Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh he'd be amazing! And Bob Mortimer hoping if I say it out loud enough times it will happen 😅
Oh yeah he would!

Listened to the one about Josh not looking forward to his 40th today. And wanting to smarten up a bit. Made me laugh, in the past it was called a mid life crisis 😅 I thought Rob went hard slagging him off and laughing at him though. Josh never takes offence does he, he just takes it! I know he hates confrontation but it’s amazing to listen to. Rob really gets stuck in sometimes and never gets a rise out of Josh. It is funny though. I suppose that’s the whole point 😂

Reactions: 4
Oh yeah he would!

Listened to the one about Josh not looking forward to his 40th today. And wanting to smarten up a bit. Made me laugh, in the past it was called a mid life crisis 😅 I thought Rob went hard slagging him off and laughing at him though. Josh never takes offence does he, he just takes it! I know he hates confrontation but it’s amazing to listen to. Rob really gets stuck in sometimes and never gets a rise out of Josh. It is funny though. I suppose that’s the whole point 😂
I think Josh does give as good as he gets but it comes out in really unexpected moments. Josh beat Rob in a comedy award a few years ago and josh always picks such good moments to bring it up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think Josh does give as good as he gets but it comes out in really unexpected moments. Josh beat Rob in a comedy award a few years ago and josh always picks such good moments to bring it up 😂
One of my favourite things about the podcast is josh's sarcastic little comments that he almost mutters under his breath and Rob barely picks up on 😂 I noticed it once when I was realistening to an ep and now I notice it all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
One of my favourite things about the podcast is josh's sarcastic little comments that he almost mutters under his breath and Rob barely picks up on 😂 I noticed it once when I was realistening to an ep and now I notice it all the time.
Yes! There was one last week, a comment about his 40th guest list, Rose, and not needing a babysitter. Rob didn’t even notice, but I thought the comment was really funny. Wish I could remember it properly…

Reactions: 3
One thing Josh does it always say how much Rob hates the parents from his children’s class. I know it’s a joke but I wonder do these parents think it’s a bit overdone sometimes

I think I’ve said this before on here but I have deffo swapped who my favourite on the podcast is - used to be Rob and now Josh! Having said that I still really like Rob in other settings - like if he’s a guest on a tv show etc

Reactions: 4
I saw Rob live doing stand up a few years ago and i was close to wetting myself, he was brilliant.

I can honestly say I like both of them. I think Rob is more suited to my sense of humour generally but I do find that they bounce really well off each other

Reactions: 13
I just caught up on Fridays episode & it was a good one. The recorder club story was really sweet

Reactions: 2
I am intrigued to know what Josh’s kids are called! Just because he’s mentioned before that the names are a bit different.

They’ve been mentioned earlier in the thread , he dedicated his book to them too

Pearl and Cassius … I imagine Lou and Rob secretly think they’re wanky as hell

I literally got to the jimmy carr so this week in my catch up backlog and he says the names and says he just doesn’t use them on the pod but openly acknowledged them in his book.!
I feel like he isn’t keeping them under total lock and key but he isn’t saying them unless he has to. Which is a fair balanced approach.

I really love this podcast - but I had 3 adverts on this week's one before the kids introduce them. It is too much!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.