Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else listened to this week's interview? The guests partner sounds intense in her relationship with her toddler.

Reactions: 4
Anyone else listened to this week's interview? The guests partner sounds intense in her relationship with her toddler.
Yeah she sounds so full on. I mean the Father Christmas thing was a bit weird. You could tell Rob and Josh were raising their eyebrows a fair bit during that pod.

Reactions: 5
I don't know who the guy is but I listened to the first episode with him before this week's as they suggested it, and I knew then the pair of them were nutters.

At 6 weeks old they were doing something like 3 hour shifts every night despite neither of them working as it was lockdown, be had this air of complete "know everything" about parenting despite having one 6 week old baby and no other kids. He kept laughing maniacally throughout, it was unnerving.

I've only listened to half of the newer episode where he says they have to have the video baby monitor on even when having sex, despite living in a 2 bed house and the baby being within earshot in the next room. Absolutely nuts.

I loved the Joe Wilkinson one I thought he was really funny and didn’t really mind that they veered away form parenting.
This weeks was absolutely barmy ! I think I’d last about 5 mins in the wife’s company

Reactions: 8
Not listened to the latest episode but I did listen to the first time he was on. I just thought he sounded like a bit of an OTT new dad but the way Rob and Josh went in about ‘the Tom
Parry episode’ constantly I feel like was a bit much. I feel like all new parents go a bit mad on the first few months esp the first few weeks. You’re not in your right mind 😅

Controversial...I liked this episode. As someone who is breastfeeding her 21 month old it was so nice to hear someone talk about extended feeding. I prickled when Rob made a joke about her breastfeeding at 16 as that's often a joke that is made at babies expense and is very tiresome. I'd love more people to be natural term breastfeeding advocates!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Controversial...I liked this episode. As someone who is breastfeeding her 21 month old it was so nice to hear someone talk about extended feeding. I prickled when Rob made a joke about her breastfeeding at 16 as that's often a joke that is made at babies expense and is very tiresome. I'd love more people to be natural term breastfeeding advocates!
I agree, I found that joke a little uncomfortable too.

And I agree with her in the santa thing (the idea of it, I've found that in reality impossible not to go along with the story, but like Rob was saying it's more that I don't reinforce it being true all the time).

I enjoyed the episode, and I think his film sounds great. Although we don't have amazon prime so probably won't actually watch thos year.

I am still finding the transfer to Spotify tricky though, as it's in a different place to the rest of my podcasts, if I don't finish the episode I forget to put it back on. But, thankfully this thread reminded me yesterday 😂 I'd turned it off when it got to the santa chat as my son came into earshot

Reactions: 3
The film IS great! Watched it the other night!
Yes I always think extended breastfeeding is seen as an easy joke for Rob, I'm sure he's made a dif before with previous guests. I'm sure one or both wives must have warned them about it though, I mean not to make jokes like that for fear of alienating a load of mum's (hormonal mum's if they've extended feeding... I was feeding a toddler and a baby at the same time for a few months and was so fiercely protective about it despite actually wanting a bleeping break at times!) 🫣

Reactions: 7
Tom parry’s wife must be life and soul of the party. Jeez. You’d have to keep me away from someone like that 🥱 . Have never heard of not telling your child about Santa !

Tom parry’s wife must be life and soul of the party. Jeez. You’d have to keep me away from someone like that 🥱 . Have never heard of not telling your child about Santa !
I liked that Rob gave a list of reasons as to why it’s a bad idea, as that’s what most of the listeners will have been thinking.

I’ll need to give Tom’s movie a watch, keep hearing good things. Good films are hard to come by these days.

Reactions: 2
I cannot understand his wife's thinking about the Santa thing. As Rob said, that's one lie that no-one gets to adulthood and is bothered by!!

I cannot understand his wife's thinking about the Santa thing. As Rob said, that's one lie that no-one gets to adulthood and is bothered by!!
I know a few people who do this honesty about santa thing and really it's more effort to explain the truth than to just go with it from what I've seen and Rob is right, this one lie has never done any one any harm. I still trust my parents , I am so grateful that for 8 or so years Christmas eve was the most magical thing imaginable and I love seeing my kids get caught up in the magic.

Reactions: 10
Christmas is a magical time of year, especially for children. Would never want to take that away from my child.

Reactions: 6
I’m in a few gentle parenting groups on Facebook and they’re big on telling the truth about Father Christmas 😬

I agree though, no kid is damaged as a grown up because they believed in Father Christmas as a kid. I just draw the line at naughty/nice lists and the bloody elf.

I enjoyed that episode, our video monitor has just broken so they solved our dilemma for us 😅 I’m back co sleeping with my toddler too and it made me feel better about that.

Can't stand Josh, but Rob more than makes up for it. Haven't listened since they moved to Spotify though

Loved the Adrian Chiles episode! He was so warm and emotional about his daughters growing up.

On a separate note, I thought Josh was a bit OTT about Lapland, he was practically hyper about it. Then I heard an advert with them both in the next episode for…Lapland 🤣 so I think that was essentially a #ad. His out of place enthusiasm made sense when I heard the advert. I think they’ll be doing that a bit more, sort of product placement but incorporating it into the podcast.

Loved the Adrian Chiles episode! He was so warm and emotional about his daughters growing up.

On a separate note, I thought Josh was a bit OTT about Lapland, he was practically hyper about it. Then I heard an advert with them both in the next episode for…Lapland 🤣 so I think that was essentially a #ad. His out of place enthusiasm made sense when I heard the advert. I think they’ll be doing that a bit more, sort of product placement but incorporating it into the podcast.
Love Adrian Chiles. Could listen to him for hours. He was great on the New Year Taskmaster too

Anyone listen to the return of jarred Christmas today? I don’t usually moan about guest episodes but I found it a really dull episode. Felt like Josh and Rob kept trying to steer jarred back to talking about kids/family life and jarred wasn’t giving much away. Too much talk about his upcoming shows etc. I hate it when an episode just feels like a big plug for the guest. Like I don’t care what gig you’ve got coming up, I wanna hear something parenting wise I can either laugh at or relate to (or both!). I think I find it even more annoying because they brought him back “because last time he didn’t talk about kids, just Priscilla Presley” yet he did the same thing again :/ would rather two episodes of Rob and Josh chatting than a tit guest episode. Ok rant over 😂

Reactions: 11
Anyone listen to the return of jarred Christmas today? I don’t usually moan about guest episodes but I found it a really dull episode. Felt like Josh and Rob kept trying to steer jarred back to talking about kids/family life and jarred wasn’t giving much away. Too much talk about his upcoming shows etc. I hate it when an episode just feels like a big plug for the guest. Like I don’t care what gig you’ve got coming up, I wanna hear something parenting wise I can either laugh at or relate to (or both!). I think I find it even more annoying because they brought him back “because last time he didn’t talk about kids, just Priscilla Presley” yet he did the same thing again :/ would rather two episodes of Rob and Josh chatting than a tit guest episode. Ok rant over 😂
Haven't listened yet and after reading that dunno if I'm arsed🤣🤣 I've a few guest ones to catch up on

I haven't listened to that one, might give it a swerve. Loved the Adrian Chiles one too, he sounds like a lovely guy and the bit about the car reminds me of me and my Dad 🥰

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.