactions: 16
Just caught up on yesterday's episode. I'm not the biggest Alex Jones fan but this was a genuinely funny episode. Really liked it

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.