Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do I find I’m not listening every Tuesday and Friday now it’s on Spotify as I don’t use it for anything else. I had 4 to listen to in a row last week which is unheard of for me.
I'm the same. Behind on a few now

Reactions: 3
I get the distinct impression they have gone private. I think Rob’s kids are at an all girls school and he mentioned the classes being pretty small - 24 kids or something. Josh I’m assuming because of the travel distance. You’d only travel for a good school and in London you’re not going to get into a good school unless you live very near it.

Reactions: 2
I actually think in the sorry rose thank you lou podcast they made rose sound like a right nightmare.

Josh sounded so fearful of asking anything of her, when he said she was unwell he didn't allude to what and I actually suspect she probably has the same old seasonal colds we've all got right now and she's got the ump about doing school run for no real reason tbh. Plus Rob then banged on about how well lou did when he went Australia and made rose sound proper bad in comparison and tbh josh even said so you go away for a month and get the same level of having to grovel as I do for doing one podcast during school run.

I listened to the audio book and roses chapters she just came across stuck up and rude I found. Lou is rude too but in a funny way she seems great but rose just gives off a bad vibe

I’ve reserved the audiobook at my library, it’s booked up until mid April! But I’m not buying it, soooo.

I think my fave interview so far was with Hanson. Nice mix of blast from the past and being a bit outside the norm.

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or is ‘this episode brought to you’ by a lot of companies at the moment? How can it be brought to us by both o2 and by Lapland 😂 Also I do have Spotify Premium but I still seem to get a lot of ads. I just tend to skip through though not too bad!

Ive always listened on Spotify so no different to me but interested to hear where people listened previously and why it makes a difference.

Ive always listened on Spotify so no different to me but interested to hear where people listened previously and why it makes a difference.
I use Podcast Addict for the dozen or so weekly podcasts I listen to. Usually once a day I update it, see what's come out and then listen accordingly, mostly out of habit. I don't use Spotify so don't remember to listen each day or week, usually having a few at a time to catch up on since they moved

Reactions: 1
I use Podcast Addict for the dozen or so weekly podcasts I listen to. Usually once a day I update it, see what's come out and then listen accordingly, mostly out of habit. I don't use Spotify so don't remember to listen each day or week, usually having a few at a time to catch up on since they moved
Exactly. I have my preferred podcast app, which is not Spotify. It lists new episodes of podcasts that I regularly listen to. As someone else said, I've missed several of PH now. I reckon they will have lost lots of regular listeners. Going after the money might have backfired on them in the long term.

Yeah it’s pretty obvious that they both send their kids privately. The longer holidays are the obvious give away. They will be earning hundreds and hundreds of thousands a years, so seems unsurprising.

I’m surprised if Rob’s kids go to private school, just going on his own background, I would have thought he’d be against that. Could be wrong though. Josh I thought yeah, because the school isn’t near where he lives.

Reactions: 1
I have an iphone so used to just listen via the apple podcast app. I don't like change :ROFLMAO:
Same here! I’m not going to move alllllll my other podcasts to Spotify that’s far too much effort. I’m not intentionally not listening but I just keep forgetting. Whereas when I’d open the apple podcast app and it had been updated I’d always go to it straight away.

Reactions: 5
I’m actually loving Josh’s sad Instagram stories today 😂😂 I find it kinda comforting that he’s out wandering in the rain with the kids while his partner is at home wrapping pressies like a maniac 😅 my kid is a bit older now so I’m not in the same position but I remember it well. Christmas is mental when you have toddlers, so hard to get anything done. Most relatable content in a while.

Reactions: 7
So glad I found this thread. I really want to know who they thought was the most boring guest they had and who they didn’t really like. They mentioned it so many episodes ago and Michael beeped the name out. I think Russel Kane they thought was a tit (I did too) but I’ve not found anyone boring. I couldn’t listen to Sean Walsh, I don’t find him funny at all and find him so so irritating but they peddle him as they’re best mates.

Reactions: 6
Is the book worth reading? I enjoy the podcast but not sure I care for a tour or a book. If it’s worth it though I will have a look

I have to say; I loved the book! I’m sure the audio version would be good, like an extended podcast.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.