Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Rob has been on Instagram for a while. I wonder if they're on holiday because Lou hasn't posted either and they don't tend to when they're on holiday until they're back.
He's posted 4 times today on stories.

I’ve just finished their book. It was an easy read and I found myself reading in their voices. Rob’s bits were more laugh out loud but Josh’s were more heartfelt. I liked the interviews with their parents, and hearing what they were like as kids. I feel for Rob’s mum, having to get up so early with him for years 😴 If you like the podcast I think you’d like the book.

Reactions: 8
I really enjoyed listening to the book… I could see myself putting it on at times if I’d nothing else to listen to.

Reactions: 1
I only started listening a couple of months ago, so I know this has been discussed to death but I’m just going to chuck my opinion in. The worst guest for me by a country mile was Jermaine Jenas. It just struck me hard, and I felt so bad for his children. They’re going to need therapy to cope with how detached he appears, how much pressure he puts on them and how he said he openly tells them he’s working so often because of them.

I only started listening a couple of months ago, so I know this has been discussed to death but I’m just going to chuck my opinion in. The worst guest for me by a country mile was Jermaine Jenas. It just struck me hard, and I felt so bad for his children. They’re going to need therapy to cope with how detached he appears, how much pressure he puts on them and how he said he openly tells them he’s working so often because of them.
Ooh I've not listened to that one, will have to go back.

Have they ever had Bob Mortimer on? He would be my favourite ever guest! Don't know if they have going to have a check now.

Am I the only one who thought the (audio)book was utter gash? 😬

I don't have kids so idk if that's played a part but then I find the podcast hilarious! I found it too forced, unfunny and generally very boring with little extra content.

I listened to the audio book for the Lou/Rose/Parents section, I found Lou and Robs parents funny but I'd have been fuming if I'd actually paid for it rather than a free trial

Reactions: 1
Am I the only one who thought the (audio)book was utter gash? 😬

I don't have kids so idk if that's played a part but then I find the podcast hilarious! I found it too forced, unfunny and generally very boring with little extra content.

I listened to the audio book for the Lou/Rose/Parents section, I found Lou and Robs parents funny but I'd have been fuming if I'd actually paid for it rather than a free trial
Yeah I didn’t love it. But I’m finding the podcasts are getting a bit shite too. The one where Rose was ‘having’ to get both kids to school and nursery 🤦‍♀️was beyond annoying. Welcome to the real world!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I found the British Gas Lite chat this week too relatable 😂 I can't remember the company it was, but I've definitely had that same infuriating experience when you can only do an online chat haha

Reactions: 3
I don't enjoy their chat about Rose tbh. I much prefer Lou stories. Rose just seems entirely entitled and I feel sorry for Josh. Whereas Lou and the girls stories always seem funnier and more relatable.

Like I loved Rob calling Lou and it just sounded so natural and loving.

Reactions: 14
I don't enjoy their chat about Rose tbh. I much prefer Lou stories. Rose just seems entirely entitled and I feel sorry for Josh. Whereas Lou and the girls stories always seem funnier and more relatable.

Fully this.

Reactions: 8

I listened today and thought the same thing. I really love Rob 🥰 on the podcast with the Tenerife stories Rob did say he was scared of Rose 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I listened today and thought the same thing. I really love Rob 🥰 on the podcast with the Tenerife stories Rob did say he was scared of Rose 😂
Sadly I think Josh is too.

Has anyone watched his show on iPlayer? There's I think three seasons and it's essentially him playing himself alongside all of his comedian mates. Anyway, one of the episodes James Acaster comes in as a mate with an annoying girlfriend who is grim and dull as dish water.

I now wonder in hindsight if she's modelled on Rose?

Maybe I'm being mean but Josh doesn't give off the happiest of vibes. I feel like the poor guys is running on fumes. He tried to make a joke about his bedtime etc when Seann Walsh was on and it just didn't land. It felt awkward and like he was trying too hard to make it seem normal and not at all sad and it just didn't come off that way for me at all.

I really like Josh (though Rob will always be my number one guy!) But I do feel for him a lot more recently.

Reactions: 3
Yessss I love his sitcom "Josh" and had noticed that his character had awful taste in women, they all talked down to him and bossed him about etc. I think he's one of them guys who just attracts that type of woman

Reactions: 2
Ah, I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm a relatively new listener, with no kids and I just bloody love it. I've been catching up with the back catalogue in the evenings instead of watching the TV.

I love the relationship Rob and Lou have, or at least portray. I admire both Josh and Rob's dedication to keeping their children private. I wish other influencers/celebs would take note. It would be nice to be able to put a face to a name though - or maybe I'm just super nosey 😂 It annoys me how much Rob talks over Josh.

I have to agree with the majority of you, I much prefer the non-guest episodes. Now I'm up to date, I have started going through episodes with guests I actually know who they are. After reading here, I'm definitely going to listen to the Denise Welch episode.

I read all 18 pages of this thread this morning, while I should have been working, and noticed no one had mentioned the Tom Davis episode. He talked about his struggles with conceiving, it hit quite close to home, but if you haven't already, it is worth a listen!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I read all 18 pages of this thread this morning, while I should have been working, and noticed no one had mentioned the Tom Davis episode. He talked about his struggles with conceiving, it hit quite close to home, but if you haven't already, it is worth a listen!
Loved that episode. I really like him, and listen to his podcast with Romesh since hearing that episode too.
I liked the H from Steps one too, having that different perspective of parenting is important for people, and interesting to listen too.

I'll be honest, I rolled my eyes when I saw it was Alesha Dixon today, because I've never been a huge fan, but it was a nice episode. Maybe not memorable, but I enjoyed it while driving round with the kids asleep in the car 😂

Reactions: 6
Remembered to load up Spotify today to listen to new episode, saw it was Alesha Dixon, closed the app. Guess I'll wait till Tuesday

Ah, I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm a relatively new listener, with no kids and I just bloody love it. I've been catching up with the back catalogue in the evenings instead of watching the TV.

I love the relationship Rob and Lou have, or at least portray. I admire both Josh and Rob's dedication to keeping their children private. I wish other influencers/celebs would take note. It would be nice to be able to put a face to a name though - or maybe I'm just super nosey 😂 It annoys me how much Rob talks over Josh.

I have to agree with the majority of you, I much prefer the non-guest episodes. Now I'm up to date, I have started going through episodes with guests I actually know who they are. After reading here, I'm definitely going to listen to the Denise Welch episode.

Yay welcome! 👏🏻

I may have read your comment wrong but it’s definitely worth listening to all the guest episodes, even the ones you haven’t heard of. I have enjoyed the lesser known interviews far more than the bigger name guests 🙂

Yay I’m so glad there is a thread for this ! I’m not a podcast person usually but a mum from my sons nursery recommended this and I LOVE it ! It’s so relatable

I am glad others have said how I feel about Josh . He seems like a man on the edge and I don’t feel like he’s really very happy . Rose sounds like a bit of a nightmare to be honest . I know we only hear snippets but she doesn’t sound like my kind of woman whereas Lou I think would be a laugh . I’d much rather go round for dinner at the Beckett household than the Widdacome’s … and I’d defo describe myself as more “stiff Neck” so that’s saying something !!

Yay I’m so glad there is a thread for this ! I’m not a podcast person usually but a mum from my sons nursery recommended this and I LOVE it ! It’s so relatable

I am glad others have said how I feel about Josh . He seems like a man on the edge and I don’t feel like he’s really very happy . Rose sounds like a bit of a nightmare to be honest . I know we only hear snippets but she doesn’t sound like my kind of woman whereas Lou I think would be a laugh . I’d much rather go round for dinner at the Beckett household than the Widdacome’s … and I’d defo describe myself as more “stiff Neck” so that’s saying something !!
I just feel like josh needs me to marry him lol

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.