Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I would make a thread, as I think there are a few people on here that listens to it!

I loved Tuesdays episode with the Hamster situation!

Reactions: 5
I love listening to the boys podcast but Jeez they make a meal out of parenting. Some of the situations Josh Widdacomb describes with the new baby make me want to scream I’d love to go round and tell them to get on with it !

Reactions: 6
I’m a long time listener! Love it. I personally love just hearing them moan about parenting. Definitely makes me feel better about my own situation (and smug because I’m past the baby stage 🤣). So refreshing to hear dads talking about parenting. In saying that, I can’t convince my husband to listen I’m afraid 😆 I think Rob is pretty good at interviewing. It doesn’t come as naturally to Josh but I still like him, probably more so when they don’t have a guest. Rob comes alive when there’s a guest on.

Reactions: 10
I’m a long time listener! Love it. I personally love just hearing them moan about parenting. Definitely makes me feel better about my own situation (and smug because I’m past the baby stage 🤣). So refreshing to hear dads talking about parenting. In saying that, I can’t convince my husband to listen I’m afraid 😆 I think Rob is pretty good at interviewing. It doesn’t come as naturally to Josh but I still like him, probably more so when they don’t have a guest. Rob comes alive when there’s a guest on.
Agree with all this!

I’ve just unsubscribed from a similar podcast because it’s no where near as funny as these two, just love listening to their honest take on parenting. I actually prefer the episodes without guests (though enjoy the variety) anyone else agree?

Reactions: 12
Love the podcast, agree I think I prefer the non guest episodes! Also yes Josh and that new baby you would think it was the first 😂

Reactions: 4
Long time listener too and it's brilliant. I think it's because they are so different, different worlds but something about parenting brings them together.

Love Robs parenting and made me speak to my husband about the Mental load, I hadn't even thought about it, I just got on with a lot of what he talks about. Very refreshing to hear him talk about that.

Josh makes me fancy him somehow on the podcast but when I watch him on TV it disappears 😂

Never fails to make me Laugh out loud. I hope they do one with their wives. So interesting to hear them say they never thought they would speak so open about their private lives but it flows so well, feels like we are all in therapy ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Long time listener too and it's brilliant. I think it's because they are so different, different worlds but something about parenting brings them together.

Love Robs parenting and made me speak to my husband about the Mental load, I hadn't even thought about it, I just got on with a lot of what he talks about. Very refreshing to hear him talk about that.

Josh makes me fancy him somehow on the podcast but when I watch him on TV it disappears 😂

Never fails to make me Laugh out loud. I hope they do one with their wives. So interesting to hear them say they never thought they would speak so open about their private lives but it flows so well, feels like we are all in therapy ☺
Totally agree!! I can imagine josh laughing his butt off hearing you say that about fancying him 😂 I must admit I feel the same except about Rob 🤣

I also spoke to my husband about the mental load but it is still a hard thing to explain!

I think as well, it’s obvious they are different to us because of their jobs but listening to them talk about parenting just makes them so relatable if that makes sense. Just love hearing I’m in the same boat as someone else. I keep trying to make my husband listen as I know he’d love it and feel better about things but no luck yet.

also love how private they are online about their kids, I.e. if you walked past their kid at the park you wouldn’t know and I think that’s so important! But secretly loved the latest episode when Josh talked about his names as I’ve always been curious but totally respected his privacy/choices

Reactions: 8
Yes me too about the names! I'm surprised I actually like Josh's names they are really nice :)

You wouldn't think a podcast about parenting would still be going after 18 months but every episode is still so good. I tried what Rob says he does on a Saturday morning to try and get an extra couple of hours and it worked this morning!! bloody amazing ha

Reactions: 3
Invaluable advice from Rob there 😁

Yesterday’s episode made me laugh because I’m from Glasgow and they were slagging off our accent. There’s potential to be offended but I just find it funny because I think there accents sound funny. You can tell Rob doesn’t like Scottish people much but I won’t hold that against him. Maybe his gigs have bombed here and he holds that against us 😂

Reactions: 2
Does anyone still listen to this? I love it so much!
I do! I also love it and look forward to it every week. For a while I had a tonne of old episodes to listen to but now I'm fully caught up and a bit gutted about it 🤣

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.