Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved the Adrian Chiles episode! He was so warm and emotional about his daughters growing up.

On a separate note, I thought Josh was a bit OTT about Lapland, he was practically hyper about it. Then I heard an advert with them both in the next episode for…Lapland 🤣 so I think that was essentially a #ad. His out of place enthusiasm made sense when I heard the advert. I think they’ll be doing that a bit more, sort of product placement but incorporating it into the podcast.
I think you’re probably right, but that will result in the podcast becoming a far worse product. They obviously feel pretty indestructible at the moment.

Reactions: 4
Loved the Adrian Chiles episode! He was so warm and emotional about his daughters growing up.

On a separate note, I thought Josh was a bit OTT about Lapland, he was practically hyper about it. Then I heard an advert with them both in the next episode for…Lapland 🤣 so I think that was essentially a #ad. His out of place enthusiasm made sense when I heard the advert. I think they’ll be doing that a bit more, sort of product placement but incorporating it into the podcast.
playing devils advocate because I always think Josh is very honest about ads… perhaps he went and then they were offered a deal after wards once Lapland had heard how much Josh loved it? Side note I’ve not heard one advert since they moved to Spotify, is that because I have premium?

I think Josh’s Lapland reaction was very genuine, he is a such a softy atm for things family related and clearly enjoying the smaller things in life since his breakdown

Reactions: 5
playing devils advocate because I always think Josh is very honest about ads… perhaps he went and then they were offered a deal after wards once Lapland had heard how much Josh loved it? Side note I’ve not heard one advert since they moved to Spotify, is that because I have premium?

I think Josh’s Lapland reaction was very genuine, he is a such a softy atm for things family related and clearly enjoying the smaller things in life since his breakdown
Probably because you have premium, I get a train ad with Rob and josh every episode and it really grates me because the script they use makes no sense

Reactions: 1
Josh was talking about Lapland uk though, which is an entirely diff company to Santas Lapland isn’t it?

Reactions: 2
Just found this. Oh my God how ridiculous was the whole ‘poor’ Rose having to get the bus saga. I love the podcast but talk about unrelatable! Who gets a bloody Uber to school anyway!

Reactions: 7
Just found this. Oh my God how ridiculous was the whole ‘poor’ Rose having to get the bus saga. I love the podcast but talk about unrelatable! Who gets a bloody Uber to school anyway!
Yep so unrelatable. Most mums like me,
have to get the kids to school everyday single handled, even when sick. They are starting to get a bit grating now.

The amount Josh and Rose must spend on taxis has always struck me as ludicrous. They live not far from me, most kids go to schools within walking distance but strikes me that Josh is always running late so must be the lack of time more than distance…? It’s definitely not a quick way to get around.

I haven’t listened since they moved to Spotify but feels like they are still having to flag up that it’s moved… maybe not seeing the same listening figures despite the big bucks for exclusivity.

Yep so unrelatable. Most mums like me,
have to get the kids to school everyday single handled, even when sick. They are starting to get a bit grating now.
She just had to get the bus, people get the bus with multiple kids every day.

The last few episodes have annoyed me at bit 😂

Reactions: 3
What with that and their entitled turning up at A&E for ridiculous reasons I’m really going off Josh

She just had to get the bus, people get the bus with multiple kids every day.

The last few episodes have annoyed me at bit 😂
I think he is one of those people where everything is an ‘ordeal’ I have family members like that, my cousin was NEVER and I mean NEVER alone with the 2 children until the 2nd was 15 months old, even though there was a 4 year age gap, because how on earth can one person look after 2 children🙄

The situation where Josh was panicking because Rose was having to do the school run absolutely baffled me. It wasn't like he said duck you I'm not helping....he was working! The podcast earns them money. Does he over egg it or is she high maintenance? I don't know.

High maintenance I think. He often says about her mum helping when he’s away or she would have two children on her own…like any single parent does daily

Reactions: 6
High maintenance I think. He often says about her mum helping when he’s away or she would have two children on her own…like any single parent does daily
I haven't listened in a while (no Spotify and it's not one of my must-listen podcasts so can't be arsed to download it right now), but this sort of thing did start to irk a bit. I completely understand how it can be stressful with small children, but they have help and money, two things most people just don't have

Although I do also get finding comedy in josh getting stressed is just part of the podcast

I assume the school is further away because it’s a private school. I haven’t listen to a full episode since they moved either. I don’t think they can really see their wealth because they live among people in a same boat as them. At London private schools they’re probably relatively poor! I’m glad they’re honest rather than pretending to be worried about the cost of the food shop but I just find it a bit much.

Reactions: 7
I assume the school is further away because it’s a private school. I haven’t listen to a full episode since they moved either. I don’t think they can really see their wealth because they live among people in a same boat as them. At London private schools they’re probably relatively poor! I’m glad they’re honest rather than pretending to be worried about the cost of the food shop but I just find it a bit much.
Couldnt say for sure but I don’t think either of the bloke have their kids in private school

A bit late to it but Adrian Chilles seems like a solid bloke and a decent dad, was a good interview

I do I find I’m not listening every Tuesday and Friday now it’s on Spotify as I don’t use it for anything else. I had 4 to listen to in a row last week which is unheard of for me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.