Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good for the lads for getting onto Spotify and getting some solid cash for their show.

Sadly I know this will likely mean the end of me listening, not in a 'how dare they?!' kind of way, just in a 'I dont use it for all my other podcasts and will likely just forget to go over there to listen'.

Reactions: 5
I was going to sack off Spotify due to the ads etc (not ones built into podcasts but Spotify started adding their own before your pods) but I'll stick it out for Parenting Hell

I've just listened to the audio book and I found it really boring and not funny at all in their chapters 😬 I enjoyed the interviews with Lou and Rose etc but that was about it!

Reactions: 3
So I have downloaded Spotify for Tuesday. It is a bit annoying having another app as my phone is kinda at capacity memory wise so I had to delete a few others. No biggie though cos I do enjoy the podcast and listen every Tuesday and Friday.

Reactions: 1
So I have downloaded Spotify for Tuesday. It is a bit annoying having another app as my phone is kinda at capacity memory wise so I had to delete a few others. No biggie though cos I do enjoy the podcast and listen every Tuesday and Friday.
Try clearing the data rather than deleting, it'll free up memory that way! (Will log you out as well)

I have free Spotify and I’m following the podcast- it’s not going to download them though if I’ve only got the free one is it?

I have free Spotify and I’m following the podcast- it’s not going to download them though if I’ve only got the free one is it?
If you click library, there's a new episodes tab which will update each day. I've not used an app before where it 'downloads' the stuff for me

You can download on Spotify to listen offline but you listen through the app

Are there any super Tattle detectives on here that can work out who Josh was talking about on the stag do? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Are there any super Tattle detectives on here that can work out who Josh was talking about on the stag do? 😂
Today's podcast? I haven't had a chance to listen yet. I must admit I'm pretty clued up on Josh and his pals (it's a sickness haha) so I might be able to figure it out 😂

I'll be back.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If you click library, there's a new episodes tab which will update each day. I've not used an app before where it 'downloads' the stuff for me

You can download on Spotify to listen offline but you listen through the app
Apple auto ‘download’ the episode when it comes out so I can listen offline later that’s all. I think I’ll be able to figure it out, I’m just going to have to remember to look at Spotify as well as Apple. Small inconvenience but not enough to stop me listening😂 Thanks!

Today's podcast? I haven't had a chance to listen yet. I must admit I'm pretty clued up on Josh and his pals (it's a sickness haha) so I might be able to figure it out 😂

I'll be back.
Yes today's. The only ones I know that went on the stag do are Tom Crane (not married so not him), Ivo Graham (don't think he's married), Matthew Crosby - could have been him but as a huge fan of his radio show with Ed Gamble I'd like to think it would have been discussed on there. Deliberately not saying what I'm referring to as not to ruin the story for anyone else haha. Not to over egg it, I just won't do justice to it, and I was most curious who it could be. I listen on my commute so got in there early today.

Only thing gutted about Spotify- and I whole heartedly approve as a method to rake the cash in for them, much preferred to the shagged married annoyed route - is because all of my other podcasts are in Google podcast, when this episode finished it didn't automatically play my next episode of something else, and I was driving so couldn't change it. A small price to pay for the content really. A little irritating, but better than having to pay (to be fair this is the only podcast I probably would pay to still get, maybe wolf and owl)

• Heart
Spotify should play the next episode if you listen through the your episodes category and not the new episodes one I think. I have only ever used Spotify and always tends to go to the next episode waiting in the downloads.

Reactions: 4
Glad we have this thread as I’m a bit clueless with apps and things. Not listened to todays ep yet, saving it for my commute to work tomorrow. Not even heard the story yet and I’m dying to know who Josh is talking about 🤣

• Haha
I’m so glad this thread is gaining traction! I think a big part of what I love about the podcast is that sense of community, can’t explain it but the fan base all seem like people I could chat to for hours in the pub. Listening to it sort of feels like I’m in a big group chat and it really does make you feel less alone in those hard moments of parenting

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so glad this thread is gaining traction! I think a big part of what I love about the podcast is that sense of community, can’t explain it but the fan base all seem like people I could chat to for hours in the pub. Listening to it sort of feels like I’m in a big group chat and it really does make you feel less alone in those hard moments of parenting
I agree. People happy to whinge about their kids, not pretend they're living the insta-perfect life, but actually a chaos filled reality and not judgemental of others parenting fails, because we're all one tired day away from them ourselves 😂

Reactions: 6
Spotify should play the next episode if you listen through the your episodes category and not the new episodes one I think. I have only ever used Spotify and always tends to go to the next episode waiting in the downloads.
The new episodes section should play through as well, you have to add episodes to 'my episodes' but that will also play through

Reactions: 1
There’s a good community on Facebook. It’s called Parenting Hell Fan Page. Lots of chat about the worst episode 😂 apparently Rob confirmed one was Joe wicks at a recent book signing

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There’s a good community on Facebook. It’s called Parenting Hell Fan Page. Lots of chat about the worst episode 😂 apparently Rob confirmed one was Joe wicks at a recent book signing
oh really ! thats interesting will have to have another listen!

• Heart
I’ve always suspected he might be one of the worst ones because he had zero banter and just didn’t seem to get their jokes!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.