Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was the Jimmy Carr episode that Josh said his kids names because Jimmy asked. Rob just said he keeps his kids names private. Jimmy’s son is called Rockefeller by the way!

Reactions: 3
Not knowing something makes me really want to know - therefore I really want to know their names even though I usually wouldn’t care!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel bad saying this so I'll spoiler it but I think I saw a name of one of Robs kids on a drawing he posted online, the name was written upside down

Zoe

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’ve heard Rob say one of the girls names by accident but I feel bad writing it on here as it was a mistake when he said it. I imagine having a famous parent and famous surname like Beckett would be hard on children growing up. I’m glad he’s giving them some anonymity

Reactions: 5
I’ve heard Rob say one of the girls names by accident but I feel bad writing it on here as it was a mistake when he said it. I imagine having a famous parent and famous surname like Beckett would be hard on children growing up. I’m glad he’s giving them some anonymity
Yeah it’s deffo good of him to give them privacy - I’m just nosy as duck

I feel bad saying this so I'll spoiler it but I think I saw a name of one of Robs kids on a drawing he posted online, the name was written upside down

Zoe
love the spoiler button you used 😂

---

Yeah it’s deffo good of him to give them privacy - I’m just nosy as duck
Oh me too! The name I heard was on our baby girl list of names so in an odd way I was like “oh nice!”

I reckon they will have modern, fairly common names among the age group. I always imagine one of them is called Isla.

Got to an episode the other day where Josh says his daughter’s name I think 😬
On the episode with Jimmy Carr Josh tells him both his kids names , and Josh also dedicated his book to them and named them both (very hipster east London names as you’d expect!!) . I don’t think he’s as fussy about it as Rob . But if he called his children by their names on the podcast and Rob didn’t it would sound weird so that’s why he does it

sorry if others have already said this I haven’t caught up but his daughter is called Pearl and his son is called Cassius

Ah, I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm a relatively new listener, with no kids and I just bloody love it. I've been catching up with the back catalogue in the evenings instead of watching the TV.

I love the relationship Rob and Lou have, or at least portray. I admire both Josh and Rob's dedication to keeping their children private. I wish other influencers/celebs would take note. It would be nice to be able to put a face to a name though - or maybe I'm just super nosey 😂 It annoys me how much Rob talks over Josh.

I have to agree with the majority of you, I much prefer the non-guest episodes. Now I'm up to date, I have started going through episodes with guests I actually know who they are. After reading here, I'm definitely going to listen to the Denise Welch episode.

I read all 18 pages of this thread this morning, while I should have been working, and noticed no one had mentioned the Tom Davis episode. He talked about his struggles with conceiving, it hit quite close to home, but if you haven't already, it is worth a listen!
The Tom Davis one is one of my favourites. I think it's really important for men to discuss infertility. It was so heartfelt.

On the episode with Jimmy Carr Josh tells him both his kids names , and Josh also dedicated his book to them and named them both (very hipster east London names as you’d expect!!) . I don’t think he’s as fussy about it as Rob . But if he called his children by their names on the podcast and Rob didn’t it would sound weird so that’s why he does it

sorry if others have already said this I haven’t caught up but his daughter is called Pearl and his son is called Cassius
I'm still shocked at Jimmy Carr's son's name! Unless it's a joke but he sounded pretty sincere.

Reactions: 4
I'm still shocked at Jimmy Carr's son's name! Unless it's a joke but he sounded pretty sincere.
I feel like that about Josh's kids names to be fair. They just seem so old fashioned and too try hard. I don't imagine them as names he's picked.

Although I doubt Rose would have let him pick Kevin Keegan Widdecombe for their son which no doubt would have been his suggestion.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel like that about Josh's kids names to be fair. They just seem so old fashioned and too try hard. I don't imagine them as names he's picked.

Although I doubt Rose would have let him pick Kevin Keegan Widdecombe for their son which no doubt would have been his suggestion.
I really like his daughter's name. It sounds lovely when he said it. However, as a Scottish person, it doesn't sound so great 😂
Peh-rhyl

• Haha
Hi everyone, I’ve just read all 20 pages after being sent here from someone on the Ramsey’s thread (you know who you are!!)

I love the PH podcast and the dynamics between the two of them. I think Rob can sometimes get a bit overexcited and that’s when he starts talking over Josh. He does usually realise and reign himself in though.

I think I’m in the minority when I say that I didn’t enjoy the Denise Welch episode. Although I do have an irrational dislike of her anyway, so that probably doesn’t help.

I loved the Tom Davis one - I listen to his pod with Rom and he has discussed their struggles on there, and he is such a doting dad to his little girl.

I remember the Shappi Korsandi one way back in lockdown - she really struggled and flipped at the slightest thing. I completely related to that.

Also didn’t know Jimmy Carr was a dad until his episode - he kept that quiet. Loved Sean Lock’s too, another doting dad.

Think I’ve waffled on enough for now but will be back!!! X

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really like his daughter's name. It sounds lovely when he said it. However, as a Scottish person, it doesn't sound so great 😂
Peh-rhyl
I don’t mind the name , although it does have Louise Pentland connotations who is an insufferable influencer and has a daughter with the same name 🤢

his son’s name isn’t for me - it feels very pretentious and east London and when I found it what it was it baffled me that he had friends who said they were going to name their son that !!

Reactions: 4
I remember the Shappi Korsandi one way back in lockdown - she really struggled and flipped at the slightest thing. I completely related to that.
The milk tray moment 😂 they should bring that back as a question haha. Relevant even out of lockdown

Reactions: 10
Hi everyone, I’ve just read all 20 pages after being sent here from someone on the Ramsey’s thread (you know who you are!!)

I love the PH podcast and the dynamics between the two of them. I think Rob can sometimes get a bit overexcited and that’s when he starts talking over Josh. He does usually realise and reign himself in though.

I think I’m in the minority when I say that I didn’t enjoy the Denise Welch episode. Although I do have an irrational dislike of her anyway, so that probably doesn’t help.

I loved the Tom Davis one - I listen to his pod with Rom and he has discussed their struggles on there, and he is such a doting dad to his little girl.

Also didn’t know Jimmy Carr was a dad until his episode - he kept that quiet. Loved Sean Lock’s too, another doting dad.

Think I’ve waffled on enough for now but will be back!!! X
i loved Tom Davis’ episode too. He managed to be emotionally honest, informative and yet hilarious about a subject most people know nothing about.
it’s episodes like that one that made me such a fan of the podcast.

• Heart
i loved Tom Davis’ episode too. He managed to be emotionally honest, informative and yet hilarious about a subject most people know nothing about.
it’s episodes like that one that made me such a fan of the podcast.
Absolutely. He comes across as such a lovely, warm and caring man. He’s besotted with his wife and daughter, and isn’t shy in telling Romesh how much he loves him! I’m a big fan of Big Tom D!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.