Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d much rather go round for dinner at the Beckett household than the Widdacome’s … and I’d defo describe myself as more “stiff Neck” so that’s saying something !!
They seem to be good friends with some brilliant people though! Well in my opinion anyway. Like Ed Gamble and his wife were at their new years party, and last year I think they'd arranged to go on holiday with them (I think maybe I heard that on Eds radio show not this podcast but can't remeber). So in my opinion she must have something about her. Let's not forget she was sick down her sleeve recently 😂 I'm going to take the version we hear from Josh with a pinch of salt, but I do agree she doesn't always come across well in his stories. And I do love Lou and her insta stories

Reactions: 6
They seem to be good friends with some brilliant people though! Well in my opinion anyway. Like Ed Gamble and his wife were at their new years party, and last year I think they'd arranged to go on holiday with them (I think maybe I heard that on Eds radio show not this podcast but can't remeber). So in my opinion she must have something about her. Let's not forget she was sick down her sleeve recently 😂 I'm going to take the version we hear from Josh with a pinch of salt, but I do agree she doesn't always come across well in his stories. And I do love Lou and her insta stories
Haha true ! I forgot the sick sleeve anecdote !

Although maybe those people mainly come just for Josh , I imagine he’s life of the party when he’s had a few drinks !

Reactions: 2
Although maybe those people mainly come just for Josh , I imagine he’s life of the party when he’s had a few drinks !
You could be right. I wouldn't agree to go on holiday with someone I don't like much though, but I'd barely go with my family to be fair 😂

I find it so surprising (and funny) when they're talking and it is Josh that's the social one and Rob that would rather sit in the car and watch tik tok 🤣 and that Josh likes hosting parties. I always assumed he'd be more a recluse, and then I guess a listening to the podcast the first few months was lockdown so it's taken a while for me to catch on to how social he actually is

Reactions: 3
Ah, I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm a relatively new listener, with no kids and I just bloody love it. I've been catching up with the back catalogue in the evenings instead of watching the TV.

I love the relationship Rob and Lou have, or at least portray. I admire both Josh and Rob's dedication to keeping their children private. I wish other influencers/celebs would take note. It would be nice to be able to put a face to a name though - or maybe I'm just super nosey 😂 It annoys me how much Rob talks over Josh.

I have to agree with the majority of you, I much prefer the non-guest episodes. Now I'm up to date, I have started going through episodes with guests I actually know who they are. After reading here, I'm definitely going to listen to the Denise Welch episode.

I read all 18 pages of this thread this morning, while I should have been working, and noticed no one had mentioned the Tom Davis episode. He talked about his struggles with conceiving, it hit quite close to home, but if you haven't already, it is worth a listen!
I know what you mean about face to a name, josh and rose were pictured on daily Mail with their daughter before Christmas he actually spoke about it in the pod. She looked like rose

Reactions: 1
I’m going against the grain here and say I don’t like Lou. I’ve snooped on her insta and she’s just not my kinda person. I’ll not go into why for fear of offence 😁 her and Rob seem suited though.

It’s interesting that Josh is the sociable one and loves company and Rob hates people as you wouldn’t think it. I think there’s a neediness in Josh that he needs folk about him whereas Rob seems more confident in himself and only wants to be around people he really likes. But together they are great, it’s a nice friendship.

Reactions: 9
I’m going against the grain here and say I don’t like Lou. I’ve snooped on her insta and she’s just not my kinda person. I’ll not go into why for fear of offence 😁 her and Rob seem suited though.

It’s interesting that Josh is the sociable one and loves company and Rob hates people as you wouldn’t think it. I think there’s a neediness in Josh that he needs folk about him whereas Rob seems more confident in himself and only wants to be around people he really likes. But together they are great, it’s a nice friendship.
Come on you Can’t leave us hanging like that !

E2521386-554E-442F-AC62-D57A66263F36.jpeg

I assume there’s nothing wrong with posting it, as it’s public anyway😂

Reactions: 1
Yay welcome! 👏🏻

I may have read your comment wrong but it’s definitely worth listening to all the guest episodes, even the ones you haven’t heard of. I have enjoyed the lesser known interviews far more than the bigger name guests 🙂
I will definitely get around to listening to the other guest episodes but have just been picking out the ones I know first. Won't be firing through them as quickly as I did with the non-guest ones that's for sure 😂

To be fair when I got into my car this morning in -5 at 5am to head to work and saw it was Alisha Dixon I was like 😑 but it was a pretty good episode I thought 👌🏼

Reactions: 7
Got to an episode the other day where Josh says his daughter’s name I think 😬

Reactions: 2
Got to an episode the other day where Josh says his daughter’s name I think 😬
I think he mentioned her name early on but then because Rob didn't he chose to stop doing it. I'm sure it was mentioned with a guest who wasn't sure if to say their kids names. I've no idea who though. Josh's book is dedicated to his children with their names in.
I get the impression he is less bothered about keeping them private, but does it as Rob does. He seemed conflicted after the snowman visit and his daughter being in the paper.

Reactions: 5
I think he mentioned her name early on but then because Rob didn't he chose to stop doing it. I'm sure it was mentioned with a guest who wasn't sure if to say their kids names. I've no idea who though. Josh's book is dedicated to his children with their names in.
I get the impression he is less bothered about keeping them private, but does it as Rob does. He seemed conflicted after the snowman visit and his daughter being in the paper.
Yeah I remember a guest asking if they were allowed to share their kids names and Rob said he and Lou didn't but guests should if they wanted to, they weren't going to force them either way.

I agree with the Josh thing though, feel like sometimes he changes his thoughts to align with Rob.

Think it was Jimmy Carr’s episode where he asked their kids’ names x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.