Parenting Hell podcast with Rob Beckett and Josh Widdecombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think parenting is relatable regardless of social status. Of course there are some parts that are easier or just less worries if you have more money but kids still meltdown and kick off and do weird stuff no matter who your parents are or how much they earn 😆

Reactions: 9
I think parenting is relatable regardless of social status. Of course there are some parts that are easier or just less worries if you have more money but kids still meltdown and kick off and do weird stuff no matter who your parents are or how much they earn 😆
Personally I don't think they've changed at all, they've been well known comics from the off with the podcast so they've always lived in a different world to their listeners. They both come across as pretty humble and let's face it kids are kids so their content is relatable. I also find it really interesting how they talk about their work etc, feels a bit like we getting behind the curtains kinda thing... also they've always interviewed wealthy celebs etc so what's the diff

I think the problem is that as the podcast gets more successful, and they get wealthier, it becomes harder for the parenting talk to remain relatable. Their lives are already very privileged; kids in private school, multiple holidays and so on.
Or as it's also known, the 'Shagged, Married, Annoyed' syndrome

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I feel like the recent episodes where they’ve been recording together in the studio have been so much better and the conversation flows better. Not that it didn’t before but I think there’s definitely a difference when they’re together. I found the ‘brown noise’ episode really funny. I’m halfway through the Gary Neville episode, I normally dread the sports guys but he seems nice and quite funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I feel like the recent episodes where they’ve been recording together in the studio have been so much better and the conversation flows better. Not that it didn’t before but I think there’s definitely a difference when they’re together. I found the ‘brown noise’ episode really funny. I’m halfway through the Gary Neville episode, I normally dread the sports guys but he seems nice and quite funny.
I enjoyed the Gary Neville episode too after also feeling a little disappointed when I saw who it was haha. I must learn that they so often surprise me and I shouldn't judge so much. I think we were just spoilt to start with, with interviews with so many well known comedians and since then there's been quite a few I don't know. I always listen still, which there's not many podcasts I listen to all episodes.

I'm going to start listening to the book on my way to work tomorrow I think 😊

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed the Gary Neville episode too after also feeling a little disappointed when I saw who it was haha. I must learn that they so often surprise me and I shouldn't judge so much. I think we were just spoilt to start with, with interviews with so many well known comedians and since then there's been quite a few I don't know. I always listen still, which there's not many podcasts I listen to all episodes.

I'm going to start listening to the book on my way to work tomorrow I think 😊
Enjoy, it will make your commute a lot more fun! I’m hoping to get the book for my birthday.

Reactions: 3
I LOVE the parenting hell podcast and just wanted to say these things:
1: Also slightly in love with Josh.
2: Before this podcast, I was not a fan of Rob but really like him now, however - I do think he laughs a little too long at Joshs troubles when he shouldn't. Comedians or not, Josh has struggled with his mental health and that makes him that more relatable.
3. I've always listened free on Spotify so it's no different for me.
4. I hope they don't change too much. I could be very wrong here bit I think Rob especially has started talking about holidays and travel and awards shows and his wife going on holidays etc a little too much lately. And while that had always been a thing because of their lifestyles it just seems too much lately.

Having said all that, I really do love them and this podcast. They really should know that they have done my own mental health a world of good and probably others too.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just really hope they don't go the same way as the Ramseys and ruin another podcast for me 😭 I think it can be a tricky thing when a podcast about your life ends up taking over your whole life but hopefully the interview episodes will keep it all fresh

Reactions: 7
I LOVE the parenting hell podcast and just wanted to say these things:
1: Also slightly in love with Josh.
2: Before this podcast, I was not a fan of Rob but really like him now, however - I do think he laughs a little too long at Joshs troubles when he shouldn't. Comedians or not, Josh has struggled with his mental health and that makes him that more relatable.
3. I've always listened free on Spotify so it's no different for me.
4. I hope they don't change too much. I could be very wrong here bit I think Rob especially has started talking about holidays and travel and awards shows and his wife going on holidays etc a little too much lately. And while that had always been a thing because of their lifestyles it just seems too much lately.

Having said all that, I really do love them and this podcast. They really should know that they have done my own mental health a world of good and probably others too.

1. Hands off he's mine (sorry rose 😉)
2. I didn't find Rob funny before but now I feel like I know more about him I actually find his stand up really funny as I 'get it' more.
3. Spotify notify i don't mind long as they never quit lol
4. Same. Rob making a huge song and dance about their florid trip earlier this year was quite relatable like it's a big deal to go etc then he just randomly went again in the summer.BUT tbh I still find them relatable with their kids, I do think they are quite self aware and humble, and both come from normal backgrounds and I think fair play to them reaping the rewards of their successes.

And yep they are so good for my mental health they can always cheer me up

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm the opposite, I always liked Rob, but found Josh to be trying to hard and never liked him much. Even on taskmaster which is my favourite. But now I like him a lot more, he has had to be more natural on the podcast than he seems on panel shows and the last leg

• Heart
1. Hands off he's mine (sorry rose 😉)
2. I didn't find Rob funny before but now I feel like I know more about him I actually find his stand up really funny as I 'get it' more.
3. Spotify notify i don't mind long as they never quit lol
4. Same. Rob making a huge song and dance about their florid trip earlier this year was quite relatable like it's a big deal to go etc then he just randomly went again in the summer.BUT tbh I still find them relatable with their kids, I do think they are quite self aware and humble, and both come from normal backgrounds and I think fair play to them reaping the rewards of their successes.

And yep they are so good for my mental health they can always cheer me up
I'll fight you and Rose 😝
So glad to hear it has done your mental health good too, who would think that of a little parenting podcast!
And you are totally right, they deserve the rewards of their success. X

I'll fight you and Rose 😝
So glad to hear it has done your mental health good too, who would think that of a little parenting podcast!
And you are totally right, they deserve the rewards of their success. X
I tell you what, you distract Rose while I steal him away and I'll go shares with you on him 🤣🤣🤣🤣 jokes I'm bloody married 🤪

I love them both but there's no attraction from me, they would feel more like brothers haha!

Reactions: 8
I'm enjoying the audiobooks. Lots of chatty asides the the actual book and the bits with Lou and Rose are great

Reactions: 2
I’d love to know if either of their wives have jobs Or work for themselves etc?
I always got the impression they were both SAHM at the minute and so could never understand why Josh is so stressed out from parenting ?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’d love to know if either of their wives have jobs Or work for themselves etc?
I always got the impression they were both SAHM at the minute and so could never understand why Josh is so stressed out from parenting ?
I'm not entirely sure on their work status but I think Josh is just naturally that type of stressed person which adds to the humour of the podcast! I'm sure he hams it up a bit to contrast to Robs personality but it works!

I think Rob said recently that Lou was a teacher and now that their youngest is at school she’s thinking of going back to it. Rose I think does something to do with art. It does seem sometimes like Josh is a single parent or that his wife is the one working full time. I suppose for privacy they don’t want to say to much about their wives jobs, which is understandable.

I think rose worked in TV not sure if she is still. And I think Rob says lou was a teacher but is a sahm for now.

Omg how dull is the anton du beke interview ?! Or is it good for u strictly fans?

Reactions: 2
Think Josh said before Rose sells lamps and candlesticks and interior stuff. I only remember that coz he was going on about a chaise longue at the foot of the bed that was taking up space or something😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.