Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Potatopatato

Rob is more than too much at times - Josh is very easy to listen to, Rob seems pretty useless at calming Josh when he appears anxious, Rob is more interested about stressing him out even more.
Have to disagree with this. He does sometimes wind him up but when josh was really going through the shit last year, rob was great at trying to help him understand anxiety and how he was taking on too much. They were really good eps actually.

Reactions: 35

hippolife

I stopped listening because Rob moaning about the audience not buying enough books as payback for receiving a free podcast was just too irritating.

If he thinks people will pay for the podcast, then charge them. If it’s not worth his while to put it out, then stop. I have no interest in listening to a product that a person willingly puts out for my consumption, and then being moaned at for doing so.
He’s joking ffs.. doesn’t sound like you get his humour at all

Reactions: 27

Don't tag me, there's a support forum!
If people don't want to rave about these people could someone set up a non-rave thread, thanks

jayne2240

VIP Member
Aahhhh see for me I don’t mind if they’re not completely relatable to be honest. I don’t think they come across as bragging in the way some influencers do, and that’s where the real issues lie for me with people. Rob & Josh are famous and obviously in lucrative careers, they’re both very very successful and therefore it’s obvious they’re going to have more money & possessions etc than the majority of us. I don’t think there’s much wrong with them discussing that to be honest, I prefer that they’re upfront as it would be worse if we were to find they were taking 5 holidays a year and lying about it on the podcast.

• Heart
I love the podcast, still working my way through episodes as I was late to the party! I must say I have the utmost respect for R&J and wives for keeping their kids off their social media. Interesting (and refreshing) to hear Rob say that he couldn't share an anecdote about one of the girls as she had asked him not to and he was respecting that... although it could leave him with a content problem for the show in the not too distant future if the kids start vetoing all the stories :LOL: The Solomon-Swashes, Hinches, Judds etc could learn a lot from these guys about not using their kids as cash cows!!!

Reactions: 26

clmay

So positive for men to be openly talking about mental health. Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50 in the UK and these conversations can only be a really good thing

• Heart

weeweegie

VIP Member
I’ve not listened to todays episode yet but I’ve been loving the recent episodes where they are just pissin themselves laughing over daft stuff. I’ve said it before but the ones with just them are funnier than guest episodes I think. They’ve got great chemistry together.

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
Listened to Tuesdays episode in the car today. So funny! The chat about the audience at barnard castle 🤣 and them just pissin themselves, loved it. And listener correspondence was very good this week. Cheered me up on the morning commute!

I do wish they’d come to Scotland on their tour as they’ve just completely left us out. I sometimes think comedians are scared to tour in Glasgow (unless you’re Kevin Bridges, who moves into the hydro for a full month 🤣).
Just reading back on this thread (only just found it!) and my email was actually read out on this episode….I’m the one who’s son calls shorts open trousers 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

disneys

VIP Member
We got a shout out on the pod today - I think Lou reads here !!!! Hi guys , we’re not slagging you off , we love you (and we love Lou and Rose too)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Absolutely. I listen to Elis James and John Robins also and they talk about things in a really natural way (John for example has some "darkness", had a gambling addiction in his late teens and an issue with alcohol), but they talk about it so openly. They have another side podcast (How do you cope) where they interview people on how THEY cope. They've had quite a few good people on there.

They've also done wonders for people feeling better (myself included), it's just nice to hear men talking about this stuff.

There's absolutely no shame in it, so for me it's nice to hear people be so open about their MH. It does help to talk. And it really does help to not only hear men talk about it but men who on the face of it, have it "good".

That being said, they can really get rid of the kids introducing the show now - they've made their point. Everyone can say Rob Beckett, Josh Widdecombe is harder. Ha. Ha.

I wonder at which point they'll get their own kids on? Still protecting their identity of course, but I wonder if they'll be on next for their own wee rebuttal episode. I think it could be cute.
👏🏼

Rob and Josh make myself feel better like you say. I had my baby in lockdown and a group of extremely toxic friends who questioned everything I did with my baby (I let my baby fall asleep on me but this was apparently bad and weird yet driving their baby to sleep in the car at 9pm every night was normal 🙄). I only discovered the podcast affer lockdown and it made me realise I’m completely normal and not a shit mum. I wish I had discovered it sooner.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Lola UK

VIP Member
Omg!! The way I nearly dropped the wine glass I was washing up when I heard that 🤣

If you read here, we aren’t all crazy. I just don’t know anyone in real life who listens and like to discuss it 🤣

We haven’t said anything bad have we?!

Lou if you’re reading, all we want to know is who the worst and most boring guest was 🤞🏻 cough twice for Russell Kane.

I think it’s a shame when people come on this site and go straight to the Mrs Hinch threads because they are a little unhinged and it definitely doesn’t reflect us all 🤪

• Haha

LoTiLu

Chatty Member
Have to disagree with this. He does sometimes wind him up but when josh was really going through the shit last year, rob was great at trying to help him understand anxiety and how he was taking on too much. They were really good eps actually.
Absolutely, they’re obviously close enough that Rob knows when he can wind Josh up about how stressed and anxious he gets, but like you say when Josh was really struggling Rob spoke so well and had great advice, I cried listening to those episodes 🙈 I was going through a tough time and found it really helped!

• Heart

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Yeah, Rob is friendly with a few people who don’t get an easy time on here.

Tattle always feels like a site of two halves to me. There are some threads that I think go too far, and they are often the ones that get quoted or referred to. And then lots of other threads that are just people chatting and debating stuff perfectly ‘nicely’. And I do think it’s totally legitimate on any thread to call out people who are using their kids on social media to make money and storing up who knows what harm for them in the future, which Rob and Josh do not do.

Reactions: 21

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
I liked today’s episode. Very honest and from the heart, think Josh was brave to share all that he has been going through, and thought Rob was very supportive. Just goes to show that you never know how people are feeling on the inside, despite what you see on the outside. A good reminder to always be kind.

Reactions: 20

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Listening to today's Care episode - sad to hear Josh has been drinking to deal with things. The anti-depressants seem like a bad move unless he can stay off them long term.

Rob suggested they take so much work to please others - I wonder if their agent coerce Josh or Rob into taking on too many tv jobs.

Having said that they are both very fortunate they don't have to work 5 late shifts per week in retail for minimum wage - they are fortunate to earn many thousands of pounds per week, they could drop anything work related and take 3 or 6 months off. Not sure Rob's ego would allow him to do that.
I don't think it's Robs ego in the slightest. He has mentioned in the past that he's had the fear that this could all end for him tomorrow so he has previously taken on as much work as he can so that he has future security. He also admitted he's been able to ease himself away from that mindset slightly and doesn't say yes to absolutely everything now. The reason they're probably on TV so much just now is a new season of Rob and Romesh and having to "do the rounds" for it. Also, he filmed something recently that looked like it was a Christmas special. I'm guessing he can't dictate other shows schedules 😂

Ronlonglegs

VIP Member
Aahhhh see for me I don’t mind if they’re not completely relatable to be honest. I don’t think they come across as bragging in the way some influencers do, and that’s where the real issues lie for me with people. Rob & Josh are famous and obviously in lucrative careers, they’re both very very successful and therefore it’s obvious they’re going to have more money & possessions etc than the majority of us. I don’t think there’s much wrong with them discussing that to be honest, I prefer that they’re upfront as it would be worse if we were to find they were taking 5 holidays a year and lying about it on the podcast.
I agree and as someone who loves comedy I love hearing about the stuff behind the scenes and all of that they share. Plus for me they both had fairly humble upbringing and seem to appreciate their privilege not rub it in faces. They are funny, likeable guys and money or not, parenting brings up alot of common ground

Ronlonglegs

VIP Member
I didn't think it was that bad. Nothing to note from it though so a bit meh. Todays Rob and Josh episode had me in hysterics tho, the story of robs electric car issue was so funny. Loads of funny bits throughout actually, very good. The best episodes are just the boys, but I enjoy the interviews too especially comedians

Reactions: 19

Potatopatato

Totally agree with this. I don't want to listen to people who live the same life as me, I do that every day with friends and at work etc. love hearing how the other half live & what people spend all their money on. Doesn't make me envious or annoyed, I love it 😂

Miss Weebs

Lou... if you are keeping updated here... I don't like to ask, but please can you ask Rob to put subtitles on his insta stories so I can understand him while I've got my poorly sleeping baby on me 😂😂

I'm not sure either of them do actually, if you could sort both, thanks so much 🤣
Captions on Josh's stories this morning very much noted and appreciated 😂🙌🙌

• Heart
  • Haha